Came home tonight...

CompactCDPII.jpg

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    My first pistol, looked for a while and always thought I wanted a glock. Stumbled across a 1911 and fell in love with the Springfield 1911. When I was ready to buy, the only 1911 I was able to find was at The Outdoorsman in Greenwood. Went to look at it and at first I wasnt going to get it becuase I just wanted the base, but after talking for about an hour with the guy I had made up my mind that I wanted to get it. So here is my Springfield 1911 Range Officer.

jyFBd.jpg

http://imgur.com/jyFBd

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    My first pistol, looked for a while and always thought I wanted a glock. Stumbled across a 1911 and fell in love with the Springfield 1911. When I was ready to buy, the only 1911 I was able to find was at The Outdoorsman in Greenwood. Went to look at it and at first I wasnt going to get it becuase I just wanted the base, but after talking for about an hour with the guy I had made up my mind that I wanted to get it. So here is my Springfield 1911 Range Officer.

jyFBd.jpg

http://imgur.com/jyFBd

Nice "first".:rockwoot:

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012

jyFBd.jpg

You can't go wrong with a Springfield. Nice!

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Thanks, I cant get enough of the the old girl. I brought it home and took it apart about 5 times that day, wanting to get to know it inside and out I guess. Shot it for the first time a couple weeks ago, couldnt be happier with my purchase.

I have an Springfield MC Operator, page 142 of this thread, my first 1911. Now I'm hooked on 1911's. :D

I'm looking at getting a second 1911, maybe a Colt or another Springfield. What I'd really like to do though is save up for 6 months and get a Wilson Ultralight Carry. That's probably the route I'll take.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have an Springfield MC Operator, page 142 of this thread, my first 1911. Now I'm hooked on 1911's. :D

I'm looking at getting a second 1911, maybe a Colt or another Springfield. What I'd really like to do though is save up for 6 months and get a Wilson Ultralight Carry. That's probably the route I'll take.

Thats a pretty sexy lookin piece of hardware! I think for now I'm going to stick with one handgun, then get a pistol grip shotty or something to play with.

Do you happen to carry your 1911? That's what I bought mine for, and I'm trying to decide what holster (IWB, OWB, Ankle or which IWB/OWB/Ankle) too many choices!

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Thats a pretty sexy lookin piece of hardware! I think for now I'm going to stick with one handgun, then get a pistol grip shotty or something to play with.

Do you happen to carry your 1911? That's what I bought mine for, and I'm trying to decide what holster (IWB, OWB, Ankle or which IWB/OWB/Ankle) too many choices!

No, I don't carry it. I want to, but it's 42oz empty. I need a counterweight just to walk upright. :):

That's why I'm leaning toward a Wilson Ultralight, it's only 32oz empty. If I decide to carry a 1911, it will be OC. They're just too big for CC, and besides, who wouldn't want to show off a piece of art like the 1911. It's like a beautifully drawn fully functional defensive tattoo. :D

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    No, I don't carry it. I want to, but it's 42oz empty. I need a counterweight just to walk upright. :):

That's why I'm leaning toward a Wilson Ultralight, it's only 32oz empty. If I decide to carry a 1911, it will be OC. They're just too big for CC, and besides, who wouldn't want to show off a piece of art like the 1911. It's like a beautifully drawn fully functional defensive tattoo. :D

I guess that makes sense, being a big boy though if I carried anything smaller I think it would feel silly on me haha. I have a friend who carries his Sig 1911 full size on him IWB and he says he is used to it now but hasn't had any issues with it.

That Wilson looks like a really nice firearm! My roommate has got me looking at Kimbers, his dad has about 4. I'm scared for my bank account now that I have gotten 1911/.45 caliber itch!

Top Bottom