• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    The one thing that I'm slightly unclear about with this part of the IC is the "if in the person's possession" portion.

I understand that I can supply (1), but is (2) supposed to supersede (1) if it is in my possession? Otherwise, why would that addendum be necessary.

IANAL

I believe the "or" in between (1) and (2) allow you to choose which you provide becuase all of the same information is available to the LEO regardless of which one you use so it should be a non issue.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    IANAL, but it looks as though it means that you are not specifically required to have it. I think it's to protect people who get pulled over or cited for a minor offense and forgot their wallet/purse from getting a bull**** misdemeanor charge and instead can just tell the LEO who they are. I can see how it could be interpreted the other way though and screw you.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think there's a controversy here of which to use (1) or (2) when you do not have the DL in your possession.

The controversy at hand is over possessing a DL on your person and still insisting that (1) alone satisfies the requirement to ID yourself to authorities. (2) does not generate a requirement to possess your DL on your person at all times. Neither does 35-47-2-1 vis-a-vis DL or LTCH.

Just remember

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Just remember

Orly.jpg

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I have mine AND my wife's memorized. I win. :rockwoot:

:D

I don't have a wife, however I also know serial numbers to my guns and the VIN to my truck that I just sold.

I don't think there's a controversy here of which to use (1) or (2) when you do not have the DL in your possession.

The controversy at hand is over possessing a DL on your person and still insisting that (1) alone satisfies the requirement to ID yourself to authorities. (2) does not generate a requirement to possess your DL on your person at all times. Neither does 35-47-2-1 vis-a-vis DL or LTCH.

Just remember

You would.

Top Bottom