• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    In the 80s and 90s I put mine on the car, then I bought into the "its a thief magnet" and left them off my cars since the late 90s.

Now I am start to read these polls that the popularity of the NRA is dropping and I am beginning to reconsider. Putting that badge on the car is one more way of standing up for my 2A rights.

I hear a lot of blustery voices about not giving up guns or how tough people will be IF they ever come knocking on your guns.

Well I never got that brave and I don't know how I would react if it come to that, but I do think if one is, they ought to at least have the bravery to put a sticker on the car.

I am going to put mine on. In a way, I figure I am standing up for my rights and if I put my car in danger, so be it. I talk about how important my 2A rights are with all my friends well maybe its time to put some skin in the game?

Anybody else who has not put his/her sticker on ? I think now is the time.

The country needs to see that we are normal.

Besides, I have drove around for years with a radio antenna and gear in the car and they have yet to bust in the windows to get it, I do have insurance, and 99% of the time the gun isn't in the car its on the person.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    amen brother. im a gun totin redneck, and I don't give a s#&t who knows. got my sticker on both vehicles. like you said, only time my firearm is inside my truck is when its on me. my father-in-law was a police officer years ago, and he let me know how important it is to pass on this right of ownership to my kids and grandkids, im now a lifetime member of the NRA, and damn proud of it. any responsible gun owner should belong.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    For Me...

I have been NRA Life for more years than a lot here on this Forum have been on this Earth. That said, I AM a supporter of the NRA.
    I will NOT place my NRA Life Member decals on any of my cars/trucks. IMO they are "Theif Magnets".

I WILL send the NRA a few bucks here+there, will talk a non-member into joining, and in general support their cause.

I have already had to replace window glass+repaired the dash on Son's car over a $50.00 radio...I will not do that over a sticker...Bill.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I have my sticker on my car, but mostly for the humor value of a NRA sticker on a bright orange prius (truck died and I got a great deal on it. Loving having gone from filling up twice a week to once every 5 weeks)

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    Had mine on the car for more than 5 years. Never had a problem. I live in a rural area, guns are a commonplace situation.

Guess it depends on your situation and what you feel comfortable with.

Don't wave a hamburger around when you are in the lion's den.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Now I am start to read these polls that the popularity of the NRA is dropping and I am beginning to reconsider.

Where do you people get these ideas?
    You need to turn of PMSNBC and CNN.

I saw reported on the news just today that the NRA has gained 250,000 new members in the one month since the Sandy Hook school shooting.
    So how is it you're hearing that the NRA is losing popularity?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Only stickers on my truck are some Ron Paul stickers that I haven't even attempted to take off. Even after he was officially out of it, the stickers started some really good conversations with random people in parking lots. They got some younger (18-24) kids at school to think a bit about politics and what is going on. Past that, I've got a GOA sticker I might put on my laptop.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Since joining the NRA years ago, I've always put a sticker on my truck--on both the windshield and back glass.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Only stickers on my truck are some Ron Paul stickers that I haven't even attempted to take off. Even after he was officially out of it, the stickers started some really good conversations with random people in parking lots. They got some younger (18-24) kids at school to think a bit about politics and what is going on. Past that, I've got a GOA sticker I might put on my laptop.

Most of RP's supporters ARE the young crowd....the 18-15 y/o's like my son and his friends. I LOVE being the libertarian "old codger" they often come to me for advice with debates etc.

I need to get a laptop and put GOA, S/A, Rem. Ruger and Libertarian stickers all over it...see how many conversations i can start at school.

OH, and the idea that an NRA or GOA sticker will attracted nere do wells is as insane as the gun grabbers saying CCW laws will cause blood to run in the streets, make our towns into the OK caral and other such silliness. i have had pro gun stickers on my last two trucks and 0 problems (except my license plate getting stolen in an Indy parking garage last March) If anything, i would think it would work the opposite...thieves may be lazy, but they aint totally stupid. The idea of a vehicle belonging to a gun nut should give them pause...just like the idea of armed citizens cc'ing.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Been on the SUV since I brought it home. If your in a questionable area what good is the gun doing in your car anyway? I think its better on me.

It doesn't matter if you have a gun in the car or not. If someone THINKS you do and breaks your window to look for it then you are out repair costs and whatever else they take in the process.

In my case, I leave my car out in rural areas beside the road for hours at a time so the fewer temptations I leave the better.

mschlatter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    In the Barn
    It doesn't matter if you have a gun in the car or not. If someone THINKS you do and breaks your window to look for it then you are out repair costs and whatever else they take in the process.

In my case, I leave my car out in rural areas beside the road for hours at a time so the fewer temptations I leave the better.
    Then you better not have anything hunting related on your vehicle. That would make the same thing occour if decals would be the reason alone for theft. :dunno:

jefalatho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    images

Guns and Coffee sticker on mine now. Guess I need to dig out an NRA sticker and add that to the back glass.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Then you better not have anything hunting related on your vehicle. That would make the same thing occour if decals would be the reason alone for theft. :dunno:

I don't. As I said before, I have all stickers on my car on magnets and when I have to leave it somewhere for a while I take all the magnets off, including the Star of Life since some people may think that means I have paramedic drugs in my vehicle.

Knock on wood but I haven't had any of my vehicles broken into and they've spent a lot of time out in some pretty remote locations, often for days on end.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    For ****'s sake people, if ya gotta **** yer pants before you put a sticker on your car, leave your guns on the front porch now and cut the ***** in Zionsville's lawn for free.

I had an NRA license plate on my old car for 10+ years. Sticker on my current car. If someone keys, breaks in, etc. so ****ing be it.

God damn pantywaists...

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    I'm one of the few with the NRA plate on my car - no breakins etc and I travel a lot so my car is in parking garages, hotel parking lots etc often. I've thought about changing it just on the thought that it might be a target, but I'm not sure anyone really notices / knows what it is. Only comment I ever got was from a client in Cleveland who said "I never would've thought you were one of those....". He then started talking about all of the rifles he inherited years ago and that he wanted to shoot them. Actually proved to be an 'in' with this guy.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Hmmmmm.......:dunno:

This day an' age ('specially NOW.......) could be good way ta get'a brick thru all'a glass......gallon o' kerosene,gallon o' corn syrup down the tank.....LOT'sa stuff,hahahaha.......:):

(sometimes.....don't pay ta advertise.......)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom