• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    As soon as I posted I knew you were lurking about with the Sig thing.

Na, stick with a 1911 :-) :stickpoke: lol!
    Sig makes a 1911.

Leaning right now to the Springfield Range Officer, but its at the top of my price range.

I'll have to wait til Monday morning to verify the price tag, but if you want to try on some various 1911s including the Range Officer, stop in at Tomlinson's in Churubusco.
    P.S.
    Free candy. :D

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and looking at getting my first 1911. Would like some information on various makers. I'd like to stay under 850 if I can, but being my first handgun buy I willing to go over due to this will become a lifetime keeper. Leaning right now to the Springfield Range Officer, but its at the top of my price range.

Three main features I'm looking for in a 1911 is:

1.) Ambidextrous Safety, I'm a South Paw. and yes I'm aware of 1911 safety features.
    2.) Adjustable rear sight.

3.) .45 ACP its a 1911 not a airsoft gun

My LSI is ambidextrous. Safely is on both sides. It was around $500.00. I am very happy with it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sig makes a 1911.

I'll have to wait til Monday morning to verify the price tag, but if you want to try on some various 1911s including the Range Officer, stop in at Tomlinson's in Churubusco.
    P.S.
    Free candy. :D

Not sure...maybe I am just stuck in a rut and assumed.

Topher Durden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    I think the firearm you are looking for is the Springfield Range Officer. It is everything you are asking for and so much more!! Try then all, then go with the best(Range Officer).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I love my selections 1911 wise but I still want a Range Officer one of these days! :):

I have (2) of them. One I made into a steel gun with all the toys just to see if I could and it runs great. The 2nd was an impulse buy as I missed having the out of the box piece so badly. They are with out a doubt the best offering in that price range IMHO.
    I also succumbed to the siren call of a Springer Trophy and a TRP. All of them a wonderful pieces.

This started out as a Range officer. The slide fit and trigger are just fine out of the box and for me required no mods.

Karma-Racegun-Para015.jpg

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have (2) of them. One I made into a steel gun with all the toys just to see if I could and it runs great. The 2nd was an impulse buy as I missed having the out of the box piece so badly. They are with out a doubt the best offering in that price range IMHO.
    I also succumbed to the siren call of a Springer Trophy and a TRP. All of them a wonderful pieces.

I usually grab my Colt to shoot, my one Springer is stainless and it gets dirty! Bad! :): I've liked the RO since I saw it previewed, almost bought one at least 3 times, one of these days I will make it happen. It's just a good looking and performing 1911 for that money!!

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I just picked up a used Taurus stainless 1911 with ambi safety for $400. Something like that would leave plenty of room for you to personalize. Of course, the 1911 snobs might convince you to spend more money....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just picked up a used Taurus stainless 1911 with ambi safety for $400. Something like that would leave plenty of room for you to personalize. Of course, the 1911 snobs might convince you to spend more money....

Not really, just not on the Taurus. The piece you have probably runs fine and does what you ask of it. As far as hanging some toys on it.....Not being a snob but no.

Snob, really...wow. I will have to tell my Taurus I can no longer own it as I have become a snob......:D

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    What toys? I dont consider an ambi safety and new sights toys. To me, they are functional. Oh yeah, the Taurus has the ambi safety so you would only have a couple hundred to drop on new sights....

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Someone is overcompensating

Meh...they only have 60 more 1911s than I do. It's not THAT bad....

Of course, I probably have more rounds through my Colt than the sum total of rounds fired out of the guns in that pic...

Rock on, collectors. I'm not hating on 'em. If I had the cash to drop on "investments" like that, I'd probably do the same thing. I'm lucky to have been able to afford the one 1911 that I have now. I shoot the **** out of it on a regular basis and couldn't be happier. :)

Top Bottom