• Status
    Not open for further replies.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    the parents of a child who gets murdered in a drug deal gone bad.. will say he was such a good boy/Girl...Or.. the recent Kroger shooting.. the family said the Perp was such a good guy, and had a child on the way... and.. well we all know the truth on that matter now....Everyone's Kid is always an ANGEL especially when something bad happens..
    You forgot "a college student." They're ALL college students when mamma's giving the eulogy to the 6 o'clock news. He "was just turning his life around" and "he was going to college." Translation, the courts in his last conviction ordered him to get his GED at a local community college as a condition of his criminal probation.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I am posting this link once again because I know a lot of guys don't have the time to read through all these post's.

WARRIOR TALK NEWS - Commentary: The Zimmerman - Martin Shooting

The thing that IMO anyone should consider is why would you want to possibly put yourself in the situation that Zimmerman put himself through. I understand dedication and all that. But this guy has his a-- hanging out there now. I would imagine his HOA isn't going to stick up for him. So in the end what has he gained? What has he accomplished? If we asked him now I imagine he would say to not get involved unless it was involved life and death ( Read link) When that times comes you will know it. No ifs, and's, buts or maybe's.:twocents: Scares me.
    I am sorry my :twocents: scares. I don't think the article that you directed me to gave me any intelligent information I didn't know or didn't come to my own conclusions on the matter. I guess i am too ignorant to understand what I was supposed to learn.. AND HELL NO I AM NOT TRYING OR GOING TO BE CAPTAIN SAVE A WHORE!

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    You forgot "a college student." They're ALL college students when mamma's giving the eulogy to the 6 o'clock news. He "was just turning his life around" and "he was going to college." Translation, the courts in his last conviction ordered him to get his GED at a local community college as a condition of his criminal probation.

Your right! I completely forgot that someone going to college to get their GED is still technically in college! :draw: Even more of a reason to carry a gun at IVY TECH! Yeah life turning around crock of malarkie. Sounds like the turning a new leaf was actually the same identical leaf prior. Just Mamma wants to say it was a new leaf.... :stickpoke:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I have a sneaking suspicion that no matter what happens with this, there will be innocent people get killed and property damage out the wazoo. I sure hope I am wrong. Certain people are getting way too much air time over it and just fanning the flames.
    I hope not to. If that were to happen though, then that means there was no crime committed by Zimmerman. Taking such actions against innocent people will support Zimmerman's innocence if it truly were a criminal action. IOW, a crime punishing another crime.:dunno:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Sure we do. Unless you think the Sanford Police and the Florida State's Attorney are both corrupt or incompetent.

That is both a false dichotomy and a non sequitor. Your conclusion does not logically follow from this premise and nor are those the only two options possible.

A decision not to file simply means that the state does not believe it can disprove Z's story to the very steep burden of beyond a reasonable doubt.

It does NOT mean or Z's story has been shown true or verified, or anything like that. All it means is that the burden of proving that negative is not possible with the evidence present.

I think Kutnupe is right on this one.

Joe

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Tyler Perry has added to the mess.

He got pulled over recently, in response to supposedly being profiled, he ended comments to reporters by flat out calling the Zimmerman shooting "MURDER".

I bet the cops did profile him.........as just another stupid celebrity.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    There is a lot more to this story and it has not all come out yet. The 17 year old was (NOT) a choir boy! And Z was (NOT) with out fault either. This is AMERICA, and innocent until proven guilty....

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There is a lot more to this story and it has not all come out yet. The 17 year old was (NOT) a choir boy! And Z was not with out fault either. This is AMERICA, and innocent until proven guilty....

It would say that it is time for someone (DoJ would be a logical albeit unlikely choice) to explain that to the Black Panthers regarding their decision to put out a contract on Zimmerman.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    That is both a false dichotomy and a non sequitor.
    I disagree. You act as though the only reason Zimmerman isn't in jail is because he is the only one alive to tell his side of the story. That simply isn't true. Multiple witnesses as well as the physical evidence backs up Zimmerman's story.

If he had told a bunch of lies, his story would not have held up under close scrutiny and [strike]interrogation[/strike] interview. Somewhere along the way, something would not have matched the 911 audio, the multiple witnesses, the physical evidence, his reactions and statements at the scene, including his laments in the police car, the other interviews, etc.

There is too much there for everything to just "fit" exactly if he isn't telling the truth. You are ignoring the final investigation report leaked to the press. Once it all becomes available, we'll know even more.

And once Angela Corey declines to prosecute, assuming she does,...well, maybe even that won't persuade you.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I disagree. You act as though the only reason Zimmerman isn't in jail is because he is the only one alive to tell his side of the story. That simply isn't true. Multiple witnesses as well as the physical evidence backs up Zimmerman's story.

If he had told a bunch of lies, his story would not have held up under close scrutiny and [strike]interrogation[/strike] interview. Somewhere along the way, something would not have matched the 911 audio, the multiple witnesses, the physical evidence, his reactions and statements at the scene, including his laments in the police car, the other interviews, etc.

There is too much there for everything to just "fit" exactly if he isn't telling the truth. You are ignoring the final investigation report leaked to the press. Once it all becomes available, we'll know even more.

And once Angela Corey declines to prosecute, assuming she does,...well, maybe even that won't persuade you.
    Oh but you're failing to understand that if she declines to prosecute it won't be because he is not guilty of commiting a crime but it will only be because she most likely will not be able to prove without a reasonable doubt that it went down any other way than the evidence she has to rely on that Zimmerman did not act unlawfully.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Oh but you're failing to understand that if she declines to prosecute it won't be because he is not guilty of commiting a crime but it will only be because she most likely will not be able to prove without a reasonable doubt that it went down any other way than the evidence she has to rely on that Zimmerman did not act unlawfully.
    Meaning all the evidence points to Zimmerman not acting unlawfully. Yes.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    My suspicions of Zimmerman did not lead to his death. I didn't follow him and get out of my truck. If I felt he was a danger, I'd call the police and let them do their jobs and not try to do it for them. Zimmerman convicted Martin for what? Walking? What crime did he witness? I have Zimmerman's action to base my opinion on. Even if the incident happened exactly as Zimmerman said, he still screwed up.

I'm not denying anyone the right to an opinion. Mere opinion is not sufficient cause to act. Criminal acts are.

I don't understand what you think Zimmerman did that was wrong? I'm not saying he didn't do anything wrong, but I can't tell if he did or not. You seem pretty sure. What did Zimmerman do that you're sure was wrong?

How many youths can I send out to walk on your property? You won't mind as long as they're committing no crime, right? And, please, ask them no questions: that would be wrong.

You'd feel differently if you'd ever been a young black man. :D

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Meaning all the evidence points to Zimmerman not acting unlawfully. Yes.

No, meaning she cannot disprove Z's story beyond a reasonable doubt...

Do you have any idea how high that standard is, especially when trying to prove a negative?

I like how you gloss over that the cops originally were sending charges in. I like how you gloss over that Z was the one who got out and was trying to find T.

I like that you assume that no charges will be filed.

If charges are filed, will you then make the same assumptions against Z that you are currently making for him? Will "all the evidence" then point to his guilt?

Your degree of certainty based upon hopelessly incomplete information is a bit disconcerting.

Joe

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Your degree of certainty based upon hopelessly incomplete information is a bit disconcerting.

Joe

This is what I'm struggling with. I don't know how anyone can be certain right now.

I made the mistake in the beginning of believing what I heard on TV, partly because it was given as if no facts were in dispute. I thought Zimmerman had followed and initiated the confrontation. Even then, I could conceive of possibilities where he was still legal to use deadly force.

I'm very interested to hear all the known facts in context.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Tyler Perry has added to the mess.

He got pulled over recently, in response to supposedly being profiled, he ended comments to reporters by flat out calling the Zimmerman shooting "MURDER".

I bet the cops did profile him.........as just another stupid celebrity.

I'm not sure how he could be considered a celebrity. He has no talent and isn't relevant. I had to watch some of this "work" for a class. It was the most unfunny, ignorant garbage I'd ever seen. The "acting" was on the same level as Roseanne (well, John Goodman was impressive on that show as he never projectile vomited during the scenes when he had to kiss that pig).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom