Not open for further replies.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Volunteers Needed

We're within two weeks of the INGO Family get together and range day. We need 12 volunteers, to help out with traffic/parking, greeters, or range safety officers etc.

So far Steve has been contacted by Esrice, we would like to fill 12 volunteer slots.

1. Esrice
    2. Jay
    3. SavageEagle
    4. ATF Consumer
    5. jimbo-indy

Sjstill will be in charge of the volunteers, please PM him if your interested in helping out. Let me know as well so I can get your names listed.

If we cannot get enough volunteers committed by this Friday (June 5th) we may need to cancel the get together.

Thanks,
    RogerB

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Seems like it would have been a lot simpler to have the picnic at a park or something instead of a range. No need for someone to handle parking, and you won't need RSO's or greeters. The only thing to worry about is who's going to clean up afterward.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Seems like it would have been a lot simpler to have the picnic at a park or something instead of a range. No need for someone to handle parking, and you won't need RSO's or greeters. The only thing to worry about is who's going to clean up afterward.

This thing sort of took off on its own, and yes clean up will be part of the volunteer work thats needed.

:yesway:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This thing sort of took off on its own, and yes clean up will be part of the volunteer work thats needed.

I would like to help volunteer, but I'll have the whole basketball team with me... :D

That being said, I think EVERYONE should be the clean up crew. You leave the area the way you found it. Now, that doesn't mean if you found it a landfill you leave it a landfill either. Everyone should have enough common sense to pick up or take their trash with them when the leave...

Just a thought of course.

On a side note, this will be a GREAT weekend! First this Honor Picnic, then my family reunion at McCormicks Creek on Sunday....

:patriot:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

I would hope that all INGO'ers are responsible adults and clean up after themselves...but I imagine that may not necessarily be the case.
    I will certainly help out with cleanup, put me down for that detail.:ingo:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I would like to help volunteer, but I'll have the whole basketball team with me... :D

I would hope that all INGO'ers are responsible adults and clean up after themselves...but I imagine that may not necessarily be the case.
    I will certainly help out with cleanup, put me down for that detail.:ingo:

Updated the list, thanks guys! Be sure to PM Sjstill so he knows. :yesway:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Please notice my "but", although I will still help with that clean up duty regardless. I don't mind picking up as I'll never leave a park trashed. :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That being said, I think EVERYONE should be the clean up crew. You leave the area the way you found it. Now, that doesn't mean if you found it a landfill you leave it a landfill either. Everyone should have enough common sense to pick up or take their trash with them when the leave...

That will almost certainly be the case, but someone still has to be responsible for making sure it's done. There will always be trash that doesn't get picked up because it "doesn't belong to me".

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Sign me up for whatever needs doing. I have already had a conversation with Steve about being an RO. I will send him a PM to remind him as that was a few weeks ago.
    Jimbo-Indy

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom