• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    additionally it is my right to carry a gun at work (legally) but it is their right to fire me if they know I have it because it violates a policy...your rights should not infringe on the rights of others...its because of people like this that we have gun laws...bad form

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    My thoughts exactly...We need to be considerate of those people who are afraid of guns..They do not understand and it scares them..I have yet to exert my right to open carry...it invites trouble...it is not wise...It is controversial...you showed bad judgement wearing a mask with a long gun...They have the right to tell you not to carry a weapon on their property...we need to be a diplomat and ambassador for our right to carry....bad form on our part will hurt the cause for those who live in new york and chicago and other places that are not allowed to carry....I would encourage everyone to be respectful of others

Well, this should go over well.

Can you talk to the people that beg for money on the street corner? They make me feel uncomfortable when I am with my family.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    additionally it is my right to carry a gun at work (legally) but it is their right to fire me if they know I have it because it violates a policy...your rights should not infringe on the rights of others...its because of people like this that we have gun laws...bad form

How can you violate someones rights are you a police officer?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Then buy a mall if you got a extra 40 million

LOL you guys are funny.

For the RECORD:

I discussed this with the Gamestop Management BEFORE the event... it was a midnight release for a Call of Duty game, and they thought it was cool. The people that were there found it interesting. It was ONLY when I had to go OUTSIDE that the mall security had an issue.

I'm not mad at mall security, they are doing their job, and that's fine. I think Simon's no firearms on property is dumb.

I think the Gamestop MGR. is awesome for knowing the laws and being into it.

If you guys think this was some sort of OC movement, you are wrong. You can think it's dumb if you want too, and I'm ok with that.

I stand by my +1 to gamestop and -1 to simon malls. Mall security get's a +/- 0.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    IMO the right to life trumps all other rights, when a property owner removes my self defense weapon then they agree to protect my life above their own.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    gamestop does not own the mall...they are a tenant I am assuming ....they do not have the authority to make that decision if they are a tenant

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    gamestop does not own the mall...they are a tenant I am assuming ....they do not have the authority to make that decision if they are a tenant

So if you rent an apartment you can't decide if you want a gun in your place, the owner gets to, how about in a house with a mortgage, bank really owns the house can they say weather you can have a gun on the property

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    you are not logical in your approach to the situation monkey...I have the right to tell you what you can or cannot have on my property....Do you think it would be ok to land a helicopter on the mall too....Do you take your bazooka to starbucks...what about hand grenades ..are they off the table? You need to take a course in business law because you have no idea what you are talking about and it seems your daily decisions are plagued with bad judgement

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    I am a real estate professional /appraiser with ten years of mortgage lending and real estate experience...I have taken many courses in law (both civil and criminal) I understand contract law and rights of realty better than you ever will ...your buddies that think like you may agree but you are way off base if you think you have the right to carry a rifle at a mall...Do it...
    you are not logical in your approach to the situation monkey...I have the right to tell you what you can or cannot have on my property....Do you think it would be ok to land a helicopter on the mall too....Do you take your bazooka to starbucks...what about hand grenades ..are they off the table? You need to take a course in business law because you have no idea what you are talking about and it seems your daily decisions are plagued with bad judgement

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

Please dont lecture me when you dont know the difference between your rights and laws.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom