• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    If he looses a million dollar lawsuit to some little old grandmother that wants to protect herself by following the Indiana State Law some other Demo might have a chance to take it from him but it would take a act of GOD for a good candidate like Kim Poland to take the office of Mayor in this mess...

Guy, are you charging $333,333 for your fees on this?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Gun's are for hunting, ya right... Just like the police are there to protect you... right.... She knows everything about guns and such, ya right... bet she doesn't know anything but what they lied about too her in her high school government class too... right... She's been drinking the coolaide....

What amazes me is she use to help her dad hand reload shotgun shells as a little girl not with a press but the simple basic tools. She has gone hunting before and knows her rifles/shotguns. But to her "guns" = "hunting only".

If he looses a million dollar lawsuit to some little old grandmother that wants to protect herself by following the Indiana State Law some other Demo might have a chance to take it from him but it would take a act of GOD for a good candidate like Kim Poland to take the office of Mayor in this mess...

does anyone think this "BAD" publicity might cause mcdermott the race in November?

Not a chance. The mayor is head of the D party in the county and vice-cheeze stat-wide. Kim Poland is not running for mayor, but she is running for re-election to council. Look her up on facebook.

^THIS!

The only way the current Hammond Mayor is going to loss his office is when the feds finally get him on corruption charges just like the last 2 Mayors of East Chicago. Otherwise he is destined to remain in power for a long, long, long time to come. Hammond won't vote for an R anytime soon as with him being #1 in the county and #2 in the state on the Ds side unless he chooses to go to Indy he will remain put. It makes no sense poltical wise to run for some office in Indy (state level). He can weld som much more power/influence here in Lake County. Why give up being the local LORD to just someone in the upper-class at the state level.

The idiots at NBC censored my comment. It was respectful but it honestly corrected the report from Dick Johnson. So they eliminated it from their website!

Grandma Wants to Pack Heat at the Park | NBC Chicago

Well duh! You gave them a logical reply. You failed! You should have mentioned the children, the rivers of blood this will cause, the evil evil guns that will now be all over the streets. :rolleyes: & you call yourself a NWIer. :faint:

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    you think he's corrupt?

will you be voting in the upcoming election?

i plan on voting against him simply because he was against this, but i dont know anything at all about any of the other candidates. i know in the pre election he blew everyone out of the water.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    you think he's corrupt?

will you be voting in the upcoming election?

i plan on voting against him simply because he was against this, but i dont know anything at all about any of the other candidates. i know in the pre election he blew everyone out of the water.

I'm not a resident of Hammond so I can't vote for/against him. :)

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    The Mayor opened his big mouth and stepped in IT, then he jumped up and down in it, then he rolled around in it. Now he's looking around wondering what all the stink is about.

The Mayor is obviously ready to stand for his "principles" until the last dime of the Hammond residents money. I suppose he believes that the ordinance that they had all these years actually stopped someone from shooting someone else.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What did your comment say?

It was very simple, I stated that Indiana did not just get a new concealed carry law but we've had the ability to carry in this state for 70+ years and that we are not limited to concealed carry but we can also legally carry openly. I also stated that nearly 10% of Hoosier adults have a LTCH.

I have posted a second time, a different message.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The Mayor opened his big mouth and stepped in IT, then he jumped up and down in it, then he rolled around in it. Now he's looking around wondering what all the stink is about.

The Mayor is obviously ready to stand for his "principles" until the last dime of the Hammond residents money. I suppose he believes that the ordinance that they had all these years actually stopped someone from shooting someone else.

Well since 1991 after the shooting inside City Hall of the man & his wife has there been another shooting inside City Hall? :dunno: Guess that city "law" must have worked hu? ;)

Now in terms of the city parks I venture to say there have been shooting since the city park "law" but on that one I have no data.

It was very simple, I stated that Indiana did not just get a new concealed carry law but we've had the ability to carry in this state for 70+ years and that we are not limited to concealed carry but we can also legally carry openly. I also stated that nearly 10% of Hoosier adults have a LTCH.

I have posted a second time, a different message.

u just don't learn hu? :D

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well there has been Republican Mayors of Hammond in the past... I didn't say that Kim Poland was running for the Mayor's office but she would be a better Mayor than what we have now...

Here's a list of the past Mayors...

1 Marcus Towle 1884–1888 Republican
    2 Thomas Hammond 1888–1893 Democratic
    3 Patrick Reilly 1893–1894 Democratic
    4 Fred R. Mott 1894–1898 Republican
    5 Patrick Reilly 1898–1902 Democratic
    6 Armanis F. Knotts 1902–1904 Republican
    7 Lawrence Becker 1904–1911 Democratic
    8 John D. Smalley 1911–1918 Democratic
    9 Daniel Brown 1918–1925 Republican
    10 Adrian E. Tinkham 1925–1930 Republican
    11 Charles O. Schonert 1930–1935 Republican
    12 Frank Martin 1935–1942 Democratic
    13 G. Bertram Smith 1942–1948 Democratic
    14 Vernon C. Anderson 1948–1956 Republican
    15 Edward Dowling 1956–1968 Democratic
    16 Joseph Klen 1968–1976 Democratic
    17 Edward J. Raskosky 1976–1984 Democratic
    18 Thomas M. McDermott, Sr. 1984–1992 Republican
    19 Duane Dedelow, Jr. 1992–2004 Republican
    20 Thomas McDermott, Jr. 2004–present Democratic son of former mayor Thomas McDermott, Sr.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well there has been Republican Mayors of Hammond in the past... I didn't say that Kim Poland was running for the Mayor's office but she would be a better Mayor than what we have now...

Here's a list of the past Mayors...

1 Marcus Towle 1884–1888 Republican
    2 Thomas Hammond 1888–1893 Democratic
    3 Patrick Reilly 1893–1894 Democratic
    4 Fred R. Mott 1894–1898 Republican
    5 Patrick Reilly 1898–1902 Democratic
    6 Armanis F. Knotts 1902–1904 Republican
    7 Lawrence Becker 1904–1911 Democratic
    8 John D. Smalley 1911–1918 Democratic
    9 Daniel Brown 1918–1925 Republican
    10 Adrian E. Tinkham 1925–1930 Republican
    11 Charles O. Schonert 1930–1935 Republican
    12 Frank Martin 1935–1942 Democratic
    13 G. Bertram Smith 1942–1948 Democratic
    14 Vernon C. Anderson 1948–1956 Republican
    15 Edward Dowling 1956–1968 Democratic
    16 Joseph Klen 1968–1976 Democratic
    17 Edward J. Raskosky 1976–1984 Democratic
    18 Thomas M. McDermott, Sr. 1984–1992 Republican
    19 Duane Dedelow, Jr. 1992–2004 Republican
    20 Thomas McDermott, Jr. 2004–present Democratic son of former mayor Thomas McDermott, Sr.

LIES!!! LIES!!! LIES!!!!!
    RINOs perhaps. :D

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ya, that whole political party thing is kind of funny... A buddy of mine ran for a Newton County Councilman seat and he had to run as a Democrat because the Democrat had run as a Republican in the last election and he was running again in that race... My bud would have been better suited to run as a Libertarian but the Lib's didn't have a chance and his point of view would have been more Republican in content than Democrat but that was the only ticket that was available...

It's all double speak, and amazes me that we can think that were holding a fair and impartial election in this modern day...

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Did the NRA really tell him to just not enforce it? I find that hard to believe based on some of the NRA-ILA email I see.

No, to the contrary - the NRA sent him a letter that said that by not repealing the illegal ordinances, the City of Hammond was in violaton of Indiana law. I have a copy.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    No, to the contrary - the NRA sent him a letter that said that by not repealing the illegal ordinances, the City of Hammond was in violaton of Indiana law. I have a copy.

I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not sure if you can answer this question or not due to the ongoing litigation.

When this goes to trial and the misleading public statements he's made are proven to be untrue, can he be prosecuted criminally for them or are they just further fodder for a civil case?

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not sure if you can answer this question or not due to the ongoing litigation.

When this goes to trial and the misleading public statements he's made are proven to be untrue, can he be prosecuted criminally for them or are they just further fodder for a civil case?

He's just being a politician. He certainly hasn't committed any crime that I'm aware of.

mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    I didn't read through all 20 pages, but here's a thought...

Somewhere, there's an insurance company that insures Hammond against losses in civil suits. Wouldn't it suck for them if their insurance company were to drop them because the council willingly exposed the town to a lawsuit like this?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Apparently, the editorial board is a tad ignorant of the new law. They seem to think the suit has no merit since the local ordinance is now "moot".

Top Bottom