• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.3%
    33   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Spot 1 @ $1500, spot 2 $1600, spot 3 $1500, spot 4 $1600, spot 5 $1700, spot 6 $1500, spot 7 $1500, spot8 $1600, spot 9 $1600, spot 10 $1800

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    yikes, that's couple mortgage payments for many people.

Have you seen the firearms people describe owning? This entry fee is nothing comparatively speaking. What fun is a car if you have no road to drive it on?

I REALLY wanted to do the Dave Hester "YUUUUP!" but my voice is off from the illness and I didn't want to attempt it and crack my voice in front of everyone.

TiMMaY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    Martinsville
    I am very pleased with the auction results. I heard some people *****ing and moaning in the crowd about the the bid amounts and I could not be more disappointed in them. I heard one person say, "There they go, separating the haves from the have nots." Today's auction was not about the haves or the have nots, it was about raising money for the 4H youth shooting program. It was about exposing the youth of our community to firearms and shooting sports in a safe and proper manner. It was about exposing the youth of our community to firearms who may not have an opportunity to be exposed otherwise without the the liberal BS agenda of those who want to take our freedoms away. If you are so self-centered that you have to wallow in your self pity because you were to lazy to get in line for a membership, I really do not want you as a member of my club.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So Doc, did you get in this year?

yes, I won #8. I said I was going to win :)

we don't have a place to shoot now. My kids are 6, 4, 2ish. This is an opportunity for the family.

If people wanted in, they could have spend 24+ hours waiting at the gate. Per hour, that would have been a great investment for most.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I figured you would. It is a great place to go shoot. Never seen it crowded myself.

Glad you got in and have a safe place to bring the kiddos in a new sport for them.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I like to shoot, but not that much. gotta be a nice place.

I have an open invitation to shoot there from couple of my co-workers, but yet to make the 3-hour rount trip. may be 2015 will be the year.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The tax to direction is worth about $400.
    If I went 20 times, instead of going to Atterbury, that likely saves me $500, per year.

it still makes sense. Break even 2.5 years, or 50 trips to atterbury. Not to mention better hours, fewer restrictions, and the value of my time I will save because it is closer.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think everyone was surprised with the outcome of the Auction and the amount these memberships went for. Interesting to see how they do it next year.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The tax to direction is worth about $400.
    If I went 20 times, instead of going to Atterbury, that likely saves me $500, per year.

it still makes sense. Break even 2.5 years, or 50 trips to atterbury. Not to mention better hours, fewer restrictions, and the value of my time I will save because it is closer.

i like the way you put that, now hopefully my wife will understand me spending $1500.00

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    i like the way you put that, now hopefully my wife will understand me spending $1500.00

Were you #1?

I knew he was either going to be a hero for lowest bid, or a goat for paying too much. Turns out was a good idea. I had never bid at auction. My hand was shaking a lot filling out the forms. Heh. Adrenaline and stuff.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I mentioned to one of the board members a while back that I figured the spots would go for around $1000 or more, looks like I was a bit conservative.

To the board, Good Job. :twocents:

Ignore the whining, as mentioned previously there will be those unhappy no matter what.

You have difficult choices to make.
    To my understanding you are uncompensated, which means you do this because you want to & feel a responsibility to be good stewards of the club.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Were you #1?

I knew he was either going to be a hero for lowest bid, or a goat for paying too much. Turns out was a good idea. I had never bid at auction. My hand was shaking a lot filling out the forms. Heh. Adrenaline and stuff.

i was 3rd and my father was 6th. After the first bid I could tell they where going to be crazy high. I had saved up for an M1A but after today I'll have to keep saving. :)

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield

It is an investment and looks like a good club to join! Your wife can shoot also! I nearly drove down from Plainfield for the auction with a $300 estimate for an expected price, but glad I didn't now I see the prices! I will have to think about it and save up for next year now!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I saw the drinks up front. I think there were more people than they expected :):

were those drinks for general consumption?

random pic from their website just now: 22222

Top Bottom