• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    No, everyone was not. The interviews in the media and what I am hearing on WLS, people were all around him.

One person tried to block the door. The others sat there and waited to be shot.

He came in, fired into the ceiling and then threw the smoke device. The girl on WLS stated that he shot over the front rows and the brass hit her in the head. She said that people could reach out and touch him.

The sound of the guns alone should have made it difficult to get close to the shooter without the equivalent of a "flashbang effect" (ringing ears, blindess, head pain), let alone the lead ... ;)

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    The sound of the guns alone should have made it difficult to get close to the shooter without the equivalent of a "flashbang effect" (ringing ears, blindess, head pain), let alone the lead ... ;)

Noise and chaos would actually be favorable for one to get close enough to the shooter to get him to the ground. There are many immediate worries and dangers in this scenario. Ringing ears and headaches are not among the worries, dangers, and threat at hand.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am used to hearing about the guy, his weapons, and the carnage, but what I would like to know is IF there were any CCW permit holders in the audience? Were any of them carrying? How many left their weapons at home BECAUSE of the no gun signs posted on the property?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Probably just minutes. Someone here in this topic gave an idea that he was in the theater, left through the back door to prop it open, and get his stuff. He probably went and got his car.

Shouldn't that action set off an alarm worthy of some investigation?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I am used to hearing about the guy, his weapons, and the carnage, but what I would like to know is IF there were any CCW permit holders in the audience? Were any of them carrying? How many left their weapons at home BECAUSE of the no gun signs posted on the property?

I hope the news provides these answers and Simon takes responsibility for disarming citizens, and they get sued for it. The shooter came in the back door, so it goes to show you how good their policies work to keep guns out!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I cant believe that nobody fired at the gunman if they were carrying, but it's possible that some left their gun in the car or at home because of this "no gun sign" that for some reasons the killer ignored.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    As many of us believe, don't pay attention to no gun signs when it isn't a law. We are now justified more than ever. More of us show carry and train well to prepare

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I told the wife that I couldn't imagine a midnight showing around here without several weapons being in the audience.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    Again three teenage boys from the nearby BJJ training hall, or even a couple of high school football players, could have stopped this.

No one in the media is asking the obvious, why no fighting back? No bum rush? No grabbing his ankles? No blind side tackle?

One guy tried to block the door, one guy. The theatre was packed. This fight should have been within sexual range very quickly.

No one fought back. This should be very disturbing.

Are you positive no one fought back? According to reports there were active duty servicemen killed and injured in the incident. Could just random luck they were hit, but could be they were attempting to take the shooter down.

U.S. troops were among the casualties in the shooting rampage at the Colorado movie theater, including a sailor who was listed as unaccounted for, the Pentagon said Friday. The Defense Department released a statement that said one sailor was injured and another one, known to have been at the theater, was unaccounted for. Two airmen were wounded in the incident, it said.
    Source: Suspect told police he was 'the Joker' – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    CNN:

[Updated 1:38 p.m. ET] A National Rifle Association spokeswoman says a callous-seeming Twitter message Friday morning was posted by a staffer who hadn't heard about the shooting.

"Good morning, shooters. Happy Friday! Weekend plans?" read the tweet, from the pro-gun group's American Rifleman journal's account.

That has nothing to do with the story. They just included it to take a pot shot at gun owners. What a bunch of A-holes.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I told the wife that I couldn't imagine a midnight showing around here without several weapons being in the audience.

Do you think this guy knew that nobody would be armed with guns in the audience?
    Maybe he actually thought that people could be armed and it's why he had a bulltetproof vest on, maybe it was just part of the character like the gaz mask if he actually didn't use gaz.

:dunno:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    CNN:

[Updated 1:38 p.m. ET] A National Rifle Association spokeswoman says a callous-seeming Twitter message Friday morning was posted by a staffer who hadn't heard about the shooting.

"Good morning, shooters. Happy Friday! Weekend plans?" read the tweet, from the pro-gun group's American Rifleman journal's account.

That has nothing to do with the story. They just included it to take a pot shot at gun owners. What a bunch of A-holes.

I know, CNN just love to take things out of context

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It appears to me that the shooter was completely delusional. He captured the violence of the Joker well, like in the last Batman movie. Throwing gas, mass murder, inspiring fear, and most of all CHAOS. That was the theme of the last movie right? It sounds like something the Joker would do, so I think this guy thought he would inspire chaos everywhere, like in the last Batman movie... sad.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It appears to me that the shooter was completely delusional. He captured the violence of the Joker well, like in the last Batman movie. Throwing gas, mass murder, inspiring fear, and most of all CHAOS. That was the theme of the last movie right? It sounds like something the Joker would do, so I think this guy thought he would inspire chaos everywhere, like in the last Batman movie... sad.

There are reports out now that he had painted his hair red and told the police that "I am the Joker" when apprehended. I think that you will find a very disturbed man when all of this is said and done.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    "Could an Armed Person Have Stopped the Aurora Shooting? A Second Opinion"

Good article from Slate Magazine, interview with firearms safety instructor:

Could an Armed Person Have Stopped the Aurora Shooting? A Second Opinion.

Quote from the end of the article:

"Again, though -- the theater was a gun-free zone. 'That's where the chickens go,' said Block. 'They go to where people are unarmed.' The shooter made a series of smart tactical decisions that minimized the risk of anyone stopping him.'"

Top Bottom