• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I believe the correct nomenclature is "7.7 Japanese ammo" is hard to find....Speaking of "hard to find" what's up brother?

BANZAI!!!!!!!!!

In the interest of fairness I stand corrected.....

7.7 Jap is correct.....

b61df76810b71100f65aae85cdb3f0e2.jpg

With apologies to mkgr22....

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Let me ask you this.........What is the majority of the competitors running in your series.

I do not compete but I do shoot. We run the snot out of our guns. Maybe not at the level of a serious competition but way more than the average guy does. Just have to think very hard to remember any failures. Had a mechanical failure on a Para my son put in excess of 10 K through. That gun had ate a load of +p in its service life.

I have seen more 1911 failures than anything else. Usually it was because the owner thought he was a 'smith and jacked it up. I can't say I've seen a stock 1911 or one properly 'smithed run to failure.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I am seeing slews of posts defending the 1911....... AS IF IT NEEDED A DEFENSE. Does anybody here understand the concept of "Casting pearls before swine"? Stop doing that!

Etymology

From the Bible "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." – KJV, Matthew 7:6
    Verb

cast pearls before swine

1. (idiomatic) To give things of value to those who will not understand or appreciate it.
    Synonyms

Sure, Glock is a great gun. 1911 Colt, in .45ACP (what else?) Is a super great gun. That don't take anything from the Glock. The 1911 is just better. And anyway, It's not like either one of them was a revolver! That's why people say "1911 is second place, no! Glock is!", because #1 has ALWAYS been the revolver.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Having to beat apart a 1911 with a bulged barrel from a squib actually became pretty common when progressive presses became affordable and lots of new reloaders bought one without having a clue how to reload ammo. I know I saw a lot of this and in every single case it was (a) brand new reloader, (b) brand new Dillon press, (c) squib followed by a live round, (d) shooter was clueless as to why it happened. Some would blame it on the gun, the powder, the load data...... I am sure that it is still happening but in the early 90s it was almost funny. (fortunately nobody was injured in the cases I saw) As far as the whole Glock thing - the ONLY reason a manufacturer would make a pistol frame out of plastic it - it's cheaper and faster for them. That is the only reason. Sure, they have to spend more money up front to produce molds and buy the injection molding machine but then it costs almost nothing to crank those frames out. Think about that while you consider the price of a new Glock compared to an all steel gun.

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Having to beat apart a 1911 with a bulged barrel from a squib actually became pretty common when progressive presses became affordable and lots of new reloaders bought one without having a clue how to reload ammo. I know I saw a lot of this and in every single case it was (a) brand new reloader, (b) brand new Dillon press, (c) squib followed by a live round, (d) shooter was clueless as to why it happened. Some would blame it on the gun, the powder, the load data...... I am sure that it is still happening but in the early 90s it was almost funny. (fortunately nobody was injured in the cases I saw) As far as the whole Glock thing - the ONLY reason a manufacturer would make a pistol frame out of plastic it - it's cheaper and faster for them. That is the only reason. Sure, they have to spend more money up front to produce molds and buy the injection molding machine but then it costs almost nothing to crank those frames out. Think about that while you consider the price of a new Glock compared to an all steel gun.

My CZ was only $500 new. I paid more for my Kahr and FNP.

Top Bottom