• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

The mayor says the following:
    "I understand the need to comply with state law and have every intention of making sure we do, but I will not compromise the need for safety in our city."
    :n00b::n00b:

From what I saw in that video he said he would NOT go along with the city council. Wow talk about double-talk.

Oh an Mr. Dykstra congrads on your education choice. What field are you going for? I graduated as an EE with Computer emphasis from PUC as well.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Ok, supposedly the channel 5 news @ 10pm will have the story.
    @ jedi, yes there is a period of public expression at council meetings.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ok, supposedly the channel 5 news @ 10pm will have the story.
    @ jedi, yes there is a period of public expression at council meetings.

No no one from the public had anything to say at the meeting then hu?
    Not that it would matter since it's a D town. :D

So @ 10PM we are going to see a mug shot of u on TV. ;)

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    It may be legally void, and they may not intentionally enforce it, but he's an ignoramus if he thinks his stand in the council meeting won't come back to bite the city on the butt.

Go get 'em, Guy.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    So all I got to do is OC in a city of Hammond building and hang out with a couple of my Attorney clients for the better part of a year and I can retire..... Hooo Hooo...

Where did I put that phone at.....

sdman11890

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Highland
    Oh an Mr. Dykstra congrads on your education choice. What field are you going for? I graduated as an EE with Computer emphasis from PUC as well.

Well, the information in the latest article is wrong. I was an engineering student at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, but now I'm at home taking some prerequisite courses for Trinity College's (Palos Heights, IL) adult studies business program.

It's been kind of a bumpy road getting here, but I'm finally to a great spot in my education career.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

That article is so full of FAIL!

The Indiana General Assembly DID NOT pass a new law law allowing concealed carry! :rolleyes: Indiana is silent on how we carry.

On a side note that grandma is not thinking of the children!!! the children!!! ;)

This story was the talk of the morning commute today. & after hearing some of the people speak I just wanted to :runaway: and :puke:. One lady who said she grew up with guns and went hunting with her dad and who son still hunts said it is a bad idea to allow guns in parks and public buildings. Plus she does not see why people should have assault rifles, macgine guns or handguns. & that the gangbangers would now be able to legally go into the park and shot up. She even went on to say that none of her guns are register since they are so old and that only the new handguns her son bought have been registered. :faint:

:dunno: I just kept my mouth shut no clue where to even begin to educate some of these people.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Some people are just destined to be stupid....

Kind of how we ended up with the political mess that is in this country today...

Of course if there wasn't so many of these draconian stupid laws on the books, then it would be much easier to teach the facts to these people... but there is much too much of this legal speak in the paperwork that is open to individual speculation and so many different people who may read or try to understand the double speak that is put in these masterpieces of living S#!& . Thirty people can read the same piece of crap and come off with 30 different concepts... Of course we all know the only reason this stuff is there is to cost the average person everything they have and to mess with the general public in such a way as to keep them scared to open thier mouths at the notion that someone will come after them and cost then everything they have.....

Jedi, sorry you had to sit through that... but you are going into the red zone and there is much stupidity over the thin red line....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I just left a 'comment' on the article/news story. (it may take some time to pass the NBC censors before others can see it)

It would be nice to pack that article full of comments from lawful gun owners correcting Dick Johnson (the reporter) and laying out, in a respectful manner, the actual facts about Indiana gun laws.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, I could say something but then I would regain respect from Davegrave and I don't know if he could take that.. LOL...

Gun's are for hunting, ya right... Just like the police are there to protect you... right.... She knows everything about guns and such, ya right... bet she doesn't know anything but what they lied about too her in her high school government class too... right... She's been drinking the coolaide....

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    If he looses a million dollar lawsuit to some little old grandmother that wants to protect herself by following the Indiana State Law some other Demo might have a chance to take it from him but it would take a act of GOD for a good candidate like Kim Poland to take the office of Mayor in this mess...

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    does anyone think this "BAD" publicity might cause mcdermott the race in November?

...some other Demo might have a chance to take it from him but it would take a act of GOD for a good candidate like Kim Poland to take the office of Mayor in this mess...

Not a chance. The mayor is head of the D party in the county and vice-cheeze stat-wide. His opponent on the R side is a total whack-job.
    Kim Poland is not running for mayor, but she is running for re-election to council. Look her up on facebook.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    If he looses a million dollar lawsuit to some little old grandmother that wants to protect herself by following the Indiana State Law some other Demo might have a chance to take it from him but it would take a act of GOD for a good candidate like Kim Poland to take the office of Mayor in this mess...
    She'd kick your butt for calling her "little old" heck she's only 45.

Top Bottom