• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I also don't think Hogsett would have any problem cracking down on a protest by conservatives. But to think that he would crack down on "his" constituents is naive at best. I mean, what's not to love about a mayor/prosecutor/judges that will guarantee you get out of jail, no matter how heinous your crimes are?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I also don't think Hogsett would have any problem cracking down on a protest by conservatives. But to think that he would crack down on "his" constituents is naive at best. I mean, what's not to love about a mayor/prosecutor/judges that will guarantee you get out of jail, no matter how heinous your crimes are?

we could test that theory by doing a counter protest. Same time of day, same location only in support of LEO and without the property damage aspect. Oh, and we can all wear NRA, Pro-2A, and Trump swag while we’re at it. I’ll bet dollars to donuts we get shut down within an hour.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    we could test that theory by doing a counter protest. Same time of day, same location only in support of LEO and without the property damage aspect. Oh, and we can all wear NRA, Pro-2A, and Trump swag while we’re at it. I’ll bet dollars to donuts we get shut down within an hour.

Sucks that most of "us" have to work. Professional protesters gonna protest. But I don't doubt you'd be correct!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Hog**** (aka "Stinky Shoes) is a piece of crap political hack puppet.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I am okay with people protesting, even if I disagree with their message.
    I am NOT okay with damage of property, injuring people, or blocking traffic.

As for someone deciding they're going to shoot up a neighbor, police or not, well they might not remember to keep an eye on the other houses until it's too late.
    Of course, they'd be chicken and doing it from a vehicle sprinting down the road.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Not by IMPD you wouldn't.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Catching up on this thread after a nice day of working outside.

My observation: Moving out of Marion County was one of the most positive moves I've ever made.

My second observation: I miss much of what is good in law enforcement, but in this environment, I'm kind of glad to be retired.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Even if we blocked traffic like they did but without beating on cars? You guys might not but I’m willing to bet the mayor would find a way.

The mayor has ZERO input on how IMPD handles protests. We have an excellent track record in handling protests. I worked the initial protests Friday, it was an 18hr day for me. We let them hold the intersection but blocked off traffic around it. I've worked countless "Conservative" and "left wing" protests over the years and we've always erred on the side of the protesters. If they block an intersection, we divert traffic around the area, no big deal. I don't ever recall shutting a protest down.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The mayor has ZERO input on how IMPD handles protests. We have an excellent track record in handling protests. I worked the initial protests Friday, it was an 18hr day for me. We let them hold the intersection but blocked off traffic around it. I've worked countless "Conservative" and "left wing" protests over the years and we've always erred on the side of the protesters. If they block an intersection, we divert traffic around the area, no big deal. I don't ever recall shutting a protest down.

If you had a choice, would you rather work a "Conservative" or "left wing" protest?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

I’m happy to hear you guys don’t take any **** from the mayor. Does he have any other way of shutting down a protest on short order? And why do you allow protesters to block traffic? I blocked traffic with fireworks once when I was a kid and got a ride home in a patrol car.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Never understood allowing protesters to block traffic. If you let the protesters break the law, doesn't that encourage more of such?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I love impd. Seriously, the crap they have to put up with but still treat the people (all people even the ones who hate them) with respect.
    I really wish the violence would end.
    It's really sad that these bad cowardly animals hold their own community hostage and prevent them from seeing the truth that the world is a much better place than they are lied and told.
    It reminds me so much of the Taliban for one

Top Bottom