2009 - What have you done to Prepare this week?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Bought another 250 rds of 45 acp fmjs, 40 rounds of 230 gr hydroshocks, 200 rds of wolf 22 match, 70 rds of 12 ga 00 buckshot, 2 boxes of maximags, 1 box of mini mags, 2 boxes of 30-06 rem umc fmjs. Then today stocked up my freezer some more, and bought a bunch more ramen noodles. Next week or so I'm gonna try to get some more 5 gal water jugs, an adapter for refilling disposable propane bottles with a 20 lb tank. Gonna try to stock up on some more canned goods and basic non perisable foods. Trying to get dad to buy a big tank for storage of gasoline, and prob gonna try to get a hand pump for the well too. Also need to work on the generator and make sure it runs good.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Bought a used rotortiller. Getting some more NATO fuel cans in an hour. Bought materials for livestock fencing...that's it for this week!

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Put out some stuff in small garden. Moved the 5 hens outdoors, I still need to build the coop, clip their wings before they can roam the yard. Been real busy doing Spring maintance stuff, doesnt do any good to try and buy ammo, none around thats affordable. I did sight in a rifle for the upcoming Appleseed at Cloverdale next weekend. Looking forward to some Farmers Markets to start doing some canning, straw berries should be ready soon, momma makes some mean preserves.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    Attended the MSG3C campout & learned:
    how our tent works;
    how to use a blast match;
    that splitting wood takes practice & talent;
    what a 4-foot harmless black snake looks like;
    that you can cook bacon & eggs in a paper sack over the fire;
    that there are other people out there like us!!!

web.jpg

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    today

rotating alot of stuff-some is ok, some is trash and some will be burned.

time to head to sam's and bulk up on the big stuff again.

there was this smell in the basement.....and when I went to find the source....I found a spot the cat liked alot..........the cat was using a empty box as a litter box. The litter material was dried poop.

I replaced the box with another litter tray and all should be good.....

Kids are all home from school and summer chores can start:):.......

Bull13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hamilton Cty
    monitoring garden. Still brushing up on those green thumb skills. Purchased a gravity fed camp water filter, gamma lids for dry storage, picked up a woodland camo 3 in 1 patrol bag, ordered more 9mm, couple of throwing axes, ordering more later this week.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    stocked up on more food stuffs today at GFS. They have #10 cans of corn,green beans,and pork and beans for $3.37 a can. Since it is something we eat already we picked up quite a few.The storage life should easily be 5-10 years,longer if kept cool.Also picked up some bulk salt(4 something for 25lb bags)and some bulk drink mixes.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Planted the garden a couple weeks ago :D Have 40 gallons of cider and will press about 70 more this fall from the trees. Just put a half a steer in one of the freezers - gotta love those big freezers hehehe. Everything is shooting up good - especially with all the rain we had :)
    As for ammo, I've been saving mine lol. If I shoot, I use .22. I wonder if the price of ammo will ever go down:dunno: We need some ammo factories in Indiana :rockwoot:

Last edited:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Planted the garden a couple weeks ago :D Have 40 gallons of cider and will press about 70 more this fall from the trees. Just put a half a steer in one of the freezers - gotta love those big freezers hehehe. Everything is shooting up good - especially with all the rain we had :)
    As for ammo, I've been saving mine lol. If I shoot, I use .22. I wonder if the price of ammo will ever go down:dunno: We need some ammo factories in Indiana :rockwoot:

Even .22 ammo is scarce. That and if you do find it it's for an arm and a leg. That's part of the reason I haven't been out shooting in a while. First of all money is tight due to being laid off, and second the prices of ammo is outrageous. I can promise you that when prices level off where they SHOULD be and I am back to work, I intend to stock up on ammo to where I don't EVER have to worry about this again. (also getting into reloading for the same reason)

Greg

Top Bottom