Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Florida Civil trials use the fact that you were arrested as proof.

Good thing they give immunity for justifiable use of force then so this kind of silliness doesn't happen.

If there was never any proof he committed a crime then how was he arrested? If he was justified then there shouldnt of been a need to arrest him. Your innocent until proven guilty right? ON what grounds are they arresting the "innocent" man.. Whatever grounds they used are the same ones the civil suit will be based on...
    In fact, just in case someone brings a civil case, they even thought to provide compensation.

(3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Once again IT ISN'T the arrest that matters; it is the post-arrest judicial determination of PC that might matter. Such a determination could also be made in a civil case even where there wasn't an arrest.

Your claim that an arrest is necessary for a civil suit is simply not supported by the law you cited.

Do you really think that LE agencies determinations of PC are going to be binding upon the court? Do you really think that judges are going to let the cops determine PC for them? Cops can arrest if they believe they have PC, but it is always going to be reviewed by a judge. Conversely, the cops can not arrest a person but a judge in a civil suit could still find PC.

Joe
    Joe I understand what your saying, not disagreeing, im only saying in a case like this. The arrest is very necessary for the civil suit. It isnt in all cases, im referring to this case. If he was never arrested then they would not have any real standing for a civil suit. Now that he has been arrested it opened the door for a civil suit no matter the outcome of guilt or innocence.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Good thing they give immunity for justifiable use of force then so this kind of silliness doesn't happen.

In fact, just in case someone brings a civil case, they even thought to provide compensation.

Ok so then what evidence do they have, the first prosecutor said none, the chief said none. Right now in my opinion and from what ive heard the arrest is just to appease people. We will have to wait and see in court. If he is guilty let him rot in jail. The whole immunity thing is mainly for Law Enforcement, but it would apply for stand your ground if that is truly the case here. If you have an opinion speak up and dont just quote people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok so then what evidence do they have, the first prosecutor said none, the chief said none. Right now in my opinion and from what ive heard the arrest is just to appease people. We will have to wait and see in court. If he is guilty let him rot in jail.

No disagreements here.

The whole immunity thing is mainly for Law Enforcement, but it would apply for stand your ground if that is truly the case here.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Mainly for Law Enforcement to do what?

If you have an opinion speak up and dont just quote people.
    Oops, there I go again. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :D

I read the FL law like the others, that it does not leave much room for civil action if the shooting is ruled justified. Is that the opinion you wanted? Or, are you asking my opinion about the whole incident. If so, here goes...

I think race has nothing to do with the reason for the narrative the media has manufactured. Race is just a convenient circumstance they could exploit. And I don't even think it's about gaining support for more gun restrictions, although I'm sure they'd take that if they could get it. I think the circus is to shift the focus from Obama's failed promise of "hope" and regain the support independents gave him in 2008.

I have no idea if the shooting was justified or not. Only Zimmerman knows for sure. Ether way I'd like to know the truth and see justice happen.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good find. The guy makes a pretty good recitation of the evidence.

Evidence, on hand. I think that if all we have been presented is all the evidence there is, Zimmerman probably shouldn't have been charged. I'm hoping that there is something significant that has been purposely left out by the prosecution.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Evidence, on hand. I think that if all we have been presented is all the evidence there is, Zimmerman probably shouldn't have been charged. I'm hoping that there is something significant that has been purposely left out by the prosecution.

So you WANT him to be guilty. Got it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, I think you have an issue with trying to sidestep your comments.

Yep. He is. But we have a reading comprehension issue.

I'm not sidestepping anything, you can troll the heck out of me, but it doesn't absolve you from lacking the most basic reading comprehension skills.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Apparently you don't understand the english language. When one says "They hope" that means they are wishing something to be true. In this case you are wishing hte prosecutor has information that locks him away. Therefor, that means you want him to be guilty. If you had meant that to read for the prosecutor's benefit, they had batter have more information than we have, you would have worded it differently.

You've not hidden your feelings on Z very well. From the "destroy his life" comments to other comments. You've made it quite clear to anyone capable of reading at a 5th grade level that you want him to fry.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    So you mean to tell me that a retained defense attorney's, who has an absolute legal and ethical obligation to advocate for his clients position with very few limitations, statements to the press somehow now constitute evidence?

Yawn...

Joe

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    I believe Kutnupe is saying he hopes that since Zimmerman has been arrested is that he has been arrested for real reasons and NOT for posturing, placating the media, satisfying race baiters, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom