0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I haven't read the links yet but have to get in before the "it doesn't matter how crappy or bogus the affidavit was, it's the judges fault for signing off on it" crowd.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Uhhhhh....

What exactly were they fishing for?!
    Anything and everything, is what it looks like. Having read it all now, it looks like a drug warrant, (not a home invasion thing, as they lied about) and it does look like they've lied in the affidavit, about Guerena's background. The affidavit says he was arrested multiple times for pot related crimes. I somehow doubt this is so, since he had been serving in the USMC and they have some reasonably strict rules about being in the corps with drug arrests on your record. Now we just need to see the warrant. This still stinks to high heaven and the affidavit doesn't look to change that.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Dammit.

Just read the PCA. It actually looks like a pretty good investigation for a PD. Jose's brother is bad news, and probably the dealer. He also probably used Jose's name - at least to title the vehicles, and maybe even for the prior arrests. I would be interested to know the timing of when that happened and when he was in the military.

The brother has blood on his hands IMHO.

Don't get me wrong - the PD screwed the pooch on the entry. But, the investigation was above-average IMHO. (That's not necessarily saying a whole lot. Local PD don't do nearly as good a job on these things as the feds.)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Don't get me wrong - the PD screwed the pooch on the entry. But, the investigation was above-average IMHO. (That's not necessarily saying a whole lot. Local PD don't do nearly as good a job on these things as the feds.)

And the Feds don't do that good of a job either... ;)

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Why does the screen freeze when I try to scroll down?

I do not understand this neck beard stuff. Is there another website where one can view this???
    What browser are you using? I'm using Firefox and not having any issues with it. It's a bit slow perhaps, but not unreadable. Not sure of any other sources, but I'll look.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Dammit.

Just read the PCA. It actually looks like a pretty good investigation for a PD. Jose's brother is bad news, and probably the dealer. He also probably used Jose's name - at least to title the vehicles, and maybe even for the prior arrests. I would be interested to know the timing of when that happened and when he was in the military.

The brother has blood on his hands IMHO.

Possibly the Brother is a Scumbag, how does that Justify Kicking a Relatives Door?! I just cannot make that reach myself... :dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    As to Jose, property totaling several hundred thousand dollars were titled in his name. More than he could afford on what he was making. He was observed with his brother - who had been found in possession of drugs - and his brother's vehicles were observed at his house. He also (supposedly) had the prior arrest for drug-related crimes. ("Ye shall be known by the company you keep." comes to mind.)

As probable cause for a search warrant goes, that's not too bad.

Again, I'm not talking about the legalities (or reasonableness) of the entry - just the legal proceedings leading up to it.

My personal opinion (subject to more information) is that Jose was not involved, and his scumbag brother used his name/identity.

@KF - My browser was giving me fits with it, too. I found it easier to use a facebook account and download it.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    So all of you that have a brother or a cousin that's into drugs or no good or something... have no rights and deserve to have your doors kicked in. Wow.

After a quick read - it sounds like a) presumed guilt by being related and b) horrible execution of the warrant. Dupnik and his crew should be out of jobs at a minimum... and arguably worse.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    As to Jose, property totaling several hundred thousand dollars were titled in his name. More than he could afford on what he was making. He was observed with his brother - who had been found in possession of drugs - and his brother's vehicles were observed at his house. He also (supposedly) had the prior arrest for drug-related crimes.

So what I know Several Soldiers that have Property totaling over Several Hundred Thousand Dollars in their names. Hell at one point I was a Soldier like that. Did not realize it was a Crime to own more Property than you earn. I always thought it was just good purchasing...

("Ye shall be known by the company you keep." comes to mind.)
    I also seem to remember something about rocks and glass houses too... :dunno:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Wait.... so if your brother/sister/father/mother are bad people you are too? Or are you to cut family out and ignore them now if they participate in anything illegal?

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    good lord. They were looking for anything that anyone would have in their house. No wonder they "found everything they were looking for". Everything they were looking for would be in ALL OF OUR HOUSES.

That's like swearing out an affadavit for a search warrant saying "we believe, through investigation, that there is a floor at XXXX ILiveHere Street". This shiz is actually scary.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes, with modern intel techniques, if you know a drug dealer, you name is probably in some database somewhere. If you have more property than can be explained by public and semi-public information, and you interact with drug dealers while being surveilled by police, that could easily be probable cause to search your house. You could have some s'plainin' to do.

Welcome to the 21st Century, ladies. As probable cause goes, not much different from the 20th, 19th, or 18th, but... there you go. Only the techniques have changed.

If you know your family members are drug dealers, you roll the dice and take your chances.

I know I have family members who are not welcome at my home. F'em. If they want to F up their lives, that's their choice.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Yes, with modern intel techniques, if you know a drug dealer, you name is probably in some database somewhere. If you have more property than can be explained by public and semi-public information, and you interact with drug dealers while being surveilled by police, that could easily be probable cause to search your house. You could have some s'plainin' to do.

Welcome to the 21st Century, ladies. As probable cause goes, not much different from the 20th, 19th, or 18th, but... there you go. Only the techniques have changed.

If you know your family members are drug dealers, you roll the dice and take your chances.

I know I have family members who are not welcome at my home. F'em. If they want to F up their lives, that's their choice.

Careful what doors you attempt to No-knock then is all I will say. As you are saying You are rolling the dice then... :popcorn:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

For all we know they were holding an intervention for his brother.

Top Bottom