• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Please don't take offense, but are both of those grips the same type of wood (rosewood)? They look quite different.

Both are quite attractive.
    Thanks . . .

Both are rosewood. "Rosewood" is the common name for a number of species in the genus Dalbergia but not the entire large genus (cocobolo, blackwood and kingwood are in the same genus). Brazilian, (East) Indian, and Madagascar rosewood are the three more common ones and they have slightly different appearances. Even within the same species there is color variation, and depending on the type of finish applied to the grips to seal the wood, that can affect color some. If unfinished, I'll put several layers of tung oil on them to seal the wood. These came finished. My guess is they're two different species, and my entirely uneducated speculation is one's Indian and the other is Brazilian.

John

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Picked up my brand new Dan Wesson Silverback today! :D Sitting on a cloud just outside of heaven right now!

Here are some pics I took right as I brought it home, before I even cleaned it!

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I had a few failures to feed in the first ~50 rds with my Silverback. Since then, no problems. Run it wet and enjoy.

Ran 50 rounds today without a single issue. Had some trouble getting used to the trigger and the sights, but after 50 rounds, I was making some progress. Ran her wet as heck...

I ran 6 mag loads today at 30 feet offhand (10 yds) and here is the target from the 3rd magazine, which was the best of the day. The gun can out shoot me, so any variance is user error for sure. I am sure I will be able to tighten that up in a few weeks. 8 shots, and it looks like 5 holes. I will take that any day! :): I am shooting S&B 230 Gr. RN factory ammo here. DW recommends factory ammo for the break-in period (300-500 rounds).

I am not sure if the left drift is me or the gun yet. I am definitely going to have to get used to the trigger and will give it a few range trips before I start messing with the windage on the sights.

Overall, I was totally BLOWN away by the Dan Wesson Silverback. Truly a joy to shoot in every way.

Target without the gun... (not hiding any holes behind the gun!) :rockwoot:

Here is another magazine's results, all to the left and little low, which makes me think it is me and not the gun. I will work on my trigger finger...

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Here's a quick shot of my Colt Delta Elite. This has been somewhat of a project gun, but I think I'll call it done now. The front strap checkering was done by AllenM and is beautifully cut at 25 lpi. This is just a cell phone shot, but I'll get better photos some time this summer.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Here's a quick shot of my Colt Delta Elite. This has been somewhat of a project gun, but I think I'll call it done now. The front strap checkering was done by AllenM and is beautifully cut at 25 lpi. This is just a cell phone shot, but I'll get better photos some time this summer.
    I really like the looks of that CDE. I know weird things happen with pics so sometimes you get fooled. Is that slide blued? You don't see many of those around.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield

Wow, that is sweet indeed. I love the bone grips, they really look perfect on that gun. What are the sights?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks guys. The gun is one of the stainless ones produced around 2011. It's done in a burnt bronze Cerakote with stainless flats on the slide and controls. The grips are mammoth ivory by Dan Chinnok and the sights are TFX Pros. Safeties are both Ed Browns as is the MSH and internally, it's all Wilson Combat Bulletproof parts.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In

Wow! Nice! Just last night I was having thoughts of getting my Delta Elite cerakoted. It doesn't get carried as much in the summer so, now may be a good time to have it done. Yours is the first one I've seen coated,
    Can't wait to see some better pics.

Last edited:

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Thanks guys. The gun is one of the stainless ones produced around 2011. It's done in a burnt bronze Cerakote with stainless flats on the slide and controls. The grips are mammoth ivory by Dan Chinnok and the sights are TFX Pros. Safeties are both Ed Browns as is the MSH and internally, it's all Wilson Combat Bulletproof parts.

Dang. That's all I can say. Dang.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    neHP07mh.jpg

Got new grips for the ECO , wanted the VBOB and the ECO to finally match

Top Bottom