• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would give some credence to the clergy if they were publicly urging their congregants to refrain from illegally carrying firearms, to report known criminals to the police, and to testify against criminals in court.
    All these things would improve the neighborhoods and lower crime. Failing to do these things encourages criminal activity.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I would give some credence to the clergy if they were publicly urging their congregants to refrain from illegally carrying firearms, to report known criminals to the police, and to testify against criminals in court.
    All these things would improve the neighborhoods and lower crime. Failing to do these things encourages criminal activity.

The "community" is stuck in the "snitches get stitches" "**** the police" lifestyle by their own choice.
    It's just a sever lack of personal responsibility.
    "Somebody do something!" "No, not me, somebody else do something!"

I don't really know how they pull themselves out of it when it's so ingrained in the popular culture.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Mrs. MarkC and I lived in Perry Township between 2006 and 2014. The deterioration of the area was visible. We're glad to be out of Marion County.

When I moved to Indy in 2001, Perry Meridian was one of the tops in the state (iirc). Since then, it's been on a steady decline to one of the worst.

And trust me - it isn't the fault of the teachers and admin.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    When I moved to Indy in 2001, Perry Meridian was one of the tops in the state (iirc). Since then, it's been on a steady decline to one of the worst.

And trust me - it isn't the fault of the teachers and admin.

Although I didn't have kids in the Perry Township schools, they struck me as being well-run. Our next door neighbor was a single mom who was Dean of Girls at Arsenal, and she had a teenage daughter with special needs in a program at PMHS. The schools were doing super job with her.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The "community" is stuck in the "snitches get stitches" "**** the police" lifestyle by their own choice.
    It's just a sever lack of personal responsibility.
    "Somebody do something!" "No, not me, somebody else do something!"

I don't really know how they pull themselves out of it when it's so ingrained in the popular culture.

The "no snitching" rule only applies to major crimes like murder and robbery. But people will dime a MF out for anything less. It is comical, akshually.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    oops.jpg

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...ght-on-video-during-officer-involved-shooting

"The officer's identity is not being released, but IMPD say the officer involved is an African-American man."

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Although I didn't have kids in the Perry Township schools, they struck me as being well-run. Our next door neighbor was a single mom who was Dean of Girls at Arsenal, and she had a teenage daughter with special needs in a program at PMHS. The schools were doing super job with her.

Seems to me, as an observer, that once bussing in students from Brightwood stopped - things are SLOWLY, and I do mean SLOWLY, turning around. But it's a tough slog.

A ) not that immigrants are the problem (They're not), but when you can't speak English - it's hard to do well in school. And B ) not all immigrant cultures have the same values regarding education. And the immigrant population in Perry Township has EXPLODED in recent years due to Federal relocation/aid/refugee programs.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    From what the pastor said about "seeing young black men as a danger," it seems some think a police uniform is the same as a Klan hood and sheets. He seems to think all police are racist regardless of their race.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From what the pastor said about "seeing young black men as a danger," it seems some think a police uniform is the same as a Klan hood and sheets. He seems to think all police are racist regardless of their race.

That was my thought as well. It's a two-way street.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Apparently there have been at least two dozen death threats against officers after this shooting. :xmad: Rick Snyder (FOP president) is pissed. Wants the city government to speak out against the threats. Says so far only one city council member has done so.

Don't have a link... watching the story on WTHR right now.

So yeah... sorry "pastors". Get your own damned flock under control. They're the problem, not the cops.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    All from burner phones?

I'd be rounding em up on a warrant and puttin' em in the same pen with the escaped goats.

...but the goats might object.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    All from burner phones?

I'd be rounding em up on a warrant and puttin' em in the same pen with the escaped goats.

...but the goats might object.

They didn't give many details but did show at least one video that had been posted to social media (Facebook) where they were making the threat. Showed a patrol car in the officer's driveway.

Top Bottom