Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You can wash this any way you want and as often as needed but the stains are permanent.
    Any time the race card is played there is no truth but that which is presented by the race baiter's. It is sad that this has been allowed to happen in this country. So few keep so many in the corner. I am afraid to discuss this any more as I have already been called a racist for being upset with Obummer for sticking his nose in this. It just sucks.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Most people are douche bags, so what's the friggin' point?

the friggin point is...... well maybe i do need to expand the list to include some folks but anyhow i digress.

i dont care if folks are still trying to figure this case out, i'm just not really sure why we are all still wrapped up in it, i dont think there is any great significance here..... two douche bags got into it, and one douche bag killed the other.

i just think folks are looking to hard for some point or fact that is going to make this case make sense, i just dont think it exists, beyond two douche bags had it out and one got shot. it sounds to me like they were both wrong one way or another.

thank you for monitoring our post mr hookeye.......... kinda like a neighbor hood watch captain.... only different

jake

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Got it. You don't care who was right or wrong in the case, because they were well below your lofty status.

I don't care what their status was...........I simply want to know if the shooting was in defense or not.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Got it. You don't care who was right or wrong in the case, because they were well below your lofty status.

I don't care what their status was...........I simply want to know if the shooting was in defense or not.

honestly buddy i dont think the world is ever going to know the truth, and which version of the truth will you believe? the one they say is the truth? "look we know we've reported a bunch of lies, and political panderings but seriously we're telling you the truth now, trust us?"

its not about having a lofty status or being better than anyone. you completely miss understand my point. my point was they were both idiots, if zimmerman had stayed in his car, stayed back, not followed (someone follows me i'm gonna confront) etc. he wouldnt have gotten in this mess

if martin had not gotten suspended for weed (is this still the case?) had just kept walking, had been home getting ready for school, if he had just talked to zimmerman instead of attacking (if he did?)

it was a tragedy of errors and neither one seem very bright to me. if this makes me a snob so be it

jake

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Nope, doesn't make you a snob.

IMHO just because the police said not to follow, that doesn't mean doing so was an error.

It means they might not have wanted him to perform an action that could put him at heightened risk.............because they know from experience, that sometimes it doesn't take much to set another person off, and a mess happens.

Avoidance helps minimize the potential for a mess.

But if offers no guarantee.

IMHO we don't know who hit the big red button on making this go from a "check out" to a "shooting". While some things look to have contributed, that doesn't mean somebody didn't push it over the edge in one big heave.

FWIW I see folks I don't know in my 'hood, day or night, and I smile and say "How ya doing?"
    Just to let them know I'm watching. If somebody wants to gets physical from that then they're gonna bleed..........a lot.

Last edited:

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I agree with everything except your point about following nog being an error after he was told not to. I would say considering the shooting and the fall out it most certainly was an "oopsy" . If someones life was in danger by all means. But the fact is a kid is dead, and his life is screwed because he wasnt smart enough to listen. Not placing the blame on him alone. But its one of many errors by both. One smart choice by either one could have saved them both. But it seems as if they both had to show they were bad**s . And they both got punked

It is sad for sure

Jake

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Anything can be used as a springboard for a reaction.

Sometimes a simple, legal and even polite act can get an immediate and severe response.

Maybe both incremented the event with an even and multiple exchange of stupidity.

Maybe only one went full stupid and caused the mess.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I don't know much about voice recognition. Can you match screams to a regular speaking voice? Not arguing, just don't know.

I'm now pretty skeptical in general of forensic evidence. I used to think it was all scientific, but some things I've since read tell me that a lot of it is voodoo. There was a guy in Texas who was convicted and executed from forensic arson testimony, then I found out about arson "experts" and found out that there are no standards or even solidly accepted principles.

I've read a bit about carpet fiber analysis as well, and apparently that's not as exact as we've been led to believe.

Again, voice recognition may be pure provable science, I just don't know anything about it.

As to those who say we'll never know what happened, I think we just might. I think when everything comes out we'll have a good idea. As political as this thing is, I think if they had something solid they would have arrested the guy. The state of Florida would like nothing more than to convict this guy, I'd think.

I also think that no matter what happens, Zimmerman is going to face a federal prosecution for civil rights violations. If nothing else they can use it as a stage to attack concealed carry and self defense laws.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom