• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I survived, he just wanted to tell me how its dangerous to OC like John Wayne and I am making myself a target.

He couldn't understand why I would go to another bank and said they way things are that all banks would be like that soon. I replied good thing I have so many to choose from!

He then asked how my mother would feel if she saw a man with a gun at a bank, I simply smiled and said you don't my mom.

So other than my wasted time arguing about OC vs. CC it was all good. No ID of any kind was requested and he did not attempt to disarm me, just mentioned that if I go back OC'ing he would write to he ISP recommending my LTCH or as he said "permit" be suspended.

THAT sounds like the bank has tresspassed you, did that happen???
    Why, if you are full allowed by law would he give such a warning???

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    We do all our business with STAR and have had nothing but great dealings with them!

I wouldn't give up on a great bank because of one teller. Go up the chain and talk to an officer or board member that matters and discuss the issue with him/her.

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    We do all our business with STAR and have had nothing but great dealings with them!

I wouldn't give up on a great bank because of one teller. Go up the chain and talk to an officer or board member that matters and discuss the issue with him/her.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

THEN... if you still don't get the result you are looking for... stop doing business with them.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Maybe the LEO should read the KOKOMO POLICE DEPARTMENT FAQ concerning handguns. It states right there that it's not required to conceal. Who would have guessed!

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    If that was the bank I went to I would meet (un armed or deep CC) with the branch manager and let them know you are well within the law and that's how it's going to be.
    See what they say.
    If you don't like the answer, THEY HAVE BOSSES as well.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I would GO TO the PD dept and report the cop for intimidation, file a formal report with a commanding officer.

I would then go to the bank and state my grievence. If I wasn't 100% satisfied with their response I would cancel all of my accounts immediately on the spot.

I would then let my dog poop on their lawn. (I don't have a dog, but it would be a good idea)

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I would talk to the bank as well... they could have opened themselves to a giant lawsuit. They may have filed a complaint... however you were not committing a criminal act. Therefore the bank has violated privacy policy in releasing your personal information when technically since you weren't involved in criminal activity they are not allowed to do.

I'd be calling a lawyer right now and stop talking about what happened. Hope you recorded the encounter.

I work in the insurance industry so we have similar rules we have to follow that a bank does. I don't release my customer's information to anyone unless I have a subpoena or a warrant.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How did this officer know where you work??

File a complaint, intimidation. You were legal, therefore he can't threaten.

If bank asks you to leave, you must, or its tresspassing. Courts already ruled on it. Having an account does not give you contractual interest.

OC being legal is also on ISP's FAQs. So why would they care?

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Why would you not get a name and badge #? I am assuming that you did....Intimidation by coming to your workplace should be answered by showing up at his..

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was reading a thread on Indiana gun owners about a guy who open carried a firearm into a bank. This person was licensed by the state of Indiana, and nothing that he was doing was illegal. However, Sergeant Rood went to his place of work, expressed his opinion on open carry versus concealed carry, and then threatened to have the person's license revoked if he open carried again.

A few things bother me about this. First, how did Sergeant Rood know where this gentleman worked? Second, is it standard procedure for the Kokomo police officers to let their opinion take precedence over the law? Third, is it standard procedure to threaten to revoke the license of an individual, who has done nothing illegal, if they continue to engage in a legal act?

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Top Bottom