• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    I just fail to see how a government gets away with telling a business owner what legal activities he can or cannot allow in his own private property. If people don't like smoking they can not patronize places that allow it. It's deplorable and, frankly, morally wrong to impose smoking bans on privately owned businesses.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    The smoking ban in my town goes in effect today. The smokers at the bowling alley have been crying a river the last month since it was announced. Inside a facility I can see the effect and reasoning but outside away from everyone...well thats just a bit much.

I can see it too IF the property owner is making the decision. No one is being forced to enter. :twocents:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    smoking bans indoors are a gross government intrusion. no one forces you to go to a smokey establishment. much like anti-gun businesses, you have the ability to speak with your wallet. the same applies to all the poor waitresses who have to work in a smoky enviroment- get another job if you don't like it. i don't like the idea of the government telling anyone what they can do on their own property.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I just fail to see how a government gets away with telling a business owner what legal activities he can or cannot allow in his own private property. If people don't like smoking they can not patronize places that allow it. It's deplorable and, frankly, morally wrong to impose smoking bans on privately owned businesses.
    You beat me to it. Well said. :yesway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

smoking bans indoors are a gross government intrusion. no one forces you to go to a smokey establishment. much like anti-gun businesses, you have the ability to speak with your wallet. the same applies to all the poor waitresses who have to work in a smoky enviroment- get another job if you don't like it. i don't like the idea of the government telling anyone what they can do on their own property.

I have been surprised what a foreign concept that seems to be to even freedom loving gun owners here on this board much less the general public.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    The Nanny Staters don't care about morality.
    They've decided what is good for you and you'd better like it! :n00b:

gemlit-eyed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    First I haven't been to Bloomington in a very long time. A caller to a radio talk show stated the Mom & Pop restaurants have closed up leaving only the chain establishments, I don't know about that. I used to go to a Greek restaurant in Southport on a weekly basis nice place good food. After the smoking ban my visits were fewer. later stopping altogether. My coworkers and I used to go to breakfast A couple times a week. The Cracker Barrel went non smoking we went two more times then switched to a restaurant with outdoor seating then it got cold. We don't go to breakfast anymore. La Peeps used to be standing room only before they went non smoking. You can get a seat there anytime now.
    I am not boycotting these places, it is just more comfortable at home. We can sing, play guitars, check fun facts on the net, smoke.
    First came restrictions then came bans. Sound familiar?
    In closing tobacco taxes support health care for disadvantaged children. I smoke for the children.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    First I haven't been to Bloomington in a very long time. A caller to a radio talk show stated the Mom & Pop restaurants have closed up leaving only the chain establishments, I don't know about that. I used to go to a Greek restaurant in Southport on a weekly basis nice place good food. After the smoking ban my visits were fewer. later stopping altogether. My coworkers and I used to go to breakfast A couple times a week. The Cracker Barrel went non smoking we went two more times then switched to a restaurant with outdoor seating then it got cold. We don't go to breakfast anymore. La Peeps used to be standing room only before they went non smoking. You can get a seat there anytime now.
    I am not boycotting these places, it is just more comfortable at home. We can sing, play guitars, check fun facts on the net, smoke.
    First came restrictions then came bans. Sound familiar?
    In closing tobacco taxes support health care for disadvantaged children. I smoke for the children.

I smoke and drink for the poor children. Thinking about giving up my car so the children do not have to inhale the exhaust fumes.

The poor children. I am 40, my parents smoked a pack or two a day each when I was a kid and I started when I was 15, I am still healthier then most people my age.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I smoked for 14 years. Quit cold turkey in January of 1991. I can't believe people spend more than $5 a pack for smokes. That's a new car payment.

Smoke all you want, in your home, or on your property. If you're out in public your smoke may irritate the throats, lungs, and sinus of others. Please be considerate. It's not considerate when you make others suffer from your addiction.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I smoked for 14 years. Quit cold turkey in January of 1991. I can't believe people spend more than $5 a pack for smokes. That's a new car payment.

Smoke all you want, in your home, or on your property. If you're out in public your smoke may irritate the throats, lungs, and sinus of others. Please be considerate. It's not considerate when you make others suffer from your addiction.

As I have said before, peoples car exhaust is worse then my cigarette smoke. But will everyone quit telling me the only place I can smoke is on my property. Some people do not own their own property, what are they supposed to do?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am irritated by perfume and cologne and would like them banned. I am also traumatized by obese people in tight clothes (especially spandex type stuff) so that needs to go as well. Stuff that irritates me causes me to have acid reflux so it does impact my health. So people that upset me should be banned from public places where I might encounter them.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I am irritated by perfume and cologne and would like them banned. I am also traumatized by obese people in tight clothes (especially spandex type stuff) so that needs to go as well. Stuff that irritates me causes me to have acid reflux so it does impact my health. So people that upset me should be banned from public places where I might encounter them.
    Deal.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

Like this?

1280532_f248.jpg

Is this better?

chicks_in_panama_at_a_cricket_game-190x300.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The top one... <shiver>, looks like she could kick my arse. Luckily she is a super hero.

The bottom two... are quite attractive young ladies.

that need a spanking...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Some would have you believe second hand smoke is worse than actually smoking. Um, if you are around second hand smoke, so is the smoker. Plus he's getting the direct hit. I've never heard of anyone dying on their first cigarette.
    There are doctors that have written in the last two years that they refuse to work on patients who have been exposed to second-hand smoke. They call it third-hand smoke.

I don't have a link, just find a blog written by a doctor or nurse and, if they haven't written it themselves, they will have a link to one written account or another about it.

Top Bottom