• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I got no dog in this hunt but have been following this issue as it has played out. Lots of interesting comments flying back and forth. I've not been to the club but it must certainly be a great facility.

I also haven't been to the club website so forgive me if my following comments are covered there. With a full compliment of members I am wondering if there is any requirement to be a member other than just paying the annual dues ? I.e. Minimal work day(s) or work hours by members on an annual basis ? I was also wondering if there are minimum attendance requirements or can a member pay dues annually and not shoot there at some time during the year ?

In other clubs with full membership and waiting lists I've noticed there are work days required and other participation requirements to retain full membership status. Although the club seems to be very viable I was wondering if recruiting and retaining "active" members would be beneficial to the club, the community, and the area service organizations ?

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Were you #1?

I knew he was either going to be a hero for lowest bid, or a goat for paying too much. Turns out was a good idea. I had never bid at auction. My hand was shaking a lot filling out the forms. Heh. Adrenaline and stuff.

Hopefully you didn't have to run out, right afterwards, and do some brain surgery. :laugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No kidding. Made me realize how hard it would be to stay on target during a shoot out. Maybe some force on force training is in order.

oh, and the wife was OK with the cost when I rationalized a few things :):

Good thing that bed came in the other day, huh?

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I got no dog in this hunt but have been following this issue as it has played out. Lots of interesting comments flying back and forth. I've not been to the club but it must certainly be a great facility.

I also haven't been to the club website so forgive me if my following comments are covered there. With a full compliment of members I am wondering if there is any requirement to be a member other than just paying the annual dues ? I.e. Minimal work day(s) or work hours by members on an annual basis ? I was also wondering if there are minimum attendance requirements or can a member pay dues annually and not shoot there at some time during the year ?

In other clubs with full membership and waiting lists I've noticed there are work days required and other participation requirements to retain full membership status. Although the club seems to be very viable I was wondering if recruiting and retaining "active" members would be beneficial to the club, the community, and the area service organizations ?

As an existing member, if you pay your annual dues on time in Nov/Dec ($100 for family is the current rate)...there are NO work requirements, NO requirement that you attend any meetings and NO requirement that you actually shoot (if you don't shoot there is more room for the rest of us!!)

We have had volunteer work days in the past and it is usually the board that shows up and few if any members...in part due to difficulty getting folks notified and together on specific days. I have been part of another club where volunteer hours were tracked etc. and that takes work on someone's part to keep track of all those hours.

We have instead adopted an approach of hiring virtually all work done by select contractors we have been happy with. Place looks great and cost to keep it that way is born by 100% of members via their dues. It works for us and it won't likely change in the near future.

Roger for the Board

fishbass62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Dec 24, 2011
    Franklin
    I am very pleased with the auction results. I heard some people *****ing and moaning in the crowd about the the bid amounts and I could not be more disappointed in them. I heard one person say, "There they go, separating the haves from the have nots." Today's auction was not about the haves or the have nots, it was about raising money for the 4H youth shooting program. It was about exposing the youth of our community to firearms and shooting sports in a safe and proper manner. It was about exposing the youth of our community to firearms who may not have an opportunity to be exposed otherwise without the the liberal BS agenda of those who want to take our freedoms away. If you are so self-centered that you have to wallow in your self pity because you were to lazy to get in line for a membership, I really do not want you as a member of my club.
    I have tried for several years to get into the club. The first time or two was when you had to mail in an application. Then I went down early to wait in line, then the day before. I went to the auction today and of course the bids were out of site for a one legged old man. But based on the last sentence in the quote above and several others made by members, I glad the Lord didn't see fit to let me in. Congratulations to the 4H. I wish your club well, but you could do without some folks who have made comments on here.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's great being to step out of your back door and send lead down range, ain't it, honadylnl?

:p

Yep. It continually amazes me how a generally conservative group of people lose their minds and develop a sense of entitlement when it comes to something they want. Judging by the demand, it would seem that another range could easily be started up in the area. Nobody wants to put in the work to do it.

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Clarification...

YES...single folks pay family rate...sorry, we do not differentiate.

Each member can bring a specific guest one time per calendar, but same thing applies to other guests they might want to bring. So...if you have 3 shooting friends, each friend could come once to the club as a guest in a calendar year when accompanied by member.

Roger for the Board of MSCC

Roger, I went to send you a pm, but unable due to post limits here on the site.

i read it as one guest, once a year. But you could bring Fred once, Sam once, etc. Correct?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yep. It continually amazes me how a generally conservative group of people lose their minds and develop a sense of entitlement when it comes to something they want. Judging by the demand, it would seem that another range could easily be started up in the area. Nobody wants to put in the work to do it.

If it were nice enough, it appears there is a market for some pretty hefty initiation fees for letting folks join up too.

Top Bottom