• ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Did I mention he was acquitted?

This one makes you think twice about coaching kids, teaching kids, being involved with kids, and possibly even having kids. It has everything: lazy cops, a broken "justice" system, persistent belief of guilt in spite of proven innocence, Maude Flanders screaming "won't someone please think of the children?"...

Fairfax teacher Sean Lanigan still suffering from false molestation allegations - The Washington Post

Lesson: We are all one vindictive 12-year-old away from ruined lives, lost income, and soiled reputations. Innocence is no defense when hysteria's involved.

Cases like this make good arguments for a split trial system and anonymity for the accused.

Last edited:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    That's a shame. Stuff like this makes it hard to find people that are willing to coach kids activities.
    Both of my daughters were heavily involved in school activities and I managed teams for both of them. I ALWAYS made sure that I was never alone with any of the kids so that nothing like this could possibly happen. Even if we were just waiting for one of the kids parents to pick them up, I made sure somebody else was around. You hear of this happening way too often

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Tough break.

Gotta admit, though. A teacher who likes to pick 12 year old girls up and "twirl" them for fun is just kinda creepy to me. I'm not saying he molested anyone. I am saying that it's a lot easier to make accusations against someone who is known to be a touchy-feely type with kids. Weird.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Tough break.

Gotta admit, though. A teacher who likes to pick 12 year old girls up and "twirl" them for fun is just kinda creepy to me. I'm not saying he molested anyone. I am saying that it's a lot easier to make accusations against someone who is known to be a touchy-feely type with kids. Weird.

Which is too bad, because kids, by their nature, are touchy-feely. So they get to be raised in a culture of adults who are afraid to touch them :(

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The girl, angry at Lanigan about something else entirely, had made the whole thing up.

Unpossible, we all know children are incapable of falsehoods.

Why doesn't he move? Change your name and leave.

That's what many involved in these cases do, including the members of the Rodney King Four, one of whom relocated to Indianapolis.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    The bratty 12 year old that accused him should be killed and her parents should have to deal with her death by writing the wrongfully accused a check for his losses. There should be no tollerance for wrongfully accusing someone, no matter how young.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Tough break.

That's called "playing" and it's what adults used to do with kids before everyone automatically assumed they were molesting them.

Last edited:

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    "The first person to tell a story seems right until the second comes along."

Guilty before proven innocent is a lost practice in our legal system.

I've seen lives seriously damaged by false allegations. It is easy to manipulate events to paint an incorrect picture and get free legal service from public servants. Prosecutors are free. Defense attorneys are not, and you have to fight a very big and powerful system that assumes you're guilty and doesn't punish false accusers often enough.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    A guy who I went to high school with, whom is mutual friends with several of my friends(all good judges of character) is in a (sort of) similar situationright now.

His wife's sister is an absolute POS that has 4 kids and they adopted all of them...The 14 year old accused him of molesting her, the news ran the story and now that it looks like she was full of ****. The news no longer cares, so a follow up probably won't even happen.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    That's called "playing" and it's what adults used to do with kids before everyone automatically assumed they were molesting them.

Years before I was born, my father was involved in youth baseball coaching. He coached the 9-12 year old group and worked closely with the local high school coaches to spot and develop talent. Needless to say, he coached me and my friends as well. He coached kids from split homes and kids who literally had never met their father. He would bring watermelon and sodas to camps and practices. He would even go as far to drive out to the country to pick kids up who had a mother that worked swing shift so they could make a game. And it wasn't because he liked to win either. I shudder to guess how he would be perceived today.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Watch the new on TV in the evening. Any time the police pick someone up, the news people already pronounce them as guilty. No trial needed. Athlete accused of doing anything off the court, guilty even if proven innocent.

Pretty sad that in so many times, the innocent get hung before the trial, and the truly guilty get set free to do their evil over and over.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    This is sick, first I have no tolerance for child molesters PERIOD. That being said I have no tolerance for LIARS either. He should be allowed to sue the parents of the accuser for the legal fees.

Plus, if I was him, I would not want to would I work for that school district again.

Where was the sex in this? A comment can cost you 40 years?

This is what this nation is becoming...selfish..what is in it for me.

The accuser has NO consequences for her actions? None? She can destroy ones life and "oh Well" no big deal?

BS

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Unpossible, we all know children are incapable of falsehoods.

Why doesn't he move? Change your name and leave.

That's what many involved in these cases do, including the members of the Rodney King Four, one of whom relocated to Indianapolis.

Didn't he attend law school in Indianapolis? Hmmmm...

Top Bottom