• Status
    Not open for further replies.

YukYuPhat

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    Hamilton Town Center ???? On the rare occasion I cave and the wife drags me over there I OC, never had an issue....

I beleive the issue is that he had a long gun, wearing some sort of mask. So he was not just OCing, he was:" OMG HE IS CARRYING A BIG SCARY I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS GUN AND HE IS GOING TO SHOOT SOMEONE FOR SURE! PLEASE HELP ME MR. NICE POLICE MAN WHO IS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR MY SAFETY AND IF I GET SHOT WITHOUT LOOKING OUT FOR MYSELF I CAN SUE THE COPS, MALL AND EVEN GOD HIMSELF TO MAKE MY MILLIONS!"

:crying:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wow, talk about haters. It is even funnier when you obviously didn't read the thread before posting. He was in line at an outside mall at the Gamestop. He had a mask on because people that line up for zero day release of some video games do that sort of thing. So as part of his costume he had a sidearm and long gun. This is one of those war games so what he did was in keeping with the theme of that game. Sheesh, didn't any of you ever go to watch one of the Star Wars or LOTR movies on opening day.

cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    i would have loved to been there & seen the whole thing play out. but sadly most mall's don't allow oc, of course it usually isn't posted anywhere.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    A little off topic but I am not thrilled with Simon Properties, I heard on Squawk Box they decided to stop paying on some of their loans. Not because they were hurting, just trying to force their banks to re-negotiate their loans. How would they like it if their tennants decided to do this to them?

I understand that bad things happen to good people, this however is a different story.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I didn't call anyone names. I just said carrying a long gun, while wearing a mask, is beyond stupid. I have no problem with anyone OCing, I'll even do it sometimes.

But carrying a rifle, while wearing a mask, is very stupid. There are better ways to than this to defend your rights.

Oh wait, he was just celebrating the release of a video game.
    This just makes it all better. :rolleyes:

+1 and reps to you.

TS is giving gun owners a bad name and is just out to get attention and stir the puddin. We don't need your kind running around like a mall ninja. You sir will not gain any converts that way.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Carrying and enjoying our Constitutional rights still requires some common sense. While OP meant no harm, masks and firearms in public are not a good combination.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    By the way, I believe the Panera Bread at German Church / Washington is OC friendly. Seen several carry there. Never done it myself though.

Yes, this is the retail area closest to my home, so I've carried in Panera, Wal-Mart (how couldn't you in that freak show), Sam's, Meijer, etc. all around there.

Rep to you for noting the firearms friendly spots!:yesway:

H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    I cc in simon malls. I understand it's private property, I respect the rights of all property owners. Just not the no gun rule they have. Why? It's simple a person in there home can control who comes and goes for the most part. They decide who to invite in for social or family functions.
    The mall isn't able to do this, there's no way for the Andy & Barney on there scooter mobiles to check each person, nor would this be good buissnes for Mr. Simon.
    Point is that Criminals don't follow laws. There have been plenty of robberies etc. in & around malls.
    I'd rather be armed and prepared to defend myself,family and innocent people. Than have to face down a armed nut with a bag full of shoes my wife just bought.

A little personnel HX. I was stationed at Ft.Hood tx when that nut drove his pickup truck into the Lubey's Cafeterra and started shooting. Many of those victems were airlifted by our Dustoffs to the Ft.Hood Hospital. One thing that always stays in my mind is what many of the victems and survivors told reporters,police,etc.
    My gun was 30yrds away locked in my car, he reloaded If only I'd had it on me. At this time Texas was an OC only and many people didn't. After this the law inTexas changed to allow CC.

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    I cc in simon malls. I understand it's private property, I respect the rights of all property owners. Just not the no gun rule they have. Why? It's simple a person in there home can control who comes and goes for the most part. They decide who to invite in for social or family functions.
    The mall isn't able to do this, there's no way for the Andy & Barney on there scooter mobiles to check each person, nor would this be good buissnes for Mr. Simon.
    Point is that Criminals don't follow laws. There have been plenty of robberies etc. in & around malls.
    I'd rather be armed and prepared to defend myself,family and innocent people. Than have to face down a armed nut with a bag full of shoes my wife just bought.

A little personnel HX. I was stationed at Ft.Hood tx when that nut drove his pickup truck into the Lubey's Cafeterra and started shooting. Many of those victems were airlifted by our Dustoffs to the Ft.Hood Hospital. One thing that always stays in my mind is what many of the victems and survivors told reporters,police,etc.
    My gun was 30yrds away locked in my car, he reloaded If only I'd had it on me. At this time Texas was an OC only and many people didn't. After this the law inTexas changed to allow CC.

I believe Texas is currently CC only but they are petitioning to get OC. I could be wrong.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Sheesh, didn't any of you ever go to watch one of the Star Wars or LOTR movies on opening day.

Yes, but I didn't dress up like an Elf or Orc with a bow and arrow. Video could be considered NSFW in some places.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zWNJHS9PBE]YouTube - Triumph the Dog @ Star Wars Attack of the Clones Premiere in NYC![/ame]

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Wow, talk about haters. It is even funnier when you obviously didn't read the thread before posting. He was in line at an outside mall at the Gamestop. He had a mask on because people that line up for zero day release of some video games do that sort of thing. So as part of his costume he had a sidearm and long gun. This is one of those war games so what he did was in keeping with the theme of that game. Sheesh, didn't any of you ever go to watch one of the Star Wars or LOTR movies on opening day.

I understand what your trying to say. BUT, and this is how I think. Carrying a gun, being a handgun, rifle, shotgun, CC, OC, is a very serious thing. Not something to have fun with. So I really don't think somebody "dress" like a Wookie like your saying.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Texas is CC only and has been that way for almost ten years. I always thought it was odd when I lived there because cowboys OC'd cellphones and not pistolas.

Cru, where are the pics!?!?

Did you go as Soap?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom