• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Waiting for the "local leaders" to come out against shooting at Police. (Holds breath, turns blue, passes out...)

[h=1]3 suspects in custody after shots fired at officer during chase on Indy’s northwest side[/h]
    INDIANAPOLIS — Three suspects are in police custody after shots were fired at an officer’s car during a chase on the northwest side of Indianapolis.

It started as a police pursuit in the 4000 block of Lafayette Road. An Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officer saw a car driving recklessly on Lafayette Road near I-65. The officer tried to pull the car over, but the car sped away.

IMPD says shots were fired from the suspect’s vehicle at the officer’s car, and it was hit by two rounds.

The car led officers to a neighborhood on 52nd Street near Lakeside Manor Boulevard.

There were three people in the car, and they all got out and tried to run away.

IMPD caught one suspect right away. They say he is a 17-year-old male. Officers caught the two other suspects a short time later with the help of two drones. IMPD had one drone, and Speedway police provided a second drone.

https://fox59.com/news/3-suspects-i...officer-during-chase-on-indys-northwest-side/

Color me surprised.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Waiting for the "local leaders" to come out against shooting at Police. (Holds breath, turns blue, passes out...)

3 suspects in custody after shots fired at officer during chase on Indy’s northwest side

INDIANAPOLIS — Three suspects are in police custody after shots were fired at an officer’s car during a chase on the northwest side of Indianapolis.

It started as a police pursuit in the 4000 block of Lafayette Road. An Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officer saw a car driving recklessly on Lafayette Road near I-65. The officer tried to pull the car over, but the car sped away.

IMPD says shots were fired from the suspect’s vehicle at the officer’s car, and it was hit by two rounds.

The car led officers to a neighborhood on 52nd Street near Lakeside Manor Boulevard.

There were three people in the car, and they all got out and tried to run away.

IMPD caught one suspect right away. They say he is a 17-year-old male. Officers caught the two other suspects a short time later with the help of two drones. IMPD had one drone, and Speedway police provided a second drone.

https://fox59.com/news/3-suspects-i...officer-during-chase-on-indys-northwest-side/

First thing I noticed, first line in the article:

Three suspects are in police custody after shots were fired at an officer’s car during a chase on the northwest side of Indianapolis.

"shots were fired" -- like the gun fired it self.

"at an officer's car" -- sure, it was at the car, and not the officer.

Nice way to use framing to remove responsibility from the three "juveniles" who shot at the police.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    First thing I noticed, first line in the article:

[/FONT]"shots were fired" -- like the gun fired it self.

"at an officer's car" -- sure, it was at the car, and not the officer.

Nice way to use framing to remove responsibility from the three "juveniles" who shot at the police.

I am just patiently waiting for this wild wild west attitude to end badly.....for many many of those who think that life style is OK to live. The longer we allow this to flourish and grow the worse it will be when the time comes and trust me it is coming.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I am just patiently waiting for this wild wild west attitude to end badly.....for many many of those who think that life style is OK to live. The longer we allow this to flourish and grow the worse it will be when the time comes and trust me it is coming.

I commend the officers who are still working to enforce the law, especially after the protests and media supported backlash. Unlike in Baltimore, where it appears many of the cops are cautiously doing only the minimum. However, this is Indiana, and NOT Maryland. Thankfully.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    How long will it be until shooting at police is declared a disease like drug addiction.
    Once that happens, the shooters won't be responsible for their actions and will need treatment and understanding rather than arrest and incarceration.
    We're already to the point that police are expected to find a way to defuse the violence while the suspects are shooting at them.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I commend the officers who are still working to enforce the law, especially after the protests and media supported backlash. Unlike in Baltimore, where it appears many of the cops are cautiously doing only the minimum. However, this is Indiana, and NOT Maryland. Thankfully.

On the other hand, parking under a shade tree and working a crossword puzzle while waiting for the next call for service is a fairly attractive alternative to actively trying to police a community that embraces the thug lifestyle. Especially when a significant portion of that community would dance on your grave. It all pays the same. A reasonable argument could be made that Maryland cops are not the dummies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    How long will it be until shooting at police is declared a disease like drug addiction.
    Once that happens, the shooters won't be responsible for their actions and will need treatment and understanding rather than arrest and incarceration.
    We're already to the point that police are expected to find a way to defuse the violence while the suspects are shooting at them.

They are not responsible as you have to understand the frustration and fear of the police they are living under, your privilege is showing.

How else are they going to relieve this frustration? I mean seriously.

I know you'll say driving recklessly risking others lives, then fleeing and risking more lives,
    then shooting at the police "car" that is wrongly pursuing them are a bad thing but try to walk a mile in their timberlands before you cast judgement.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    LOL

Officers recovered a handgun from the scene. The car being driven by the juveniles was reported stolen. One of the juveniles was taken to a local hospital with injuries that appear to have occurred when the vehicle fleeing from officers crashed. The other two juveniles were taken to the Juvenile Center.
    One of the suspects is charged with attempted murder and illegal possession of a handgun. The other two suspects are charged with resisting arrest.

Where are the stolen vehicle charges?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And this was 2:30 in the morning. I'm sure these young men were just making their way home after volunteering at a local soup kitchen......

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    If a vehicle has been stolen longer than 24 hours MCPO won't file Auto Theft unless the suspect is named in the report.

That's gotta be one of the shortest statutes of limitations I've ever heard of. :n00b:

Well, you gotta be sure that they weren't going to give it back before filing charges, right? You know, theft vs. conversion....

An attorney friend with an office on the far southside observed that his Indianapolis clients who got locked up for shoplifting at the Greenwood Park Mall were surprised to discover matters are handled a bit differently in Johnson County.

Starting with, usually, they didn't realize they were in another county.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If a vehicle has been stolen longer than 24 hours MCPO won't file Auto Theft unless the suspect is named in the report.

chop.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    JFC

If I were engaging in criminal activity Marion Co. seems like the perfect environment to set up shop.

Little risk and all reward.

Top Bottom