• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    In New York, a town just banned smoking cigarettes outdoors on public sidewalks.

I may be a non-smoker, but I don't let any irrational emotions control my principles. This law is complete garbage. One ban at a time, we are losing every freedom and creating a disgusting control-obsessed society where everything is illegal and decent people have to be afraid of being arrested for endless numbers of obscure infractions. When good people are afraid, something is very wrong!

Green Neck, NY, Bans Smoking On Public Sidewalks

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The pseudo-science industry has convinced people that second hand smoke is the most dangerous thing in the world. Just a small whiff from a passing cigarette will immediately give everyone in the area lung cancer or at a minimum emphysema. The whole world has gone mad. No one understands science, we are a world that believes in superstitious nonsense.

People have also become narcissists. The only thing that matters in the world is them and their pleasure. If a whiff of tobacco smoke is irritating it should be banned. If some speech is contrary to their beliefs, it should be banned. If someone else's behavior is wrong in their eyes then it should be outlawed.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Yea, I honestly like smoke free areas and whatever cuz that jazz gives me a headache, but this does seem unreasonable. In a building is one thing, out in the open air is another.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    The pseudo-science industry has convinced people that second hand smoke is the most dangerous thing in the world. Just a small whiff from a passing cigarette will immediately give everyone in the area lung cancer or at a minimum emphysema. The whole world has gone mad. No one understands science, we are a world that believes in superstitious nonsense.

People have also become narcissists. The only thing that matters in the world is them and their pleasure. If a whiff of tobacco smoke is irritating it should be banned. If some speech is contrary to their beliefs, it should be banned. If someone else's behavior is wrong in their eyes then it should be outlawed.
    actually i just read a study that the way cigarette smoke constricts your blood vessles, even in second and smoke can trigger a heart attack from just one instance of inhaling it. i'll see if i can find the story.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    actually i just read a study that the way cigarette smoke constricts your blood vessles, even in second and smoke can trigger a heart attack from just one instance of inhaling it. i'll see if i can find the story.

That seems to be completely absurd and unless the story came from a medical journal that's been extensively peer reviewed I have a very hard time believing it is even remotely true.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I can understand the inside situation. But sidewalks, open air, please. It's just another busybody with nothing to do but involve themselves in everyone else's life because they have trouble living just their life.

cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    don't forget in some areas it is now illegal to smoke in parks( because of the kids) & also in the car with kid's!!!!!!!!!

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Fascism1.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

My Dad smoked his whole life. I never once saw any bystanders drop dead in his presence.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Yea, I'm glad some one done this. I wish Indiana would do the same. I'm so tired of stepping over dead children's bodies from second hand smoke.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Some would have you believe second hand smoke is worse than actually smoking. Um, if you are around second hand smoke, so is the smoker. Plus he's getting the direct hit. I've never heard of anyone dying on their first cigarette.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

And studies have shown that your own saliva can cause cancer - but only if swallowed in small amounts over a prolonged period. Tell it to AlGore! :noway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We know that some studies have been hoaxes. There were emails that the global warming "scientists" ignored inconvenient data. Made some up. Much of the studies on silicone breast implants were lies. We just recently learned that the scary study about vaccinations was faked.

And NO, I do not smoke cigarettes.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I've smoked for over 25 years. I'm not stupid enough to try to say its good for me. I will say that during the time in my life when I smoked the most (over 1.5 packs per day), I was also the healthiest. I was running 30 miles a week and I could do over 75 military pushups nonstop. That was about 13 years ago.

All the smoking nazis also won't tell you that your breathing about a packs worth of carcinogens just by walking a block on a downtown street.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    The smoking ban in my town goes in effect today. The smokers at the bowling alley have been crying a river the last month since it was announced. Inside a facility I can see the effect and reasoning but outside away from everyone...well thats just a bit much.

Top Bottom