• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    So, how prepared are you?

You are at home alone at night, you have just eaten dinner and perhaps had a few beers. You go in to your bathroom to take a big...break. This particular break is extra time consuming and your thoughts wonder (this is actually where this post was conceived).

Just then, your door is broken down forcibly and you hear unfamiliar voices in your house. What are you prepared to do?

:popcorn:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    since i have no kids, non of my friends have kids, and non of my neighbors who might be in my house have kids... i may or may not have guns stashed in places i will be able to find before the bg. if thats the case i can get to one of them before they know whats there i hope ill be good to go... if its really bad, run out the damned door!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Lock the door and if anyone breaks in to get at me, they will be wearing what I ate earlier that day. :poop:-faced, literally! :p

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Throw the first thing you can find.

I knew a guy once who was so paranoid about something like this that he used to take one pants leg off so he could fight or run rather than getting caught with his pants around his ankles.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I carry a gun on me from the moment I get up in the morning until the moment I go to sleep. (Other than showering, then it's just there in the bathroom with me.
    There's a pump shotty sitting just outside the bathroom door, locked. (The key is always around my neck. If I can get that to before the BG know where I'm at then it's really on, but even with my pistol in hand it's on.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well i can tell you wipping my ass would not be a priority at all. and since my s*** dont stink, i couldnt just scare them away with odors.

I have at least one gun with me at ALL times, yes: shower, sex, toilet, eating, sleeping, swimming, etc. and I have made sure im very accurate with everything I carry. My wife is also VERY versed in our household Emergency plans, and we do practice drills regularly. I think it would be a hard fight and end badly for someone and maybe all, but there would be a massive battle, I can assure you of that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Well, currently, I guess I would just have to come out swinging. The place we are in is a not that much bigger than cardboard box; The house I am preparing, will take more than a kick to put the door down.

Anyhow, anyone whose coming in, we'll know before hand what will happen to them, since Im making the property have that "Wrong turn" look.

I'll have a sign that says "Im not going to call the police if I catch you". :)

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Close at hand.

Let's just say that the Glock pictures I have posted here are not the first or only firearms in the house, nor are they centrally located. What I have posted is only what we have acquired since April of this year. Neither are firearms our only means of defense. I have also been shooting at least twice a week for the past few months and while by no means a Dirty Harry at least now all my hits are in the kill zone. :)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm home alone? That's exceedingly rare. But, I'll play along....

Likely wait them out. If the door opens, bang. Relocate to a phone, dial 911, and defend that position. In reality, there is no "kicking in" any exterior door. I'll have at least enough time to assess and relocate before anyone gets through.

Change the position to home with family, and not only will I have backup, but even *I* will not come between my wife and her "cub"!

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Well considering my bathroom is right off my bedroom at the back of the house and assuming I've had a few beers (as in your situation you described), I'd open the door take about two steps, grab the 12 gauge thats loaded with 3'' 00 buck, point and shoot.

Sober, step out, take about four steps and grab my 45 thats in my duty belt thats hung up, and send a few Gold Dots their way.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well considering that I have two locked full length screen doors with the screens permanently removed and thick impact resistant glass in them, I'll have some advance notice of anyone trying to gain entry.

Pitty the poor fool that still decides to gain entry after making that mess and noise to alert me what is going on.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Well, to be honest I sometimes don't have my gun on me when I'm walking around the house or in the bathroom....so I may be screwed. I just don't think anyone would try to break in or come any farther after my dog (pit/boxer) starts barking. Best alarm ever made!

Top Bottom