• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    So I went to star bank on markland ave. in kokomo as usual as it is where my business account is and is right down the road from where I work.

This bank was robbed on Dec. 28th Three Kokomo banks robbed in one week.

I am at this bank several times a week and have never had any problems before yesterday when the teller said last time I was in I freaked some people out because I had a gun and said if I don't mind could I leave my gun in my car. I said actually I DO mind and I will be banking somewhere else.

Easy enough right? So I get to work today to find that Sgt. Bruce Rood stopped in looking for me shortly before I arrived wanting to talk to me about star bank. He left a card and said he would stop back in today.

So here I am sitting at work waiting.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    You did nothing wrong except not closing your accounts right then and there. He will probably tell you they dont want you to come back and issue a trespass warning or something silly. So go theough the drive through and pull all your money out then find a GOOD credit union.
    Good job stansing up for your rights though. If they wanted you removed they should.have immediately called police and not dealt with you. They do have the right to aak you to leave though and if you refuse you can be arrested for trespassing but they failed to to their part. If he is a decent officer he will say he has to follpw up on a complaint by them. If he is a d!@k officer he may try to strong arm you.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Is it posted that you cant carry at this bank? Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to carry in financial institutions. You did nothing wrong.

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Do you have an account there? I'm guessing you do, contractual interest....

Not for long I don't.

When he gets there, tell him to go away.

I will him we have a no gun policy and he will need to secure his weapon in his car before he can be taken seriously :D

You did nothing wrong except not closing your accounts right then and there. He will probably tell you they dont want you to come back and issue a trespass warning or something silly. So go theough the drive through and pull all your money out then find a GOOD credit union.
    Good job stansing up for your rights though. If they wanted you removed they should.have immediately called police and not dealt with you. They do have the right to aak you to leave though and if you refuse you can be arrested for trespassing but they failed to to their part. If he is a decent officer he will say he has to follpw up on a complaint by them. If he is a d!@k officer he may try to strong arm you.

Hopefully he is just doing his job and I don't get jackbooted lol
    But I will NOT be pushed around, especially here at my place of work.

Is it posted that you cant carry at this bank? Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to carry in financial institutions. You did nothing wrong.
    It is not posted.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

Going through the drive through would still be trespassing. Personally, I'd tell the officer I have nothing to say and my company isn't paying me to talk to him so he'll have to find another time to annoy me.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Better yet, ask him if it would be considered a consensual encounter. If he says yes, turn around and walk away.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    If you're not wearing it at work (I do) I would 1st refuse to show him your license to carry.

I'd also only identity myself via name and address, no drivers license as you are not driving!

Tell him you'd like to see the official written out complaint against you or at least tell you the EXACT law that you are accused of breaking.

If you don't want to do what I suggest......I'd also agree with the above...."GET BENT"!

Keep us informed!

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    If you're not wearing it at work (I do) I would 1st refuse to show him your license to carry.

I'd also only identity myself via name and address, no drivers license as you are not driving!

Tell him you'd like to see the official written out complaint against you or at least tell you the EXACT law that you are accused of breaking.

If you don't want to do what I suggest......I'd also agree with the above...."GET BENT"!

Keep us informed!

It doesn't say you have to be carrying at the moment, to be carded for your license to carry. But it doesn't say you have to have it on you at all either.
    It's not really that cut and dry. The officer can be a jerk about it, and so could the OP.
    He is probably just checking up on a complaint, doing his job.
    OP can decide to talk, or not.
    I would not wait at work for him to arrive. If he wants to talk, he can catch the OP at a better time.

Top Bottom