• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Lots of cops who get involuntarily transferred find that their new assignment beats their old one. Hell, sometimes the reason they got in trouble in their old assignment is that they were sick of it and needed a change. Being bored has its perks, especially if it comes with an unmarked car and a M-F schedule with banker's hours.

Lol, wut? I don't know of anyone that has knowingly done something to receive punishment and be involuntarily transferred. If you have any specific instances of that happening, feel free to PM me the name(s).

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A forced reassignment is definitely a punishment in my eyes.

"It's not punishment, it's a reassignment." I saw that a lot in my Air Force days. In one squadron if you disagreed with the wrong civilian you'd get banished to an aircraft maintenance support section. I was going to move to a coveted section in the squadron (the coveted section NCOIC wanted me there, current boss was in support of the move.) I disagreed with the wrong civilian (they were wrong, no kind of wrong, absolutely wrong) and got banished.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    "It's not punishment, it's a reassignment." I saw that a lot in my Air Force days. In one squadron if you disagreed with the wrong civilian you'd get banished to an aircraft maintenance support section. I was going to move to a coveted section in the squadron (the coveted section NCOIC wanted me there, current boss was in support of the move.) I disagreed with the wrong civilian (they were wrong, no kind of wrong, absolutely wrong) and got banished.

Huh, so civilians have a say in what goes on in the .mil too. Who knew? That's why I stay in patrol on late shift. I'm already punishing myself.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Reminds me of a great story my FiL told me. He spend his Vietnam war days in Greenland in the air force. One winter day a jackass with fancy gold pieces on his collar noticed something he wasnt doing wasnt by the book. Something that I dont recall but it was REALLY stupid. After getting a good dressing down by the brass, he pretty much replied "what are you going to do to me? Transfer me to Greenland? It doesnt get much worse than this." The officer laughed and told him to do better next time.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Lol, wut? I don't know of anyone that has knowingly done something to receive punishment and be involuntarily transferred. If you have any specific instances of that happening, feel free to PM me the name(s).

Why would I do that? Let's just say you don't know everything that goes on in your 1700+ member department. Not everything is "official." You should know that.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Why would I do that? Let's just say you don't know everything that goes on in your 1700+ member department. Not everything is "official." You should know that.
    You claim to have knowledge of a specific instance of someone purposely getting in trouble in order to be transferred. If you won't provide a specific name, I have to be skeptical. And I do know that, but I have a hard time believing someone would willingly do that.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    You claim to have knowledge of a specific instance of someone purposely getting in trouble in order to be transferred. If you won't provide a specific name, I have to be skeptical. And I do know that, but I have a hard time believing someone would willingly do that.

Having been the guy on both sides of this (on patrol and then in management), I don't think anyone with any sense would intentionally get in trouble to get reassigned. Once you're in trouble, there is NO PREDICTING what the outcome might be, let alone believing that a reassignment is likely.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So that’s what we call a “soft” move in the Army.

The one you don’t want is “relief for cause” it means you truly messed up.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

You misread me. I didn't mean that someone intentionally got into trouble just to get transferred. I meant that when you are stuck in an assignment that you hate, your job performance is going to suffer, and sometimes that results in you getting into trouble and transferred. On the surface, the officer may not want to be transferred. But when you start freely telling citizens to go **** themselves when they **** you off, you really aren't enjoying your job anymore.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Like when Pete Malloy threw the alleged child molester up against the wall?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I think he means they got in trouble because of burn out in that position causing an outburst or the like, not that they intentionally screwed up in the hopes of getting moved.

A forced reassignment is definitely a punishment in my eyes.

I suppose it's a matter of degrees, but that's at least two people I know who were kicked to that office as a punishment while others are actively seeking it as a reward. The guy who was next in line to go there because he applied to definitely feels like he's the one being punished instead. Not like he got kicked to East Middles or something.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You misread me. I didn't mean that someone intentionally got into trouble just to get transferred. I meant that when you are stuck in an assignment that you hate, your job performance is going to suffer, and sometimes that results in you getting into trouble and transferred. On the surface, the officer may not want to be transferred. But when you start freely telling citizens to go **** themselves when they **** you off, you really aren't enjoying your job anymore.

Yeah, I misread you. Thanks for clearing it up. I enjoy my job, but sometimes "go **** yourself" escapes my lips.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I think he means they got in trouble because of burn out in that position causing an outburst or the like, not that they intentionally screwed up in the hopes of getting moved.

I suppose it's a matter of degrees, but that's at least two people I know who were kicked to that office as a punishment while others are actively seeking it as a reward. The guy who was next in line to go there because he applied to definitely feels like he's the one being punished instead. Not like he got kicked to East Middles or something.

Yeah I know of one guy that got put in there as a punishment. He was on my shift before going inside. I'd put in for one of those much-desired jobs but there never seems to be posted openings for them.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yeah I know of one guy that got put in there as a punishment. He was on my shift before going inside. I'd put in for one of those much-desired jobs but there never seems to be posted openings for them.

Probably the same guy I'm thinking of. Late shift out of my old office, if so.

I did put in for one "inside job" since making sergeant. I was #2 on the list and am next up. I really ought to read the LT study material, though. Can't get motivated this time around for some reason.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Huh, so civilians have a say in what goes on in the .mil too. Who knew? That's why I stay in patrol on late shift. I'm already punishing myself.

Some places more than others. To be honest most of my experience with civilians (civil service) over the years was quite positive. The one squadron I was in had a lot of civilians who were left over from when it was a training base back in 70s. It was a tactical fighter wing with a serious mission when I was there, there was some serious adversarial relationships between the mil and the civvies.

I remember a couple aircraft maintenance senior NCOs who I met at the school were both assigned to Air Force Depots at the time. They both absolutely hated civilians. When you go from working around all military for years, to civilians who are pretty much a bunch of *******s, that can be a view you develop.

The best mentor I had when I entered my new career field in 1999 was a civilian. Granted he was a retired Master Sergeant. He was like a G.I., he just dressed differently than the rest of us and needed a haircut.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Probably the same guy I'm thinking of. Late shift out of my old office, if so.

I did put in for one "inside job" since making sergeant. I was #2 on the list and am next up. I really ought to read the LT study material, though. Can't get motivated this time around for some reason.

Yep, that's him. I haven't put in for any, but have been asked to take a couple. i enjoy patrol, mostly and there are very few "inside" jobs I would want to do. I need to start studying as well.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yep, that's him. I haven't put in for any, but have been asked to take a couple. i enjoy patrol, mostly and there are very few "inside" jobs I would want to do. I need to start studying as well.

Field sergeant has been the best job I've had on the dept. My wife doesn't agree, though.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Waiting for the "local leaders" to come out against shooting at Police. (Holds breath, turns blue, passes out...)

[h=1]3 suspects in custody after shots fired at officer during chase on Indy’s northwest side[/h]
    INDIANAPOLIS — Three suspects are in police custody after shots were fired at an officer’s car during a chase on the northwest side of Indianapolis.

It started as a police pursuit in the 4000 block of Lafayette Road. An Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officer saw a car driving recklessly on Lafayette Road near I-65. The officer tried to pull the car over, but the car sped away.

IMPD says shots were fired from the suspect’s vehicle at the officer’s car, and it was hit by two rounds.

The car led officers to a neighborhood on 52nd Street near Lakeside Manor Boulevard.

There were three people in the car, and they all got out and tried to run away.

IMPD caught one suspect right away. They say he is a 17-year-old male. Officers caught the two other suspects a short time later with the help of two drones. IMPD had one drone, and Speedway police provided a second drone.

https://fox59.com/news/3-suspects-i...officer-during-chase-on-indys-northwest-side/

Top Bottom