• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They didn't give many details but did show at least one video that had been posted to social media (Facebook) where they were making the threat. Showed a patrol car in the officer's driveway.
    That idiot seems like a good place to start.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That idiot seems like a good place to start.

Right?? Now if IMPD officers were driving around the 'hood, posting pictures of gangster houses and making threats I think everyone would agree that that would be unacceptable, but when the shoe is on the other foot? Not so much. Tell me who the racists are again?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks for the link doggy daddy. The story did mention the one videoing idiot. It also contains the words “… As officers learn how to protect themselves and their families. “. I think they have that part figured out, the whole serve and protect thing.

Yeah... serve "them" (criminals and their families) and protect their own families for doing so.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Seems to me, as an observer, that once bussing in students from Brightwood stopped - things are SLOWLY, and I do mean SLOWLY, turning around. But it's a tough slog.

A ) not that immigrants are the problem (They're not), but when you can't speak English - it's hard to do well in school. And B ) not all immigrant cultures have the same values regarding education. And the immigrant population in Perry Township has EXPLODED in recent years due to Federal relocation/aid/refugee programs.

Brightwood...

It along with Haughville, was the two places in Indianapolis delivering as RC Cola and Budweiser driver that bothered me, Brightwood area mostly. That area was ruthless. Delivering beer there was a mandatory 2nd or 3rd guy on the truck just to make sure beer cases didn't grow legs and walk away.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Speaking of threats, a case was presented to the Prosecutor for threats made and hizzoner decided it was protected by the 1st Amendment and won't file charges. And the threatener is a well known POS.

So that's protected by the 1st Amendment but "Looks like it's gonna be a closed casket homie" said only in the presence of a few other officers, without realizing he was being recorded isn't. Something doesn't sit right about that. :xmad:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Speaking of threats, a case was presented to the Prosecutor for threats made and hizzoner decided it was protected by the 1st Amendment and won't file charges. And the threatener is a well known POS.
    Maybe if Stinky Shoes had thugs videoing his family and threatening them on social media his view of protected speech would be a bit different.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    So that's protected by the 1st Amendment but "Looks like it's gonna be a closed casket homie" said only in the presence of a few other officers, without realizing he was being recorded isn't. Something doesn't sit right about that. :xmad:

I was told last night that the suspension and reassignment was for more than what was said. After hearing the explanation it is fair punishment. Unfortunately the other factors won't be released to the public so people believe (cops included) that he was punished solely for his words.

As far as threats go, people can talk all they want but better be able to back them up.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Political bull****. prosecutor doesn't want to be on the "wrong side" of the outrage.
    If he went after the POS he would have been "targeting" the "community".
    They tagged the officer for political reasons.

Negotiating with terrorists always works out so well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Maybe if Stinky Shoes had thugs videoing his family and threatening them on social media his view of protected speech would be a bit different.

Maybe Stinky Shoes should do one of his publicity stunt neighborhood walks. At night. In Brightwood. By himself. His eyes might be opened. (If they're not closed permanently.)

ETA: Okay, he can take the prosecutor with him too.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was told last night that the suspension and reassignment was for more than what was said. After hearing the explanation it is fair punishment. Unfortunately the other factors won't be released to the public so people believe (cops included) that he was punished solely for his words.

As far as threats go, people can talk all they want but better be able to back them up.

Fair enough. You would certainly be in a better position to know than we are. The optics sure suck though.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I don't think I'd view the reassignment he got as a punishment, but maybe he sees it differently. I might be bored there, but the schedule would be tough to beat.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't think I'd view the reassignment he got as a punishment, but maybe he sees it differently. I might be bored there, but the schedule would be tough to beat.

Lots of cops who get involuntarily transferred find that their new assignment beats their old one. Hell, sometimes the reason they got in trouble in their old assignment is that they were sick of it and needed a change. Being bored has its perks, especially if it comes with an unmarked car and a M-F schedule with banker's hours.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Fair enough. You would certainly be in a better position to know than we are. The optics sure suck though.

Yeah, the optics do suck. The people in cush Ivory Tower positions don't realize how immediate and significant of an effect their statements and actions have on the rank-and-file. A little explanation goes a long way.

Top Bottom