• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have a metro arms stainless, made in manilla. Very nice gun, I shoo pop cans at 100 yards with it all day long so that will tell you it's' accuracy. Very clean and smooth operating, light trigger pull, fun to shoot and yes it is my carry. Cost was around $500
    100yds with a 1911? I might have believed it if you would have said it was a Glock.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    I too am casually shopping for a 1911. The casual part is due to a current and temporary lack of funds. I wonder why the lack of funds always seems to coincide with the Indy 1500? Hmm, someone must be looking out for me. Anyway, for the price point listed I have been looking at the Remington R1 among others. Anyone have any opinions on these?

I have a R1 Enhanced. I like it a lot-very good shooter and haven't had any problems.

As for the half cock-I don't use it on my other 1911s so honestly didn't notice it for some time after I got it and read about it online!

archy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Oaktown/Vincennes ar
    Sarco in Pennsylvania is offering original 1933 production Colt Government Models with Argentine police markings in a variety of user and collector conditions. Ariound $500-$600 as I recall, less for Argentine-=built DGFM guns.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I told her that one of them was just too nice to shoot. She said she undersstood and suggested I buy another used one that I would not have a problem shooting.

Hmmm...This would never work for me.
    All these people around here know if it has a trigger, I'll pull it.
    Oh, well...thanks for the suggestion. Maybe next time.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Hmmm...This would never work for me.
    All these people around here know if it has a trigger, I'll pull it.
    Oh, well...thanks for the suggestion. Maybe next time.
    I had already guessed that from your previous posts. Btw, tried your suggestions for dtermining a good trigger. Guess I am too stupid or my trigger is perfect.

deerslayer74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    North East INDIANER!
    Alright guys I'm gonna throw some more sticks into the fire....so reading on here LTCH is taking like 7-8 weeks. It'll be a month Sunday for me. So that being said the 1911 gun fund has some more time to grow....

So lets say you had around or over a grand just for a 1911 what would you look at?

Also would like to find some USMC grips or even a 1911 I found a couple of them but they are in 24kt gold and not really a daily carry piece. Any help?

Anyone know any gun shops in the Fort Wayne Area that give military discounts?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    100yds with a 1911? I might have believed it if you would have said it was a Glock.

My son and I ring the steel at 100 yds MCFG religiously with Springfield Trophy, TRP and a Para P-14 Limited. Range safety officer wittiness to this so it is possible. I do not shoot pop cans at that distance but the steel...avg 5 out of 10 with all rds. very close. Really not a big deal if you practice that way.
    We start at 25 every session. We move to 50 and then play at 100. We will be there on Sunday.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have no doubt, especially with a Springer TRP or Trophy. Sorry, I know there are folks, certainly not me, who can do this consistently. But when I read about the popcans on the hill my BS alarm went off. I could be wrong.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    I have no doubt, especially with a Springer TRP or Trophy. Sorry, I know there are folks, certainly not me, who can do this consistently. But when I read about the popcans on the hill my BS alarm went off. I could be wrong.

Why call BS? I do this ALL the time. I do believe, however, that these are illegal to buy in New York City....

cocacola.jpg

Top Bottom