• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I've had some customers ask me how to handle it. Some are very concerned this will come to Indiana. Magnetic door lock are nice, but who gets to hit the lock switch. High resolution video camera inside and outside the entrance to ID them after the fact. Man traps work, but not many banks even use them.

With a laugh I say claymores............. plus a Glock 17 with 33 round mags as a last resort. Best case, get away to a safe spot and if they follow, let them have it.

It is only a matter of time before they hit the "wrong site and someone pushes back hard"!

I say this will happen in Bloomington before Indy..........

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    It is a trend, so do not be surprised. The tactical problem is this that you have to obey the law while they push the edges of it and even break it when no LEO's are watching.

I would think the choices you make are limited by the moment when the mob gathers. A few things come immediately to mind:

First: Don't be there. If are there, leave if possible.

Second: Barrier. If you can close the door to your home/store/car and lock it, great. This may deter them while the look for an easier target. It also give you the advantage in that if the barrier is broken - your claim to self defense is bolstered.

Third: Draw only if you mean it. Mobs can disarm faster than you can debate them leaving.

Fourth: Warning shots might help, might worsen things, but are very much likely to get you arrested.

Fifth: Stay on your feet. As with any mosh pit rules, you get to the ground and you are toast. Stay on your feet.

Sixth: If you are out of the fray and safe, get a camera rolling. Film everything you can as it is the best way to bring people to justice.

Seventh: A mob is stupid, and bold, and dangerous. Nothing matters more than your life. Do not confuse objects, or even pride, for life.

Be careful, be safe, plan best you can, and do your best to be somewhere else.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    It is a trend, so do not be surprised. The tactical problem is this that you have to obey the law while they push the edges of it and even break it when no LEO's are watching.

I would think the choices you make are limited by the moment when the mob gathers. A few things come immediately to mind:

First: Don't be there. If are there, leave if possible.

Second: Barrier. If you can close the door to your home/store/car and lock it, great. This may deter them while the look for an easier target. It also give you the advantage in that if the barrier is broken - your claim to self defense is bolstered.

Third: Draw only if you mean it. Mobs can disarm faster than you can debate them leaving.

Fourth: Warning shots might help, might worsen things, but are very much likely to get you arrested.

Fifth: Stay on your feet. As with any mosh pit rules, you get to the ground and you are toast. Stay on your feet.

Sixth: If you are out of the fray and safe, get a camera rolling. Film everything you can as it is the best way to bring people to justice.

Seventh: A mob is stupid, and bold, and dangerous. Nothing matters more than your life. Do not confuse objects, or even pride, for life.

Be careful, be safe, plan best you can, and do your best to be somewhere else.

The only point of disagreement for me is your 4th one...
    Nothing focuses the rage of the Mob like LOUD Noises...

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    legal experts

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to the hospital for any douche's
    anger problem. But I don't wanna go to jail for some douche either.

I can't remember the names of ingo's resident legal experts.

I would definitely like to hear their opinions.

huh huh, douche.:):

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Loud noises.................from flash bangs

I was 1,200 feet from a training site using them a few years back, They got my attention from that distance. Flash bangs would work to stun them, but last time I checked, us average joes, can't purchase them.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Say more please. Curious.

I have had the pleasure of working Mobs in Bosnia, Kosovo, and couple other great tourist spots.

Shots fired will almost always point the Mob at whatever is making the noises, unless you open up with a Machine Gun of course. I have seen more sqauds step on their pee-pees cause they thought a warning shot was more humane than shooting someone. The Mob, in my experience will surge forward to see who is having the fun. Some may leave, most will come visit you though...

YMMV though... :dunno:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Thank you for that info. Did more than one shot change things, or did the mob not really care until they saw bodies falling near them?

Teargas work better?

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't see a financial incentive in a flash mob. If you get ten guys to hold up a gas station, that 10 ways the loot is divvied up. I'm hoping people can find better ways to make $5-$20.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Thank you for that info. Did more than one shot change things, or did the mob not really care until they saw bodies falling near them?

Teargas work better?

Depends on how energized the Mobs is at that point in time. I have seen them ignore even 2-3 bodies being dropped in the Mob. :dunno:

CS (teargas's big brother) works most of the time. However, it effects everybody a little differently. Take me for example, I find it is a great way to get over a bad-ass head cold. Makes my eyes water and my nose run and makes your skin feel like you got a bad sun burn a couple of days ago. Some people though. It is like they are about to die... :dunno:

I have found the best approach is the "Greyman", avoid them at all costs. If you cannot then mingle in and move towards a way to seperate yourself...

Top Bottom