Not open for further replies.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    "The evidence that George Zimmerman's attorneys have uncovered on Trayvon Martin's cellphone paints a troubling picture of the Miami Gardens teenager: He sent text messages about being a fighter, smoking marijuana and being ordered to move out of his home by his mother. And photos from that phone offer more of the same: healthy green plants — what appear to be marijuana — growing in pots and a .40-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun."

Is there anyone left stupid-enough to want to prosecute Zimmerman for anything? Hell, he should get a medal and $$ reward for taking out the garbage. Enough spending time and money, and greatly inconveniencing Zimmerman's life, for nothing.

There are too many high-profile egos tied up in this prosecution to give up on it now. The "State" tried to get Z. to plea out and he wouldn't; now they have to take their chances on getting the judge to suppress the evidence from being seen by the jury, which Z's lawyer has partially short-circuited by releasing this evidence.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I've been out of town for work and absent here for a while, so some of this has probably been recently posted, but to clarify and possibly reiterate:

Gun, drug texts feature in new Trayvon Martin shooting evidence - CNN.com

wuqdtj.jpg

155qhpw.jpg

The person who asked him on the 18th if he wanted a .22 is Ronquavis "Qua" Fulton, his cousin. Here's his FB page. Here he is whining to Nancy Grace about Trayvon's death.

Now, look at this: http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513/discovery_3/extraction_reports/report8.pdf They didn't redact it quite enough.

On page 7 of this, more-detailed phone log with the names redacted, Trayvon sent a message less than 4 minutes later, "Wat shoota??" He appears to be calling his cousin "Shooter."

Then on Feb. 21st, Trayvon has this text exchange with an unknown person:

Trayvon: U wanna share a 38 w/___??
    Unknown: who ___
    Trayvon: ______
    Unk: What with da money I gave you
    T: Yeah nd he gon put In
    Unk: how ima gt da fle
    T: yall gon split it
    Unk: its gne b at my crib
    Trayvon: i got pickd up ma
    Trayvon: u wanna share it w/___
    Unk: Nah im finna cop a 38 4 a face

Now, could it be that "38" and "380" are drug slang? Could it be they mean iced-tea and skittles? Kinda doubt it.

Since "Qua" fits perfectly in the redacted blanks, it seems pretty clear to me he was trying to help Qua share a gun. VERY CLEARLY Qua offered to illegally transfer a .22 pistol to Trayvon. So here we have a perfect little angelic gun-trafficker.

I wonder if all the gun-haters know about this?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    "The pretrial release of these irrelevant red herrings is a desperate and pathetic attempt by the defense to pollute and sway the jury pool." -Martin family Attorney

Yeah, because the President going on NATIONAL TV, and giving his OPINION of the case before any facts were known, doesn't "pollute and sway the jury pool" in any way...

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    He wasn't shot for that, though. He was shot for jumping on someone and beating the **** out of him.

Exactly.

By themselves, smoking dope isn't a big deal. Heck, 5 out of the last 4 presidents smoked it.... maybe GH Bush did too, he never owned up to it or had witnesses. Probably 75% of Americans or more have smoked at some point in their lives. Even though I don't do it, it means nothing. Liberty. Look it up.

Owning a gun prior to being of age. Means nothing to me. People have a Right to self defense. I don't care if that person hasn't attained the "legal" age yet. Again, in and of itself, means nothing.

Everything taken in context, basically being a gang banging thug slinging dope to school kids... that paints a good picture of the deceased.

From everything I've seen, it was a justified shoot.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I am sure he would have been voting for Hillary in 2016.

Trayvon seems like an upstanding young gentleman. I think all these liberals should have to live in areas populated by people like him. Maybe they will rethink their liberal politics. If his baby mama had him grounded for being busted with dope he would be alive. that is a fact, but no one even brings that up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am sure he would have been voting for Hillary in 2016.

Trayvon seems like an upstanding young gentleman. I think all these liberals should have to live in areas populated by people like him. Maybe they will rethink their liberal politics. If his baby mama had him grounded for being busted with dope he would be alive. that is a fact, but no one even brings that up.

When this was a hot topic I had discussions with several people about this. A few lib acquaintances (i just can not call them friends) tried to pound me with sound bites and talking points straight out of MSNBC's playbook. When I beat them back with statistics and common sense arguments I was called a racist by 2 white people. This is the thin ice/slippery slope we are trying to get across. The PC crowd has everyone so wound up and scared of the "Race" card it is hard to make a good argument.

The kid was a droopy pants banger....period.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    When this was a hot topic I had discussions with several people about this. A few lib acquaintances (i just can not call them friends) tried to pound me with sound bites and talking points straight out of MSNBC's playbook. When I beat them back with statistics and common sense arguments I was called a racist by 2 white people. This is the thin ice/slippery slope we are trying to get across. The PC crowd has everyone so wound up and scared of the "Race" card it is hard to make a good argument.

You should have seen and heard the vitriol after THIS conversation with a couple of leftists I know. I said "I hope Zimmerman goes to prison for the rest of his life." They smiled and said "finally saw the light, huh?" I said "yeah. An Obama voter shoots a soon-to-be Democrat voter, and goes to prison? Why should I be upset? That's TWO down for the price of one."

What can I say? I'm good at turning the screws.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

When liberals point to me and call me a racist, I simply point to the gov't sanctioned RACIST organization, called the CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You should have seen and heard the vitriol after THIS conversation with a couple of leftists I know. I said "I hope Zimmerman goes to prison for the rest of his life." They smiled and said "finally saw the light, huh?" I said "yeah. An Obama voter shoots a soon-to-be Democrat voter, and goes to prison? Why should I be upset? That's TWO down for the price of one."

What can I say? I'm good at turning the screws.

:laugh:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Looks like the "fix" is as "in" as they can make it be; how Martin's record of drug abuse and fighting can be ruled "non-germane" to the events the shooting is beyond my comprehension.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looks like the "fix" is as "in" as they can make it be; how Martin's record of drug abuse and fighting can be ruled "non-germane" to the events the shooting is beyond my comprehension.

What, you think that the facts are relevant to the case of a poor innocent child being gunned down by a racist white hispanic wannabe mall ninja?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What, you think that the facts are relevant to the case of a poor innocent child being gunned down by a racist white hispanic wannabe mall ninja?
    I think the part in bold is admissible in this case.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I am glad to say now I know why they didn't show any current pics of Trayvon Martin-he was banger....not a little innocent middle school kid.

They said they weren't admissible in opening statements right? It didn't say anything about cross or rebuttals :)

Perhaps they can call an expert on TM's character, and get a workaround to the school suspension issues. Call the principal and ask if he was a "honor student" LOL

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I am glad to say now I know why they didn't show any current pics of Trayvon Martin-he was banger....not a little innocent middle school kid.

They said they weren't admissible in opening statements right? It didn't say anything about cross or rebuttals :)

Perhaps they can call an expert on TM's character, and get a workaround to the school suspension issues. Call the principal and ask if he was a "honor student" LOL

He was also a future democrat vote producer. You figure 5 kids by three mama's and one day many of those kids and baby mama's will vote. its a plot by liberals to keep people down to control their votes and most refuse to see it and those who do don't want to discuss it for fear of certain cards being played.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

There is tons of "germane" evidence that does not fall within the rules of evidence and isn't admissible. Things like prior bad acts, hearsay statements, evidence more prejudicial than probative etc.

All the judge ruled is that they can't be mentioned in opening statements, not that they can't be admitted IF the proper foundation is laid. Some of them will likely come in during case in chief, some will likely come in if/when the defense opens the door, and some of them likely will not because they don't meet the rules for admission.

How you think the "fix" is in on this because of ruling in limine on OPENING STATMENTS is what is beyond me.

Joe

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    The revelations in the media for the past couple of days are more for selling papers than anything else. Most/all of it isn't admissible and everyone involved already knew that. Defense counsel wanted it out in the media, where potential jurors would learn of it, and he got his wish. If he wants to bring any specific parts out during trial, it will be fairly easy to do in cross; he need not do so in his opening. Lastly, when this jury eventually goes into deliberations, it will take about 5 seconds for someone to make sure the other 11 heard all of it in the media.

Of bigger consequence to the defense was the decision not to sequester the jury. With the pre-trial publicity this case has drawn, I thought they had a good chance of getting that done. The potential for juror tampering in this case is very problematic.

Bottom line....the State of Florida, from the Governor down, have crawled way out on a political limb on this one. In Hold-em, they've gone "all in" on this case. I think they all now realize this is one they wish they had avoided but it's too late to back out of it now. A political disaster looms in Florida if Zimmerman is acquitted and all the players are well-aware of it. The State will do whatever is required at this point, legal or otherwise, to convict Zimmerman. It's going to be very tough for, when you get rid of the media sensationalism, the media race baiting, and look at this case as nothing but an adjudication under Florida codifed law, the outcome is rather easy to predict; Zimmerman should be found not guilty of any of charges that have been brought against him. How Scott & company manufacture a guilty verdict will be the thing historians will talk about 50 years from now and not the details of the case itself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom