• Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    SB 94------- Law Enacted.
    SB 154 ----- Law Enacted.
    SB 292 ----- Awaiting signature of SIGNED! by the President of the Senate (Lt. Gov. Skillman). Now on to Gov. Daniels.
    SB 411 ----- Law Enacted.
    SB 434 ----- Law Enacted.
    SB 506 ----- In Governor's office for signature.

Thanks for the information. I might be bumping into the Governor next week at a reception and dinner, if I do I will pass on our thanks from the INGO community.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm thinking of sending my rep a hand written thank you letter.
    This is sadly all I could think of. Ya think this is good enough?

Dear Representative Stevenson,

Thank you for upholding the United States and State of Indiana Constitutions in voting in favor of the following bills:

SB506 - “Transport Permit Reform”
    SB292 - “Firearm Preemption Reform”
    SEA 94 - “Non-Contiguous State Firearm Purchase”
    SEA 411 - “Parking Lot 2.0”

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Is it too much to ask that the Gov. get as emotional about the firearms bills as he did over the education bills he signed last week?

I hope he cries because he's so happy that we're going to be able to regain some of our lost freedoms.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    So he's got until Wednesday on 506 and Friday on 292 or they become law automatically, correct?

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    wow. You guys actually get things done in your state. Here we just yell at each other a lot and call the other side names. I think this year was the first time NYS has passed a budget on time in over 30 years.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So he's got until Wednesday on 506 and Friday on 292 or they become law automatically, correct?

Yes, Ryknoll, that's correct. I suspect he will sign both, but unless he actively vetos them, they become law on Wednesday and Friday, respectively.

wow. You guys actually get things done in your state. Here we just yell at each other a lot and call the other side names. I think this year was the first time NYS has passed a budget on time in over 30 years.

And this is with the House Democrats taking five weeks of the session "off". (They were upset with some of the bills introduced and rather than stay and work out the differences, they left the state to deny the House a quorum, preventing any work from being done in that chamber for that time period.)

They had some long days, but most of the bills before the legislature actually did get heard. ALL of the pro-gun bills that came out of committee were not only heard but were passed, and mostly as-written.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think I heard about that. Didn't they run off to Illinois or something?

Oh it gets better. The Hammond Times newspaper this morning on the front page had an article called "Union paid for Indiana Democrats while out of state". The investigative report (I can't find it online yet) shows that between the DPC (Democrat Party Committee) and the Unions the entire bill of keeping the reps out of state was paid for. :xmad:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Oh it gets better. The Hammond Times newspaper this morning on the front page had an article called "Union paid for Indiana Democrats while out of state". The investigative report (I can't find it online yet) shows that between the DPC (Democrat Party Committee) and the Unions the entire bill of keeping the reps out of state was paid for. :xmad:

facepalm.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    And this is with the House Democrats taking five weeks of the session "off". (They were upset with some of the bills introduced and rather than stay and work out the differences, they left the state to deny the House a quorum, preventing any work from being done in that chamber for that time period.)

Wasn't there some legislation proposed to make this illegal?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Wasn't there some legislation proposed to make this illegal?

If not, there should have been, but let's be honest: much like the concept of recall elections, who in a position of power would vote for it to become law? As the dems love to point out, the GOP has walked out and denied a quorum before as well(while omitting little details like the fact that they never left the state to do it and that they had specific things to protest, not the ever-changing list the dems had this session.) They also ignore the fact that Bosma allowed members of the minority party to chair two committees when they came back and gave Bauer a voice in setting the agenda of the House, too, both firsts in Indiana.
    Personally, I'm of the opinion that he just appeased them and we all know what happens when you pursue a strategy of appeasement.

Nonetheless, the work got done.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I wonder if they'll remember to include it as income on their taxes. Will the unions issue 1099's to the legislators?

Top Bottom