• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Saw a news blurb where the family has gotten a lawyer to get answers.
    I can see that after the Bisard mess.

But also heard in that blurb, that the family is NOT saying he didn't have a gun.

Their choir boy son gave em a spin at the police lottery wheel? Hope not.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We need to get the mayor talking about this.

Remember the last time we had a republican mayor in Indy? How did we get him?
    We got him because the "sure thing" incumbent dem mayor stepped on this dick over IMPD issues.

Just sayin'...

:hooked:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Saw a news blurb where the family has gotten a lawyer to get answers.
    I can see that after the Bisard mess.

But also heard in that blurb, that the family is NOT saying he didn't have a gun.

Their choir boy son gave em a spin at the police lottery wheel? Hope not.

Right? The revised argument is that he had a gun but didn't shoot at officer....I really hope the upcoming lawsuit gets dismissed at summary judgement. The City took my wrongful death lawsuit all the way to the 7th Circuit, refusing to pay a single dime to the family. I hope they do the same for this officer. The stress of taking a life (justification aside) then all the publicity and personal security issues, compound that with the coming lawsuit, it's a suckfest of epic proportions.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Right? The revised argument is that he had a gun but didn't shoot at officer....I really hope the upcoming lawsuit gets dismissed at summary judgement. The City took my wrongful death lawsuit all the way to the 7th Circuit, refusing to pay a single dime to the family. I hope they do the same for this officer. The stress of taking a life (justification aside) then all the publicity and personal security issues, compound that with the coming lawsuit, it's a suckfest of epic proportions.

Is it possible to tell how recently the gun was fired? Powder residue test of any kind?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just jumping into this thread, and haven't read all 11 pages. It seems like a good opportunity to quote one of my favorite lines from a legal decision, ever:

"That the attacker sustained a mortal wound is a matter that should have been considered by the deceased before he committed himself to the task he undertook."

- Stinson v State (FL), 1971

Ah, back when judges were actually intelligent.

Video that the guy took himself and statement by the officer?

video didnt see nuffin. Cant prove it. And I'm sure the shell casings were planted. Officer fired 14 rounds, not 12 and moved 2 by the body to make it look like he shot. (You know they are thinking it)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Video that the guy took himself and statement by the officer?

So the "he didn't shoot the gun he was seen with on social media at the Police" narrative is the biggest load of bovine excrement since the fertilizer plant moved?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    video didnt see nuffin. Cant prove it. And I'm sure the shell casings were planted. Officer fired 14 rounds, not 12 and moved 2 by the body to make it look like he shot. (You know they are thinking it)

Yeah, something like that. What will be super trippy is if they guy carried the exact same ammo issued to IMPD officers.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    So the "he didn't shoot the gun he was seen with on social media at the Police" narrative is the biggest load of bovine excrement since the fertilizer plant moved?

From what I've heard, yes. I'm hoping the Chief will release crime scene photos and ballistic comparisons publicly, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    From what I've heard, yes. I'm hoping the Chief will release crime scene photos and ballistic comparisons publicly, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Maybe bring out the lead public affairs mouthpiece to provide the briefing and go through the menagerie of Power Point slides in a press conference? I'd like to see that too. I don't recommend holding your breath, you'll turn blue and pass out.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Only if y'all carry Blazer FMJs in 115.

You're giving the punk too much credit. It's probably something even cheaper than that.

I had a gun stolen and recovered in Marion County. Based on where it was recovered the speculation I got when I spoke to the detective was that somebody tossed it out of a car window during a pursuit.

When I picked it up from the evidence room they also included the ammo that was found in the gun. Three different types of 9mm ball ammo and a round of .380.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    bwframe said:
    Remember the last time we had a republican mayor in Indy? How did we get him?
    We got him because the "sure thing" incumbent dem mayor stepped on this dick over IMPD issues.

Over IMPD issues? No. He raised taxes at the worst possible time and in the prime of the TEA party movement.

And the Republican who replaced him was effing horrible for the police department. Brought in Frank Straub and all the BS that came with him, hiring freeze, neglected the fleet to the point officers were routinely in 100k+ mile cars that were breaking down frequently, and damaged the culture with politically and personality driven witch hunts.

We're still undoing damage that Ballard, Straub & Co. did. I'll take the current mayor over Ballard any day no matter what letter is behind his name.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Over IMPD issues? No. He raised taxes at the worst possible time and in the prime of the TEA party movement.

And the Republican who replaced him was effing horrible for the police department. Brought in Frank Straub and all the BS that came with him, hiring freeze, neglected the fleet to the point officers were routinely in 100k+ mile cars that were breaking down frequently, and damaged the culture with politically and personality driven witch hunts.

We're still undoing damage that Ballard, Straub & Co. did. I'll take the current mayor over Ballard any day no matter what letter is behind his name.

Sorry, didn't mean to hit any nerves.

Outsider looking in here, who hasn't voted in Marion County in 35 years.

What I remembered of Peterson was of course the tax issue, but also lots of police issues and record setting murder rates. The kind of stuff that effects whether this occasional visitor comes up there much or not.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Junior got those values from somewhere.

When I was a trooper, I was behind a full-size Ford Bronco where a four year old stood up in the back window and flipped off the police car. I stopped the vehicle and issued the driver a ticket for the child restraint violation. The four year old did not learn to give the finger to police cars or other motorists on his own.
    Probably learned it at school.
    My parents never cursed. I learned the middle finger in first grade when some girl tricked me into holding it up in class. I had NO IDEA what it was until I was being sent to the office by the teacher.
    I was a good kid not a trouble maker so they learned the truth and I was released by "the man".
    But I cant say that after that day I never threw the bird to a passing car just being a smart ass little kid.
    If my parents would have found out I ever did that they would have literally beat me.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well this is going as predicted. Bold for emphasis below on the local media bias and the group-think.

[h=1]Local pastors call for changes to IMPD policies, training
    [/h]INDIANAPOLIS — City pastors play an important role in helping families, their congregations and our community move forward following many violent acts.
    “It’s not just a news story for us because we pray with these families, we bury the lost,” said Pastor Timothy Taylor of Taberacle Missionary Baptist Church. “We are constantly the counselors to these families, and it’s affecting our community. We want to be apart of the change that’s to come forth.”

Several local pastors of predominantly African American churches gathered on the steps of the Antioch Missionary Baptist Church to detail the changes they would like to see regarding the way IMPD polices the community.
    This gathering comes after the officer-involved shootings last week and the shooting deaths of Nya Cope and Rodgerick Payne Jr., along with other homicides in the city.

“We want to make a clear statement to our city,” said Pastor Clyde Posley of Antioch Missionary Baptist Church. “The African American clergy is a part of what’s going on in terms of a protest.”

This group of pastors is calling for a separate review board composed of only citizens. They want this board to be funded by the city, and have the ability to recommend discipline if warranted in officer-involved incidents.
    “If a police officer knew that if he took a shot that was wrong and cost someone something, maybe it should cost him something or her something,” Posley said.

Posley said police should not investigate themselves. During the news conference, pastors also requested an immediate ban on police chases faster than 50 miles per hour in neighborhoods. IMPD reports they are already working on updating their pursuit policy.

“In these neighborhoods you have children running around playing, anybody could get hurt,” Taylor said. “Anybody could die in an accident if that would happen. There has to be a better way, if someone is fleeing from the police, that we could apprehend them.”

Pastors also say implicit bias is an issue.
    “When you see blackness as only criminal, and a condemned portion of society and therefore devalued, what is also occurring then is this mindset that jumps in that says it doesn’t matter if I take the life of this unvaluable person,” Posley said.

IMPD reports the officer who shot Dreasjon Reed is African American. We asked Posley if that makes a difference when it comes to his concerns.

“It’s the system of thinking that’s often in police departments that your biggest enemy is the black male, the young black male,” Posley responded. “If you become a part of the thin blue line, you are not exempt from the thinking that goes forth.”

Posley believes we all play a role in achieving equality.

“In cities where that balance is brought to an equalization, you are seeing legislation that works for everyone,” Posley said.

IMPD did respond to the concerns regarding bias which were brought up during the news conference saying, “IMPD remains committed to protecting and serving every resident of Indianapolis. We’re always open to the types of conversations that help us better understand the needs of our community.”

The newly announced “Use of Force” review board will be made up of both IMPD officers and appointed community members. That board will only determine if an officer’s actions were in compliance or not in compliance.

There is an existing Police Merit Board which is made up of community members only. This board reviews hirings, firings and discipline at the recommendation of the police chief, providing a checks and balance system.

https://fox59.com/news/local-pastors-call-for-changes-to-impd-policies-training/

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well this is going as predicted. Bold for emphasis below on the local media bias and the group-think.

Local pastors call for changes to IMPD policies, training

INDIANAPOLIS — City pastors play an important role in helping families, their congregations and our community move forward following many violent acts.
    “It’s not just a news story for us because we pray with these families, we bury the lost,” said Pastor Timothy Taylor of Taberacle Missionary Baptist Church. “We are constantly the counselors to these families, and it’s affecting our community. We want to be apart of the change that’s to come forth.”

Several local pastors of predominantly African American churches gathered on the steps of the Antioch Missionary Baptist Church to detail the changes they would like to see regarding the way IMPD polices the community.
    This gathering comes after the officer-involved shootings last week and the shooting deaths of Nya Cope and Rodgerick Payne Jr., along with other homicides in the city.

“We want to make a clear statement to our city,” said Pastor Clyde Posley of Antioch Missionary Baptist Church. “The African American clergy is a part of what’s going on in terms of a protest.”

This group of pastors is calling for a separate review board composed of only citizens. They want this board to be funded by the city, and have the ability to recommend discipline if warranted in officer-involved incidents.
    “If a police officer knew that if he took a shot that was wrong and cost someone something, maybe it should cost him something or her something,” Posley said.

Posley said police should not investigate themselves. During the news conference, pastors also requested an immediate ban on police chases faster than 50 miles per hour in neighborhoods. IMPD reports they are already working on updating their pursuit policy.

“In these neighborhoods you have children running around playing, anybody could get hurt,” Taylor said. “Anybody could die in an accident if that would happen. There has to be a better way, if someone is fleeing from the police, that we could apprehend them.”

Pastors also say implicit bias is an issue.
    “When you see blackness as only criminal, and a condemned portion of society and therefore devalued, what is also occurring then is this mindset that jumps in that says it doesn’t matter if I take the life of this unvaluable person,” Posley said.

IMPD reports the officer who shot Dreasjon Reed is African American. We asked Posley if that makes a difference when it comes to his concerns.

“It’s the system of thinking that’s often in police departments that your biggest enemy is the black male, the young black male,” Posley responded. “If you become a part of the thin blue line, you are not exempt from the thinking that goes forth.”

Posley believes we all play a role in achieving equality.

“In cities where that balance is brought to an equalization, you are seeing legislation that works for everyone,” Posley said.

IMPD did respond to the concerns regarding bias which were brought up during the news conference saying, “IMPD remains committed to protecting and serving every resident of Indianapolis. We’re always open to the types of conversations that help us better understand the needs of our community.”

The newly announced “Use of Force” review board will be made up of both IMPD officers and appointed community members. That board will only determine if an officer’s actions were in compliance or not in compliance.

There is an existing Police Merit Board which is made up of community members only. This board reviews hirings, firings and discipline at the recommendation of the police chief, providing a checks and balance system.

https://fox59.com/news/local-pastors-call-for-changes-to-impd-policies-training/

Why does the phrase, "Physician, heal thyself" come to mind?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dcb500
    Top Bottom