• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    So I am curious what people are thinking, if you could only buy one which one would you choose: AR7, Papoose, or 10/22 Take Down? For me personally, I am leaning more towards 10/22 because I can become more familiar/comfortable with one gun. Also, I would only have to buy accessories and magazines for the 10/22. Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on this.

The AR7 is still the most compact and is tops for "pack and forget" Mine is reliable and has satisfactory accuracy at 50 yards.

Papoose versus 10/22 TD, the Ruger wins on shootability feel and especially magazine, both standard flush fit 10 round versus 8 round straight mag. BX 25s even better. I don't remember the specs but the Papoose is probably a little lighter. The Ruger is about $100 more than the Marlin but the case is far superior.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I currently have a papoose and a 10-22 with the folding stock. There's nothing that can be taken away from either. I do have to debate with myself if I should keep the papoose or trade it against the 10-22 Td. I like both but don't need that many 22lr's around the house. If I didn't already have a 10-22 I'd keep the papoose, but since there's an incentive to combine mags & parts the 10-22td makes sense for me.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Never enough .22's

You can never have enough .22's in the house. When I pick up my 10/22TD I will have over 30 firearms that use the same mag. Semi-auto, bolt, lever and pistol There is never enough .22's

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Wow, that is impressive! Looks like I need to get some bucks around to latch onto one of those when I see it at the gun store. The ONLY thing I don't like about the newer 10/22's is the polymer trigger housing! It sucks compaired to the older metal ones. I took one of my newer 10/22's shooting last week and as expected, it shoots as great as the older ones do, but tearing it down to clean, you have to make sure you don't start losing the retainer pins that hold the parts and pieces together. Be careful cleaning the trigger housing on the plastic ones!

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Is there any place in indy besides bradis that has these in stock as I would really like to take a look at one? I cant get to bradis as kentucky ave is not bike friendly.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Is there any place in indy besides bradis that has these in stock as I would really like to take a look at one? I cant get to bradis as kentucky ave is not bike friendly.

PSS had them in stock, but it's hit or miss when they'll get them back in. They were selling them for $289, which is right in line with the $255 dealer pricing.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I just bought one of these today! I love it already. Very accurate, comes with a rail, the bag is very nice and its the lightest rifle I have ever had.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I saw Bob at PSS sell 2 as soon as they were opened up from UPS and he told me he sold the other 3 he got a couple days before in 10 minutes. He's not marking the price up like some people are doing so I give him credit for that too! :yesway:

rn7554

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just bought one of these today! I love it already. Very accurate, comes with a rail, the bag is very nice and its the lightest rifle I have ever had.
    same here, I bought one yesterday and took it to range today, it's one of the most accurate rifle I've ever shot right out of box.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I saw Bob at PSS sell 2 as soon as they were opened up from UPS and he told me he sold the other 3 he got a couple days before in 10 minutes. He's not marking the price up like some people are doing so I give him credit for that too! :yesway:

That's the great thing about PSS. Bob is an honest man from what I can tell and he only marks his guns up 10%. Cheapest place that I've seen on a lot of stuff, but back to the regularly scheduled programming.

I like the idea, but not sure I would want one. The gap in the stock kills it for me.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    That's the great thing about PSS. Bob is an honest man from what I can tell and he only marks his guns up 10%. Cheapest place that I've seen on a lot of stuff, but back to the regularly scheduled programming.

I like the idea, but not sure I would want one. The gap in the stock kills it for me.
    what gap :dunno:

I also got one on monday from beech grove firearms

049faf49.jpg

1ad98f5a.jpg

Top Bottom