• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I was just planning on username in large letters, with avatar below. Both centered. If you think folks might want to save them, we could also put "1st Annual INGO blah blah" on it. Type out what you'd like to see, and I'll do a quick mockup.

We'll probably want to leave space for those of us who want to write in our first name.

naaa you go for it man, I don't want to interfere with the creativity. :D

Go with what you know.... :yesway:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had offered to do nametags with username and avatar. (I'm a very visual person, so I recognize all of you by your avatars.) I think I can do it pretty quickly. If you want to go with sticky name tags and sharpies instead, that's cool.

I think T-shirts with the avatars & alias would be cool. That way they can be seen from a distance more.

Wal-Mart T-Shirts $13

Snapfish $13

Shutterfly $15

Walgreens $15

Or, ballcaps are available at those places, too. The idea of putting avatar-to-human is a good one. Even in photos taken at the event for those to view here, it would be good.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Dragon Talon, read back a page or two..

I guess you can technically *bring* anything you'd like, but shooting is limited to pistol calibers..

Makes me wonder, though - what about a .223 "Pistol"?? :)

I was asking again, when I first posted it was 30 pages, now its 34... I just figured I would ask, 30 pages is way to much, especially coming from Jan 11. Well, okay, I'll bring the whole family to show off, but shoot only those listed... Does the Judge still count?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Sorry to be dense here, but I am confused on Eagle Creeks carry policy. I have seen other posts saying they allow guns only on the range, yet, I thought carry in a State park was ok. Can someone enlighten me? (and don't you have to go THROUGH the park to get to the range?)

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Eagle Creek is a City park (4th largest municipal park in US), and subject to City of Indianapolis ordinances. Petition your City-County Counselor to get the ordinance changed. IIRC, even off-duty LEO are forbidden to carry in City parks. I'll have to look it up to be sure.

The range is accessed off 56th street, but you do not go through the main park to enter the range. We're sammiched between I-65, I-465 and 56th street, just west of Lafayette RD.

.223 is NOT a traditional pistol caliber, and therefore is prohibited at this time. Same with T/C Contenders and other pistols in .223, .308. 45/70 and all those calibers. If it were up to me, we'd shoot 'em all out there....

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    We're getting closer to the day of the 2009 INGO get together at ECPR!

We should probably start building a list of anyone wanting to volunteer.

Sjstill (Steve) will be the contact for anyone wanting to volunteer. Anyone with available pop up style shelters should also contact Sjstill as he will be directing where the best areas to set them up are.

Updates to follow as they are available.

Thanks everybody, this should be an interesting day. :D :yesway:

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend INGO :ingo: :patriot:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'll leave the nametags to SR, as it sounds like he's got a good thing going already!

Here was what I used last year, printed and stuffed into clear name-tag holders:

2u6nxib.jpg

I tried to duplicate the font and background colors from the site. I also incorporated any special "user titles" to make it look just like a post that member would've made.

Roger - I will be available all afternoon for any volunteer duties. I can man the parking lot, or greet people and force them to sign a guest book, whatever works for me!

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Roger - I will be available all afternoon for any volunteer duties. I can man the parking lot, or greet people and force them to sign a guest book, whatever works for me!

Thanks Evan that should be entertainment in and of itself. :):

But again, anyone wanting to volunteer, contact Sjstill (Steve). He will be the go to guy for all volunteers and anyone that wants to offer up a shelter. I know there are 5 members listed on the OP offering pop up shelters. Those folks and any others should work with Sjstill.

Thanks again! :yesway:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Eagle Creek is a City park (4th largest municipal park in US), and subject to City of Indianapolis ordinances. Petition your City-County Counselor to get the ordinance changed. IIRC, even off-duty LEO are forbidden to carry in City parks. I'll have to look it up to be sure.

The range is accessed off 56th street, but you do not go through the main park to enter the range. We're sammiched between I-65, I-465 and 56th street, just west of Lafayette RD.

.223 is NOT a traditional pistol caliber, and therefore is prohibited at this time. Same with T/C Contenders and other pistols in .223, .308. 45/70 and all those calibers. If it were up to me, we'd shoot 'em all out there....

Ah, ok. I didn't know there was a separate entrance. Thanks!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I'll leave the nametags to SR, as it sounds like he's got a good thing going already!

Here was what I used last year, printed and stuffed into clear name-tag holders:

2u6nxib.jpg

I tried to duplicate the font and background colors from the site. I also incorporated any special "user titles" to make it look just like a post that member would've made.

Thanks for posting that, Evan. That gives me a good start. You went all out to include the add'l stuff; nice touch. We'll see how much of the personal stuff I want to grab for ~100 people. Some folks might not want to put their name on the forum. Maybe I'll just leave room to write in their name, if they wish, just to keep it simple.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just a thought. Would it be better to swap the real name and the nick so the Nick is bigger? That way you can see who a person is from farther away?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for posting that, Evan. That gives me a good start. You went all out to include the add'l stuff; nice touch. We'll see how much of the personal stuff I want to grab for ~100 people. Some folks might not want to put their name on the forum. Maybe I'll just leave room to write in their name, if they wish, just to keep it simple.

I had everyone PM me their real names for the nametags.

I only made like 35 of those, so don't get too labored down since you're doing close to 100. Simple, clear, and effective should work well for this gathering. :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom