• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I thought this was a joke thread. I find it hard to believe their are gun enthusiasts that hate on 1911's. I've had my eye on the SW1911 for quite some time

Every real gun enthusiast can appreciate a 1911. It's only the fanboys that hate them. The fanboys are the insecure folks that buy a gun based on what the internet tells them is the best, then defend that choice vehemently. It's a lot easier for them than actually thinking it through. :)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Every real gun enthusiast can appreciate a 1911. It's only the fanboys that hate them. The fanboys are the insecure folks that buy a gun based on what the internet tells them is the best, then defend that choice vehemently. It's a lot easier for them than actually thinking it through. :)
    This is the Internet, facts and logic are not welcome. :):

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Hey brother...We were around in the 70's when a man could sport pink slacks and not even raise an eyebrow...I ain't judging you and like Rod Stewart once said, "You wear it well...A little old fashioned but that's alright..":laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ain't it the truth ! And add in some paisley, tye-dyed, etc. from the 60's plus a whole lot of hair.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I have picked up Glocks, shot Glocks, tried to like Glocks, and I have achieved the enthusiasm level of "meh" a couple of those times. The thing about it is, they had the right idea, but the execution just kinda sucks. There are companies in the plastic game doing it much better than they are.

Grandpa was issued a 1911 in the Army Air Corp in WW2. He said if he ever had been shot down, he would have thrown it at the Germans. He said he had a better chance of hitting them with it that way. Well worn GI firearms can contribute to the reputation of a weapon. I was issued an M16 in basic that really turned me off on the platform until I got to shoot a nicer one. I've handled some M9's that were pathetic, but the ones I've shot have all been nice.

I just watched a customer at the Iron Kettle here in Sulphur Springs poke fun at a detective for carrying a Glock. It was pretty funny, especially since I was reading this thread when I saw it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why , because MERICA ! In my best Mars Hillbilly twang .

It's an antique , a horribly over complicated hunk of steel .

Working on your truck and need a wheel chock , 1911's work great for that .

Lost your hammer , 1911's work great for that .

Need to kill a week making your gun run like it should and spending as much in parts and labor as you payed for it ,1911's work great for that .

Need a new doorstop , 1911's work great for that .

If your the type of guy who thinks if you needed more than 7 rnds , it wasn't your day anyway , 1911's work great for that

If you want a gun that works like it should right out of the box , in ALL environments , with WHATEVER kind of ammo you feed it and capacity enough for multiple threats , GLOCKS ARE GREAT FOR THAT .

Anybody ever seen a kaboom? Glocks are great for that. Don't believe I've ever seen a 1911 grenade as long as using the right ammo for the gun

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If every 1911 should come with a gunsmith and every Glock should come with a first aid kit, then what should a revolver come with?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    When you hear die hard 1911 guys like Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers recommend Glocks over a 1911 that's not a Wilson Combat, you can't help but listen to them.

I like Glocks because of the simplicity. If I had the money, I'd buy a 1911 today. But I feel like it would have to be a Wilson Combat.

Because as someone said a 1911 is a lifestyle choice. Someone that that doesn't want to commit to a regimented maintenance upkeep (which is 80% of most gun carrier's) would be better off with a Glock or the like. They all work, they all have their perks and quirks. I'm just glad we all have the choices we have these days compared to what we had 30-35 years ago.

Top Bottom