• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Carrying and enjoying our Constitutional rights still requires some common sense. While OP meant no harm, masks and firearms in public are not a good combination.

Imagine what happens next time when an over-zealous concealed pistol carrier walks around the corner to see a masked man :mallninja: carrying a rifle:smileak:. He draws:draw: and now all of a sudden you're staring down the barrel of a gun with a very jittery person on the other end, or there's bullets coming your way:ar15:since the over-zealous newbie decided he would be a hero and prevent a mass shooting.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    LOL you guys are funny.

For the RECORD:

I discussed this with the Gamestop Management BEFORE the event... it was a midnight release for a Call of Duty game, and they thought it was cool. The people that were there found it interesting. It was ONLY when I had to go OUTSIDE that the mall security had an issue.

I'm not mad at mall security, they are doing their job, and that's fine. I think Simon's no firearms on property is dumb.

I think the Gamestop MGR. is awesome for knowing the laws and being into it.

If you guys think this was some sort of OC movement, you are wrong. You can think it's dumb if you want too, and I'm ok with that.

I stand by my +1 to gamestop and -1 to simon malls. Mall security get's a +/- 0.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Imagine what happens next time when an over-zealous concealed pistol carrier walks around the corner to see a masked man :mallninja: carrying a rifle:smileak:. He draws:draw: and now all of a sudden you're staring down the barrel of a gun with a very jittery person on the other end, or there's bullets coming your way:ar15:since the over-zealous newbie decided he would be a hero and prevent a mass shooting.

Wow. So let me get this right. If you see a line of people waiting for a video game. Many of the people are dressed in outfits. One of them has a rifle slung to his back. You are thinking about opening fire on him... maybe you should leave your sidearm at home dude...

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    LOL you guys are funny.

For the RECORD:

I discussed this with the Gamestop Management BEFORE the event... it was a midnight release for a Call of Duty game, and they thought it was cool. The people that were there found it interesting. It was ONLY when I had to go OUTSIDE that the mall security had an issue.

I'm not mad at mall security, they are doing their job, and that's fine. I think Simon's no firearms on property is dumb.

If you guys think this was some sort of OC movement, you are wrong. You can think it's dumb if you want too, and I'm ok with that.

I stand by my +1 to gamestop and -1 to simon malls. Mall security get's a +/- 0.
    This should have been stated in post 1, that's all I'm sayin'.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Sorry for that, was posting from my phone, it was hard to edit.

Apologies there.

Then I was playing on my xbox all night.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    LOL you guys are funny.

For the RECORD:

Cru - My comment about using common sense wasn't intended to say you didn't. My point just being that not everyone thinks or reacts the same to firearms and masks. Given the context in which you were doing this, probably not as much of an issue. Kudos for checking first with Gamestop manager. Had this been a stand alone store, there probably wouldn't have been an issue. (I wouldn't suggest trying this at City Market.)

As others have pointed out, Simon has the law on their side in this. It is their property and they set policy. The guard asking you to put the weapons in your car was the right approach IMO. Bottom line, while not the fun trip to get your copy of Black Ops that you expected, it turned out OK.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Cru - My comment about using common sense wasn't intended to say you didn't. My point just being that not everyone thinks or reacts the same to firearms and masks. Given the context in which you were doing this, probably not as much of an issue. Kudos for checking first with Gamestop manager. Had this been a stand alone store, there probably wouldn't have been an issue. (I wouldn't suggest trying this at City Market.)

As others have pointed out, Simon has the law on their side in this. It is their property and they set policy. The guard asking you to put the weapons in your car was the right approach IMO. Bottom line, while not the fun trip to get your copy of Black Ops that you expected, it turned out OK.

:yesway:

I have no issues with anyone (other than Simon Properties.)

I actually DID get to have some good conversation with people young and old before I had to change apparel. I'm sure I'm on SOMEBODY's facebook this morning because several younger people wanted pictures... so that was funny.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Wow. So let me get this right. If you see a line of people waiting for a video game. Many of the people are dressed in outfits. One of them has a rifle slung to his back. You are thinking about opening fire on him... maybe you should leave your sidearm at home dude...

No, you didn't get it right. :noway:

Try reading my post, I never said that "I " would do that...but if you're trying to be cute by asserting that than I cannot help your condition.

With mass shootings in the news, it isn't very smart to be running around dressing like a BG. Most of the people walking by would have no idea that there is some COD game release party going on. Common sense anyone?

Right or wrong, many people would assume the worst.

Right or wrong, many people would feel threatened(hence my post).

Right or wrong, many people would feel scared, which helps slam the brakes on the 2A movement.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No, you didn't get it right. :noway:

Try reading my post, I never said that "I " would do that...but if you're trying to be cute by asserting that than I cannot help your condition.

youngda when i read your post I also took it that "you" were saying "you" would do the shooting as well. Re-reading your post I see that is not the case so that s at least 2 different readers that mis-read your post and/or read ino it by the tone of the writting.

With mass shootings in the news, it isn't very smart to be running around dressing like a BG. Most of the people walking by would have no idea that there is some COD game release party going on. Common sense anyone?

Right or wrong, many people would assume the worst.

Right or wrong, many people would feel threatened(hence my post).

Right or wrong, many people would feel scared, which helps slam the brakes on the 2A movement.

The OP failed to provide the "background" to the story in the first post and it's not until later taht we get it. I'm not sure if you have ever gone to a "day 0" event (ie. Waiting in line 1 or more DAYS before the release of a new video game/movie). The releases are typically done at MIDNIGHT which is the earliest time the store can sell the game/movie.

On DAY 0 @ midnight the only peope lining up to get the item are the die-hard gamers/movie fans. You are NOT going to have a soccer mom, Joe public at these events! They may come later during normal biz house but not at DAY 0 time. So it is VERY COMMON to see those lined up to be in full gear for whatever the event is.

Now had the OP done this during normal biz hours yeah it would have caused more of a stir and freaked the masses.

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    The final 2010 MEET & SHOOT will be on 14 NOV 2010
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...v_2010_-_last_1_for_2010_a-3.html#post1416301

Appleseed for NWI
    2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    youngda when i read your post I also took it that "you" were saying "you" would do the shooting as well. Re-reading your post I see that is not the case so that s at least 2 different readers that mis-read your post and/or read ino it by the tone of the writting.

Well then there is more than one of you that needs to slow down and work on the reading comprehension before typing. It is quite clear what I wrote, trying to blame your mis-understanding on me is laughable.

The OP failed to provide the "background" to the story in the first post and it's not until later taht we get it. I'm not sure if you have ever gone to a "day 0" event (ie. Waiting in line 1 or more DAYS before the release of a new video game/movie). The releases are typically done at MIDNIGHT which is the earliest time the store can sell the game/movie.
    I do understand what it's all about...people who stand around the become the first to get the latest gadget and then run home to play with it all night, as is the case here. I have not been to one of these events. I am patient to wait for the crowd to clear, the bugs to be worked out, and the prices to come down. I don't have the time to play video games all night as I did when I was in college.

There is no up-side to what the OP did except to garner himself attention from the people in line, from mall security, and from the INGO community(and to whomever else he tells his tale). That was his goal and he succeeded, bravo.

His stunt was self serving. It could have been a very bad thing to do, and maybe it was for some people standing in line, but they won't be posting about it here on a gun forum so we'll never truly know the effects.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    While you have every legal right to carry there, you almost have to expect some negative attention by doing so.

Something tells me if I throw my 15-22 over my shoulder and walk around downtown Ft Wayne today or through the mall, I may get a lot of looks and most certainly some calls to the police.

Just because you have the legal right to do something, doesn't mean its always a good idea. At least if you want an uneventful day that is.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Well then there is more than one of you that needs to slow down and work on the reading comprehension before typing. It is quite clear what I wrote, trying to blame your mis-understanding on me is laughable.

I do understand what it's all about...people who stand around the become the first to get the latest gadget and then run home to play with it all night, as is the case here. I have not been to one of these events. I am patient to wait for the crowd to clear, the bugs to be worked out, and the prices to come down. I don't have the time to play video games all night as I did when I was in college.

There is no up-side to what the OP did except to garner himself attention from the people in line, from mall security, and from the INGO community(and to whomever else he tells his tale). That was his goal and he succeeded, bravo.

His stunt was self serving. It could have been a very bad thing to do, and maybe it was for some people standing in line, but they won't be posting about it here on a gun forum so we'll never truly know the effects.

Look, I understand you don't agree with it, and that's fine.

Not everything I do a gun related protest. As I stated earlier I verified it WITH THE STORE MGR. I am NOT surprised the mall security was uncomfortable with it. Just because YOU don't think going to game releases are fun, don't assume we all don't. So if having a little fun is "self serving" than sure, I guess it was self serving.

Even though educating people about Indiana gun laws was NOT a goal of mine this time, I DID get to have some great conversations that were interested in the gun laws in this state. So I suppose I did to a tiny bit of "spreading the gospel" while I was out. As far as I'm concerned, that was just a bonus.

AND just to let you know, 99% of the people there assumed it was an Airsoft gun. And I did NOT correct them.

But anyway...

You are welcome to your opinion, and I won't call you names. :)

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Only one comment from me.

I love their mall cops (at least in lafayette). Exactly as seen in Paul Blart: Mall cop!!!

Helmet and Segway. It's laughable -- I walked right up behind one last week just to see if he'd notice me, and he kept gabbing with someone while I'm CC'ing less than two feet away. He didn't even have pepper spray.

Speaking of segways, how bout that missile off the coast of CA?

(Nice Segue? I think so! ;) )

stanicus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    :dunno: Private property, they set the rules. You either abide by them if you wish to use their property, or don't patronize anti-gunners. Simon Malls is hardly the only business with anti-gun policies. Heck, lots of gun stores are no different. Course, while I support OC quite strongly, I'm not sure what you expected going to a public (and notoriously anti-gun) place like a mall dressed like that. Gonna get noticed!

Now, I notice come CC'ers have chimed in with their usual name calling. I'm curious... do ya'll violate the express wishes of the property owners by carrying your guns concealed? Doesn't that seem kind of rude to violate the property owner's rights like that? Don't you respect their right to control their property? Up to you if you are going to slink around and and disrespect the property owners. It just seems to me it would be more honest to either obey the rules, or don't patronize the establishment. Seems to me that saying it's OK to cc on such properties is OK because they don't know it is kinda like saying it's ok to shoplift so long as they don't find out.

Are you seriously comparing standing up for your constitutional rights being violated with petty f'ing theft? Or are you just stirring the pot as usual? :popcorn:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Are you seriously comparing standing up for your constitutional rights being violated with petty f'ing theft? Or are you just stirring the pot as usual? :popcorn:

What Constitutional right are you talking about being violated? I wasn't aware the OP had anything to do with the government trying to tell a citizen he couldn't carry his gun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    My thoughts exactly...We need to be considerate of those people who are afraid of guns..They do not understand and it scares them..I have yet to exert my right to open carry...it invites trouble...it is not wise...It is controversial...you showed bad judgement wearing a mask with a long gun...They have the right to tell you not to carry a weapon on their property...we need to be a diplomat and ambassador for our right to carry....bad form on our part will hurt the cause for those who live in new york and chicago and other places that are not allowed to carry....I would encourage everyone to be respectful of others

:+1:
    for calling out the hypocrites on both sides of OC/CC. Too many demand their rights be respected, but won't respect others rights.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom