• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Id rather have one really expensive nice 1911 than 60 progressively more expensi... what am I saying, cant I just have everything!?

deerslayer74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    North East INDIANER!
    Sig makes a 1911.

I'll have to wait til Monday morning to verify the price tag, but if you want to try on some various 1911s including the Range Officer, stop in at Tomlinson's in Churubusco.
    P.S.
    Free candy. :D

Went in there last thursday and they didnt have any, sounded like they were unsure of when they would get one in. Also was given a price 200 over what I can get it for at GunBroker

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Went in there last thursday and they didnt have any, sounded like they were unsure of when they would get one in. Also was given a price 200 over what I can get it for at GunBroker

You were one day early, my friend.
    Re: price - I don't remember without looking what it was...but I'm betting if it was that hard to get, there's not a lot of wiggle room, if any. If you found one at 200 less, snag that puppy!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I want one of the Ed Brown Signature ones but I could never bring myself to shoot it.

Erma Gerd!

I could not ever own a gun I wouldn't shoot.
    At. Least. Once.

Every time I see boxed things that say "Never Fired"...well, news flash; it had to be test fired or they could really get sued big time. :D

But even with the collectible older stuff...I see pieces crossing my path all the time that I just wanna pull the trigger on. Just once.

Neatest ones were a 1914 era Colt and a Singer with no serial (500 were made with serials, and an unknown number were made without for their employees). I'd soooo shoot those guns.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Erma Gerd!

I could not ever own a gun I wouldn't shoot.
    At. Least. Once.

Every time I see boxed things that say "Never Fired"...well, news flash; it had to be test fired or they could really get sued big time. :D

But even with the collectible older stuff...I see pieces crossing my path all the time that I just wanna pull the trigger on. Just once.

Neatest ones were a 1914 era Colt and a Singer with no serial (500 were made with serials, and an unknown number were made without for their employees). I'd soooo shoot those guns.

I'm not saying I wouldnt shoot your guns! I know, I know. They are tools meant to be used but dropping $7k on a pistol?! My wife would kill me before I got the chance. I already had to show her why I needed to purchase two 1911's in 3 months.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sig makes a 1911.

I'll have to wait til Monday morning to verify the price tag, but if you want to try on some various 1911s including the Range Officer, stop in at Tomlinson's in Churubusco.
    P.S.
    Free candy. :D

In Northeast Indiana, you will have a hard time beating Tomlinsons. They have a wide selection on the shelf. I took a buddy in there last week to check out their .22 pistols. They handle him at least six to try and sent him away with documentation on the new Ruger. Good shop.

21st Century is great if you are south of Fort Wayne.

P.S. I do not get a kickback from Tomlinsons. I just appreciate good service.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    thanks guys and downzero im looking into the STI spartan

I've looked into getting a Spartan in the Commander / IV size - looks like a good gun to me.

Having previously sold my Sig 1911, I regret it - it was pure quality and beauty. You shouldn't write Sig off of your list if you haven't checked them out yet!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I too am casually shopping for a 1911. The casual part is due to a current and temporary lack of funds. I wonder why the lack of funds always seems to coincide with the Indy 1500? Hmm, someone must be looking out for me. Anyway, for the price point listed I have been looking at the Remington R1 among others. Anyone have any opinions on these?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have been looking at the Remington R1 among others. Anyone have any opinions on these?

If you're a purist, you won't like that 1/4 notch that lets the hammer fall with a trigger pull (vs the half cock notch that does NOT let the hammer fall with a trigger pull).
    If that's not a deal breaker for you, then you're yippy skippy to go.:yesway:

harry1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    South Bend
    I have a metro arms stainless, made in manilla. Very nice gun, I shoo pop cans at 100 yards with it all day long so that will tell you it's' accuracy. Very clean and smooth operating, light trigger pull, fun to shoot and yes it is my carry. Cost was around $500

harry1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    South Bend
    Well I just got this figured out. I posted a response and it went to some other area, oh well....I have a meteroarms 45 from manila. Its a stainless 45 I can shoot pop cans at 100 yards all day long with it with very good results. Very tight weapon clean and smooth to operate. It cost about $500 and is my carry as well. Little heavy but its lighter than carrying a cop:):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If you're a purist, you won't like that 1/4 notch that lets the hammer fall with a trigger pull (vs the half cock notch that does NOT let the hammer fall with a trigger pull).
    If that's not a deal breaker for you, then you're yippy skippy to go.:yesway:
    You're right, that might be a deal breaker for me. FYI, I don't believe I have ever been "yippy skippy to go". :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom