• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is like a gift. Being told "Alright, you've got 20 minutes to prepare for a cop to come talk to you about OC."

I would love this. Having time to prepare everything you're going to say, knowing 100% you're in the right from the beginning.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    It doesn't say you have to be carrying at the moment, to be carded for your license to carry. But it doesn't say you have to have it on you at all either.
    It's not really that cut and dry. The officer can be a jerk about it, and so could the OP.
    He is probably just checking up on a complaint, doing his job.
    OP can decide to talk, or not.
    I would not wait at work for him to arrive. If he wants to talk, he can catch the OP at a better time.

You're kidding right? In order for a police officer to have any reason to ask for LTCH, they have to suspect you're carrying a firearm.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You're kidding right? In order for a police officer to have any reason to ask for LTCH, they have to suspect you're carrying a firearm.

Of course not.

By the way, do you happen to have your NAMBLA card on you? I demand you show it to me, just, because I asked.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Are you wearing pink panties? I demand you show me.

I take it back, he can ask all he wants. If you aren't carrying, he has no authority behind the request.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    This was overruled...

Negative ghost rider the pattern is full. You cannot tresspass someone with a valid contractual interest. I.E. Money in a bank, lease with apt complex.

IC 35-43-2-2
    Criminal trespass; denial of entry; permission to enter; exceptions
    **** Sec. 2. (a) A person who:
    ********(1) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly or intentionally enters the real property of another person after having been denied entry by the other person or that person's agent;

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Negative ghost rider the pattern is full. You cannot tresspass someone with a valid contractual interest. I.E. Money in a bank, lease with apt complex.

IC 35-43-2-2
    ********(1) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly or intentionally enters the real property of another person after having been denied entry by the other person or that person's agent;

You absolutely sure about that?

The Indiana Law Blog: Ind. Decisions - Supreme Court decides one today

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    My guess is this is just a follow up from a complaint from the bank.

Just like a welfare check, they will go, just to look you in the eye and ask if you have a problem with the bank, you will say, they are dumb asks, he will say cool, and be on his way.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana

IC 35-43-2-2

A bank account does not equal contractual interest in the property.. A bank account is a financial obligation of the bank.
    A account at a credit union has yet to be tested in court, since a CU account gives you some ownership in the credit union.

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    I survived, he just wanted to tell me how its dangerous to OC like John Wayne and I am making myself a target.

He couldn't understand why I would go to another bank and said they way things are that all banks would be like that soon. I replied good thing I have so many to choose from!

He then asked how my mother would feel if she saw a man with a gun at a bank, I simply smiled and said you don't my mom.

So other than my wasted time arguing about OC vs. CC it was all good. No ID of any kind was requested and he did not attempt to disarm me, just mentioned that if I go back OC'ing he would write to he ISP recommending my LTCH or as he said "permit" be suspended.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I survived, he just wanted to tell me how its dangerous to OC like John Wayne and I am making myself a target.

He couldn't understand why I would go to another bank and said they way things are that all banks would be like that soon. I replied good thing I have so many to choose from!

He then asked how my mother would feel if she saw a man with a gun at a bank, I simply smiled and said you don't my mom.

So other than my wasted time arguing about OC vs. CC it was all good. No ID of any kind was requested and he did not attempt to disarm me, just mentioned that if I go back OC'ing he would write to he ISP recommending my LTCH or as he said "permit" be suspended.

WOW!

I would have had a very hard time with that dude. He will get my Larry revoked for a legal activity? Sheesh!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

Did you recommend that he get his pen ready?

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Did you recommend that he get his pen ready?

I did ask where he got his "first guy to be targeted" facts, he said the NRA, I said no such stats out there.

He did mention of funfact of 32 people per day applying for LTCH in Howard county.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Should have recommended/DEMANDED that he remove his badge next time he comes in due to your being frightened by bright shiny objects.

WAD! Oh well, I wanted to send Kokomo PD an email today anyway!

Kokomo Police Department

100 South Union Street
    Kokomo, Indiana

Email: police@cityofkokomo.org
    Located at the corner of Sycamore and
    Union Streets, downtown Kokomo

Administrative Office Hours:
    8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Emergency calls:

Non-Emergency Calls:
    If you need an officer, a VIN check, or need to report an incident: 765.459.5101.

If you need an accident or incident report or have questions concerning gun permits, call the Records Division (shown below).
    Records Division (765) 456.7107

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Agreed, I would go over his head and ask if it's standard procedure to threaten people who are acting lawfully.

Top Bottom