• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I'm sorry some of you think he was in this to win it.

This race was decided long ago.

Not positive he wasn't in it to win it, until you said something. Now I'm both curious and frightened to know what you meant.

I understand and that he's not everyone's first choice for the GOP he wasn't mine, but at least try damn it.

and I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that the election was decided years ago by the real people in power.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So this is the candidate Trumpers gave us. Thanks for the next 4 years of that *****.

No. Trump is the candidate that the Republican party produced. Not Trumpers fault that the rest of the Republican party Saturday back and watched it happen

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not positive he wasn't in it to win it, until you said something. Now I'm both curious and frightened to know what you meant.

I understand and that he's not everyone's first choice for the GOP he wasn't mine, but at least try damn it.

and I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that the election was decided years ago by the real people in power.

So much of this whole deal has been fixed/tampered with from the start.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I think Hillary did pretty good, obviously kept up physically. She may have "won" overall. Trump did ok...well except for the meltdowns or whatever those ramblings were. If it wasn't for those I might have said it was a tie, or leaned more toward him having won. The weird rambling just made me very nervous. I'd say she stayed on topic and made sense more often - doesn't mean I like her any better though. I just wish Trump would stop saying he did not say something that he said - just say, yeah I said that and explain it, or say yeah and it was a mistake, sorry. Rather than denying it and having someone dig up the facts. I guess it's just in his personality.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The only thing that sucked harder than the candidates was the moderator.

What did you want? The moderator stood back and let them banter for far longer than they were allotted. That's what was needed between two people like this.

I'm of the opinion that he's helping her to win the election. Everything he's done up to this point... if he weren't trying to help her... what would he be doing differently?

He constantly pulls attention off of her when something bad comes up, like clockwork. He avoids the obvious attacks (e-mails, etc) and let's her skate. Then, as you saw, he makes sure to crash and burn right at the end so that's the lasting impression everyone gets.

Just my opinion. He was a democrat for a long time (still is)... made friends with the Clintons. I think they called in a favor and he's running as Republican (which he isn't) to guarantee her victory.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    Now, the question is, if there is "no clear winner", who wins? My thought is that Clinton is the professional, yet she failed to destroy this "undisciplined and uncontrollable monster". The fact that Trump was on that stage and wasn't destroyed could be seen as a victory for him.
    I have a friend who married a lawyer. He tells me that he learned early on not to try to argue with his wife. He says that she is trained and educated as a professional arguer. Maybe there is some parallel to someone trying to debate or argue with an attorney/politician. You don't have to win, you simply have to not lose terribly.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Meh, whose opinion and vote has been changed because of this? No new information here.

Libs are still libs. NeverTrumpers are still NeverTrumpers. I don't see their numbers rising. They'll keep losing ground as they have.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I don't see a clear winner. She sounds like an experienced polished rehearsed politician. He sounds like a businessman who is fed up with the inefficiencies of the political establishment. The question is, what will the American people decide is the right direction.

This probably sums it up.

It doesn't appear to be a "normal" election year. The fact he made it this far says something about the national mood. If people decide they are done with business as usual and he can't be any worse than her, he's got a chance.

Will be interesting to see if he makes adjustments next time. He needs to cut on the extended comments...make his point and move on. Because they give you 2 minutes doesn't mean you have to use 2 minutes.

As a reminder, Romney felt good after his first debate in '12 and tried to cruise in the next two. Didn't work.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Now, the question is, if there is "no clear winner", who wins? My thought is that Clinton is the professional, yet she failed to destroy this "undisciplined and uncontrollable monster". The fact that Trump was on that stage and wasn't destroyed could be seen as a victory for him.
    I have a friend who married a lawyer. He tells me that he learned early on not to try to argue with his wife. He says that she is trained and educated as a professional arguer. Maybe there is some parallel to someone trying to debate or argue with an attorney/politician. You don't have to win, you simply have to not lose terribly.

They could also both have lost.
    After seeing that debate it's possible some people now think a third party option is a good idea.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The part that stuck out most to me was when Hillary spoke of "gun safety measures". The context tells me that is the new lingo for gun control or another "assault weapons ban".

She paused right before she said safety.... The word she almost blurted out was "control".

Top Bottom