• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Agreed. Our 06 Sierra is now showing its age with the rockers and one bed side (Allen and crew replaced the other a few years back). Dads 03 is about the same. At least it’s not a Durango still under warranty with rust holes in the hatch
    It always puzzles me what folks do or don’t that causes the trucks to rust out. I run my trucks through a car wash that does underbody wash to get the salt off after snow storms…

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It always puzzles me what folks do or don’t that causes the trucks to rust out. I run my trucks through a car wash that does underbody wash to get the salt off after snow storms…
    We did too for this one and it was garaged its entire life. But man the toy came on fast and hard.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The one thing that gets me, is within the last few years, I have started to hear starter motors at stop lights.
    The light would go green, and you would hear this cacophony of starter motors..

I was like... what the hell.

Then the other day, In the middle of no where I see a car stopped at a green light. One of those new broncos.
    I got out and the guy was frustrated.. the damn thing had decided to do and over the air update, and he was waiting for it to be done..
    Even still, when it was done.. it locked the guys transfer case into 4X4, and he had to unlock it with soft menus.

Hell no lol.. no way I want that.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Then the other day, In the middle of no where I see a car stopped at a green light. One of those new broncos.
    I got out and the guy was frustrated.. the damn thing had decided to do and over the air update, and he was waiting for it to be done..
    Even still, when it was done.. it locked the guys transfer case into 4X4, and he had to unlock it with soft menus.

Never heard of that happening. My car will not do an OTA update until I schedule it, which is normally after I park it for the night.

BTW, the automatic engine shutoff can be disabled with the push of a button.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    hey dont dis the Corsica.

People dis'd the Corsica when it was new. :D
    The one thing that gets me, is within the last few years, I have started to hear starter motors at stop lights.
    The light would go green, and you would hear this cacophony of starter motors..

I was like... what the hell.

I'm not a fan of OTA updates, but that doesn't sound right. The only thing my truck will update OTA is the infotainment, but it notifies me then has me either start it or schedule it. It can't be started unless the truck is in park and turned off.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    People dis'd the Corsica when it was new. :D

I'm not a fan of OTA updates, but that doesn't sound right. The only thing my truck will update OTA is the infotainment, but it notifies me then has me either start it or schedule it. It can't be started unless the truck is in park and turned off.
    None of the 3 Kias do OTA updates. Even infotainment updates require a thumb drive or scan tool to update them. That's perfectly fine with me.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yeah I don't know if he had shut it off, or what.. but it was definately running an OTA update.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Of all the things that never happened, I'm betting this never happened the most.

:):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    None of the 3 Kias do OTA updates. Even infotainment updates require a thumb drive or scan tool to update them. That's perfectly fine with me.

I would rather not have OTA, to be honest, but was willing to accept it for something as relatively inconsequential as infotainment. If they brick it OTA, I still have a functioning vehicle. Anything with the driveline, I don't want the manufacturer to have the ability to beta-test me remotely.

image-jpg.470345

Several Ford forums, both Raptor and Bronco, mention getting this message and their vehicle is bricked.

*edit* Can't embed the image. Click here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/failed-software-update-unable-to-start-vehicle.66872/

Yeah I don't know if he had shut it off, or what.. but it was definately running an OTA update.

No idea. Just saying that doesn't sound right, as in it's not how it's supposed to function.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I would rather not have OTA, to be honest, but was willing to accept it for something as relatively inconsequential as infotainment. If they brick it OTA, I still have a functioning vehicle. Anything with the driveline, I don't want the manufacturer to have the ability to beta-test me remotely.

No idea. Just saying that doesn't sound right, as in it's not how it's supposed to function.
    I have no idea, I didn't stay to get details.. but it had a progress bar on the LCD and it went away.

*shrug* I will stay with a car that needs a EEPROM programmer to update. They actually sold those back in the day, in the magazines you would see "PROMS" advertised, you would tell them what car you had, they would send you some aftermarket chip. You would carefully open up the box and remove the old chip, and put in the new chip... caareefully..

1701714758539.png

Lpherr

In a blue bubble

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Simply install one of these...

Really, for my car, the auto stop/start disable button is right next to the drive mode selector, and it's become habit for me to select both as I'm shifting into gear. No buying and installing a solution without a problem aftermarket mod required.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Marketing 101 for GM. How typical.
    Dylan Mulvaney? Somebody needs to go wash their eyes and brain with bleach. Has the Bud Light fiasco not taught you ANYTHING about marketing vs the woke crowd??? Less than 3% of the population and buyers are NOT saavy as they keep buying vehicles that airbags kill the driver, vehicles catching fire just driving them down the road, EVs burning down in the garage taking the whole house and possibly family heirlooms as they can't be extinguished, faulty critical components from flunky manufactuers, blah blah blah. People should demand for the government to get the funk out of manufacturing so more people can buy these crap vehicles so we can kill everybody in a timely manner before China owns this country totally.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Marketing 101 for GM. How typical.
    Dylan Mulvaney? Somebody needs to go wash their eyes and brain with bleach. Has the Bud Light fiasco not taught you ANYTHING about marketing vs the woke crowd??? Less than 3% of the population and buyers are NOT saavy as they keep buying vehicles that airbags kill the driver, vehicles catching fire just driving them down the road, EVs burning down in the garage taking the whole house and possibly family heirlooms as they can't be extinguished, faulty critical components from flunky manufactuers, blah blah blah. People should demand for the government to get the funk out of manufacturing so more people can buy these crap vehicles so we can kill everybody in a timely manner before China owns this country totally.
    So, did you like the ad, or not? Or I should ask if you watched it or not. 'Cause I've seen it 4 times now, and haven't had a Dylan Mulvaney sighting yet. One of the things that people seem to like about the ad was it's hearkening back to a simpler, unwoke time.

Top Bottom