• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Oh it gets better. The Hammond Times newspaper this morning on the front page had an article called "Union paid for Indiana Democrats while out of state". The investigative report (I can't find it online yet) shows that between the DPC (Democrat Party Committee) and the Unions the entire bill of keeping the reps out of state was paid for. :xmad:

Thanks for the info. I went looking for the article and found this. Unions helped bankroll House Democrats' walkout . Short interesting read.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Assuming the worst, that the governor is weighing whether to sign or veto deciding on how much each side pushes, I suggest inundating the governor's office with support for SB 292.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Since I'm a professional graphic artist, I figured I'd make a lovely picture to commemorate this occasion...

DnwIu.png

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    New bills just signed into law by Gov. Daniels (Numerous Firearm Related)

Governor Daniels: 2011 Bill Watch

Including SEA 506:

Handgun possession. Allows a person to carry a handgun without being licensed to carry a handgun if: (1) the person is in or on property, or in a vehicle, that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person; (2) the person is lawfully present in or on private property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person, if the person has the consent of the owner to have the handgun on the premises, is attending a firearms related event, or is receiving firearms related services; (3) the person is lawfully present in a vehicle, that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person; (4) the person is carrying the handgun at a shooting range, while attending a firearms instructional course, or while engaged in a legal hunting activity; or (5) the handgun is unloaded and securely wrapped. (Current law provides that a person who does not possess a valid handgun license may not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body unless the person: (1) is in the person's dwelling or fixed place of business or on the person's property; or (2) is carrying the handgun unloaded and in a secure wrapper from the place where the handgun was purchased to the person's dwelling or fixed place of business, between a handgun repair shop and the person's dwelling or fixed place of business, or from one dwelling or fixed place of business to another.) Specifies that a person who has been convicted of domestic battery may not possess or carry a handgun unless the person's right to possess a firearm has been restored by a court.

Bravo Mitch!
    clappy.gif

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    :rockwoot: :alright:

Now fix the school 'gun free zone' problem.

I watched the 'Do guns reduce crime' debate and one of the things that really stood out to me was that a very high percentage of people who have lost a carry license (Can't remember the exact number, but in the high 90's) lost their license because they accidentally carried in a gun free zone. It's a real trap if you have kids in school. You can't legally get out of your car. No way. No how. :ranton:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :yesway::yesway::yesway:

I'm thinkin' OC day in Lake County sometime soon. :D

More like OC of "assualt weapons" in EC and Gary to celebrate!

Laws take effect July 1st.

Don't forget it does not happen until 01 JUL 11.

BTW please make sure you send a thank you to your rep/senator and the governor for all of this hard work. Thanks to all that did send them letters/phone/etc to make this happen. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom