• ...and so much more!
  • schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Get back to 300 squat, 300 bench, 300 dead

Channeling Mark Rippetoe here- if you are dead lifting only what you can squat, you are either not trying on your deads or you aren't going deep enough on your squat. It shouldn't be possible for your max in both of those lifts to be the same.

MuayThaiGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Drop and maintain my weight down to 180 (normally 195, 200 from the holidays:abused:)

I haven't lifted in years but I want to get started again even if it is only a couple times a week.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    So where is everyone at?

Found out in April that my oldest was going to deploy. A week or two later, I saw a thing on the news where this lady lost 100 pounds while her hubby was deployed and thought... "what better motivation!"

So I started working out a couple of days a week. Starting weight was 297. In May, I jumped into a 90 day weight loss contest with my local Anytime Fitness, weight 293 to start.

Today was the final weigh in, I had 13.8% lost and the next closest was at 10%. Dropped 40.5 pounds over the last 90 days and weighed in at 252.5, a nice 45 pounds lost since I started.

Here's a little side by side action.

1075377_10151601375803528_2143552443_o.jpg

He's still got 12 or so months to go, if I keep losing 10# a month, I'm gonna be golden ;)

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    RE: Yuppies...That is what i used to think about the people that did the yoga classes at the gym. I would think to myself "Look at them tofu eating freaks" The i HAD to take a class to round out my schedule at skrewel and the only thing offered in the time slot i needed was a yoga class. Talk about an education!!

Yeah, depending on the variety, yoga can be very challenging physically. I think it conditions the body in a different way. You'll get strong, but you won't get big muscles. Even if you have big muscles, you may still find yoga challenging. To do ashtanga yoga well, you'll basically need a gymnast's strength, flexibility, balance, and coordination. I find yoga harder than weight training, actually.

If you're really doing yoga, it should be kicking your ass so hard that you won't have any time or inclination to look at the women. Your tears, sweat, and sometimes blood will blur your vision anyway. Don't bother trying to meet women. It won't ever happen.

Also, don't talk about guns. It's just not that sort of environment. This is not to say that yoga places are anti-gun. I know of a few yoga teachers who carry, though you'd never know from looking at them, with their tofu and and flower in the hair. But I didn't find out about this until I got to know them really well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So where is everyone at?

Found out in April that my oldest was going to deploy. A week or two later, I saw a thing on the news where this lady lost 100 pounds while her hubby was deployed and thought... "what better motivation!"

So I started working out a couple of days a week. Starting weight was 297. In May, I jumped into a 90 day weight loss contest with my local Anytime Fitness, weight 293 to start.

Today was the final weigh in, I had 13.8% lost and the next closest was at 10%. Dropped 40.5 pounds over the last 90 days and weighed in at 252.5, a nice 45 pounds lost since I started.

Here's a little side by side action.

View attachment 19429

He's still got 12 or so months to go, if I keep losing 10# a month, I'm gonna be golden ;)

Congrats on the progress so far. I started the year at 198# and am now at 186# on my way to 165. I got a late start and did not begin getting serious until the end of June. I'm also on a deployment diet, but need to really step it up. My Godson deployed to Afghanistan in April and could be back as soon as October. I am hoping to be close to the goal when he gets back. He's been wanting to go hiking together and there was no way I could have kept up with him before he left. Hopefully I'll be able to when he gets back.

Top Bottom