• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove
    So I'm curious to know if anyone else has had this type of experience when dealing with Glock's Customer Service? The reason for my call was simple, I wanted to get a straight answer directly from Glock about what does and doesn't void their Warranty, I didn't have a TON of questions, I didn't take an excessive amount of time in asking my questions, I only had two;

1. Does shooting Steele Case Ammunition void the Warranty?

2. Does a simple modification like re-finishing the Barrel void the Warranty?

The first time I called was the day I picked my Glock up, I was on my way home so decided to call, the guy was a DI*K, he was very short with me and extremely rude, the above mentioned questions were asked and here's the answers I got;

1. "YES, we do NOT recommend anything other than brass ammunition"

2. "YES, we do NOT recommend ANY type of modifications, doing so would void your Warranty"

After doing a bit more research, I found that the information that I got from the first guy didn't seem quite right, so I decided to call again.

Plus, I figured the guys attitude the first time was simply a fluke or I had caught him on a bad day, everyone knows what that's like, maybe the guy had just got off the phone with someone that cussed him out, so I was giving him the benefit of the doubt...

Well, not so much, after making my second call I have ZERO doubt that the people that work for Glock are just AS*HOLES plain and simple, here's how guy #2 answered the questions;

1. "NO, as long as your shooting factory Ammunition you can shoot any kind you want"

2. "Glock doesn't recommend ANY type of modifications to our firearms"

The answer I got to question 2 was weird, the guy wouldn't come right out and say that it would void my Warranty, so I asked him, you don't "recommend" modifications or modifications void the Warranty? He said, "well, Glock doesn't recommend that any type of modifications are made"

I said "you're not answering my question, is it that Glock doesn't recommend it, or is it that it will void my Warranty?" He would not answer my question, so I said "let's say I refinish the barrel, and my trigger fails, would Glock fix the trigger?" he replied, "yes, we would fix the trigger but if something goes wrong with the barrel it's no longer covered"

WOW... How hard was that? I know these guys are trained to have specific responses to specific types of questions, but that's no reason to be a DI*K about it! It's hard to get across in this post the type of attitude that I got from both these guys, but as a small business owner, I would NEVER think of speaking to any of my customers in that way! Just poor customer service, I encourage you guys to call, I'd like to see if anyone else is getting the same type of attitude I was getting, 770-432-1202

Either way, I sure am glad Glock is not in the Customer relations business, because from what I can see, there good at but one thing, and that's making firearms!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Both your questions relate to liability, Glock's liability. In this litigators paradise they are doing their best to cover their 6. My personal experience with them recently is that they can be a little short, and a little slow with responses. I'm sure that, like every other firearm manufacturer they are covered up with questions and orders. I'm not defending them I just understand the current situation and give them a little slack.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Last edited:

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    M&M warranty protection act. Look it up. Basically, if you refinish your barrel, and it's responsible for the failure (brittle, etc.) it and any resulting damage would not be covered. But, if something else fails, they would have to prove your refinish job caused the failure.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Slightly off-topic but I bought a LNIB blue label Gen 4 G34 and it had no backstraps with it. Glock sent a set along with bore brush and handle and a cool pen F.O.C. Like Jack Nicholson said in A Few Good Men, you gotta ask nicely.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Imagine that. Stuff that is pretty much common sense, and you held up the phone line. I would probably be short with you too.

Did you even read the manual? At all? If you didn't get one, they can be found quite painlessly via google.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    M&M warranty protection act. Look it up. Basically, if you refinish your barrel, and it's responsible for the failure (brittle, etc.) it and any resulting damage would not be covered. But, if something else fails, they would have to prove your refinish job caused the failure.

Thegeek speaks the truth.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Take your Glock and drill it, screw it, grind it, burn it, glue it and blue it.
    Then Ultimately - Shoot it.

I probably voided the warranty on my Glocks the first week I owned them.
    There's nothing wrong with modifying something you have to make it better for your own personal enjoyment. Kind of like getting your wife breast implants. :):

Why are you worried about the warranty?

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons

There's nothing wrong with modifying something you have to make it better for your own personal enjoyment. Kind of like getting your wife breast implants. :):

Breast implants aren't even good to mash/squeeze. Don't know why some dudes love that when natural feels so much better.

bob_dolemite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009

I agree with this post 100%. Glock is an appliance, use it till it breaks then replace it.

My only experience with Glock support was during the RSA recall a year or so ago. Overall, it was positive--got my new RSA and ejector/housing no problem. Maybe it helped that I'm an armorer or just that they had a recall and we're making it right.

BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Imagine that. Stuff that is pretty much common sense, and you held up the phone line. I would probably be short with you too.

Did you even read the manual? At all? If you didn't get one, they can be found quite painlessly via google.

Imagine that, your being a smart [STRIKE]ass[/STRIKE]! It's clear you have nothing productive to say or add to the thread so [STRIKE]STFU[/STRIKE]!

Heaven forbid I want to call and ask a question to a company that I just spent $600 with...? Imagine that, I would expect that a company have a little bit of customer service? Imagine that, I would expect that I would receive a kind response to a question I asked in a kind manner... Do us all a favor and mind your business [STRIKE]DICK[/STRIKE]!

Last edited by a moderator:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Imagine that, your being a smart ass! It's clear you have nothing productive to say or add to the thread so STFU!

Heaven forbid I want to call and ask a question to a company that I just spent $600 with...? Imagine that, I would expect that a company have a little bit of customer service? Imagine that, I would expect that I would receive a kind response to a question I asked in a kind manner... Do us all a favor and mind your business DICK!

Let's stop and take a deep breath for a moment or two.

:mods:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Imagine that, your being a smart ass! It's clear you have nothing productive to say or add to the thread so STFU!

Heaven forbid I want to call and ask a question to a company that I just spent $600 with...? Imagine that, I would expect that a company have a little bit of customer service? Imagine that, I would expect that I would receive a kind response to a question I asked in a kind manner... Do us all a favor and mind your business DICK!

It's You're - as in You're not suppose to consume Your alcohol while You're using Your computer.

Top Bottom