• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Remington has a $75 rebate or a Kart barrel, one of 3 barrels, treaded, NM, or gunsmith fit on some of their R1's. See their facebook for details.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The gun is still worth the money. I've bought higher priced guns that aren't close to the quality of the RO.

That's what I paid for my 9mm last week. I figured that being able to check it out live and being under $800, I'm good. Everything online was as much or more by the time I added all the fees.

The prices might relax a little on them. Who knows?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I called Plainfield today and they had one RO for $779. I asked if they could move a little on the price and was told no....
    If I may give some friendly advice, usually trying to negotiate the price of a firearm over the phone won't get you very far, better to do this in person. Also if you have cash with you, your odds will be considerably better. If they still won't move on the price, it may be due to that particular gun being popular and they know that someone else will most likely come along soon and just be happy to have found someone who had it in stock and pay sticker price. This is just my :twocents: and YMMV.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If I may give some friendly advice, usually trying to negotiate the price of a firearm over the phone won't get you very far, better to do this in person. Also if you have cash with you, your odds will be considerably better. If they still won't move on the price, it may be due to that particular gun being popular and they know that someone else will most likely come along soon and just be happy to have found someone who had it in stock and pay sticker price. This is just my :twocents: and YMMV.

I was going to post the same thing. I know for a fact that Bob will move on prices, especially with cash on the table.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I was going to post the same thing. I know for a fact that Bob will move on prices, especially with cash on the table.

And even if he won't move on the gun, he will give you a discount on anything else you need in the store. So you might take a list with you.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Kramer
    Thanks for the advise. It's sound and appreciated. If I'm making a purchase, I'm quoted a price and I ask if we can work on it...well, I guess I expect a "what do you have in mind" or a "cash talks"...when I'm given a flat no. Well, no means no. No hard feelings on my part, they have a business to run and I understand that. I have a purchase to make with unfortunately, limited funds. I've made purchases from them before and I'm sure I will in the future. I called Midwest to check their price as I have purchased from them in the past. They quoted me $789. I asked them if we could work on the price, didn't tell them the other price and they replied...sure how does $735 sound?
    Well, kid in college, bills to pay and a 1911 itch that needs scratched...sounds pretty good. Got to love the free market.

Top Bottom