• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whiskey3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hill Country
    Nice Colt Whiskey! The CCO sized 1911 has become my EDC and I'm rarely found without one with me. The perfect balance for me.

Thank you, 88E! I own several fine pistols, but the CCO is my favorite by far. It is well broken in, but I have babied it somewhat after discovering this particular one is potentially collectible. It is a "real" 1st Gen, manufactured in 1997 (CCO production officially began in 1998) and it is not stamped with "CCO" or "Concealed Carry Officer's" as are the later models. Colt wants $150 :noway: to tell me what number it was in production. I will probably end up sending them the money someday to find out just out of curiosity and for bragging rights, but I will never sell it even if it turns out to be #1. And yes I will still shoot and carry it regardless.

ireed3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    indiana
    RIA 1911A1 MS TAC 2
    this is my first 1911 and im in love. i will post my finished pics once i get my grips and knife handle finished.ria1.jpgria2.jpg

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    RIA 1911A1 MS TAC 2
    this is my first 1911 and im in love. i will post my finished pics once i get my grips and knife handle finished.
    A lot of people bash RIA, but I think they're nice guns. Not as much polish as a Ruger or Smith, but if you're willing to put a little time in them, just as nice, if not better for a lot less money. I think you have a very nice piece there.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I always wanted one of those. Very nice

Thanks, Allen! I originally was going to go with a more cost effective Springer and look into having you do some work to make it what I want (and have it cerokated to match the OD green VP9 you did for me), but then I was introduced to Dan Wesson...wow! Besides ordering some Wilson Combat ETMs and some new VZ grips, IMHO, it is perfect.

ireed3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    indiana
    A lot of people bash RIA, but I think they're nice guns. Not as much polish as a Ruger or Smith, but if you're willing to put a little time in them, just as nice, if not better for a lot less money. I think you have a very nice piece there.

Thank you. Im looking forward to the few upgrades im planning on. I really like the finish that it came with and the tolerances from the factory, ive held a couple of 1911's in the shop that felt "loose" or had a shake to them.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The original owner ordered this, decided it wasn't what he wanted. I bought the can, another INGO member bought the gun. I later bought the the gun, and tonight, the stamp came in and they both come together again. It's like a romance movie.:cool:

ireed3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    indiana
    The original owner ordered this, decided it wasn't what he wanted. I bought the can, another INGO member bought the gun. I later bought the the gun, and tonight, the stamp came in and they both come together again. It's like a romance movie.:cool:

mt heart skipped a beat! :bowdown:

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Springer loaded- Wilson trigger, lots of time and patience, sear and hook stoning = nice trigger break now, not too light, just clean and crisp. Trijicon sights- so much better!

stack23

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    9r62qr.jpg

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    20160121_202648_zpsqycxjscm.jpg

Couple of metal autos I have at my side for a temoray living space, newest addition being the stainless on the left. Far right looking for a home to get a replacement. Should thrown my gen 1 glock 17 in on this if it wasn't 40 miles away ;):laugh:

Top Bottom