• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Imagine that, your being a smart ass! It's clear you have nothing productive to say or add to the thread so STFU!

Heaven forbid I want to call and ask a question to a company that I just spent $600 with...? Imagine that, I would expect that a company have a little bit of customer service? Imagine that, I would expect that I would receive a kind response to a question I asked in a kind manner... Do us all a favor and mind your business DICK!

I thought he had something productive to add to the thread. I'm sure Glock is even more curt with customers that spend thousands of dollars with them. It doesn't mean that folks will all of a sudden NOT do business with them because they are curt on the phone. Well maybe just you won't be doing business with them.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Imagine that, your being a smart ass! It's clear you have nothing productive to say or add to the thread so STFU!

Heaven forbid I want to call and ask a question to a company that I just spent $600 with...? Imagine that, I would expect that a company have a little bit of customer service? Imagine that, I would expect that I would receive a kind response to a question I asked in a kind manner... Do us all a favor and mind your business DICK!

I agree, his comments were in a smart ass additude, but your comment was just rude.

I have alot of customer service experience and if this story played out the way it was explained, it is kind of ****ty that he couldnt get a straight answer out of them. If you called Stihl and asked them an obvious question like how to start your chainsaw, you should still get a clear answer. Same thing with Glock.

That being said, Reading your rebuttle to his smart alleck comment, and taking it at face value, you got a lot of nerve calling someone else a dick.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Vinegar or honey.

That being said, Reading your rebuttle to his smart alleck comment, and taking it at face value, you got a lot of nerve calling someone else a dick.[/QUOTE]

I suspect that if OP opened his conversations with the Glock customer service people with the same attitude I have observed in his posts on here that they most likely reciprocated. I have had many conversations with various Glock customer service people over the years and the attitude he reports has not been my experience.

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    Either way, I sure am glad Glock is not in the Customer relations business, because from what I can see, there good at but one thing, and that's making firearms!

The greatest gun in the world needs modified? My head is going to explode.

It's You're - as in You're not suppose to consume Your alcohol while You're using Your computer.

Is he God?

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero

OP, this is how you treat us in response to your original post? I don't think I'd care to do business with you. :noway:

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Pretty simple, the OP wasn't treated as a valued customer. No matter how stupid you think the question is (and his was valid), the CSR should do their best to answer.

OP, the answer is pretty simple. Glock will not tell you it's okay to modify anything. If they do, they are instantly liable for anything that goes wrong. They aren't really lying. They just say they don't recommend it so they aren't responsible.

If you want to refinish your slide, do so. It won't void the warranty on anything but the factory finish. If you have a corrosion problem, warranty void on the refinished corroded part. If the contact points wear, warranty void because the new finish had something to do with it.

Your modification must cause the failure for the warranty to be void.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    You have to remember that of the universe of people who purchase a handgun, a few are going to be idiots.

You may not fall into that category, but the Glock customer service rep doesn't know that.

Last edited:

BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Take your Glock and drill it, screw it, grind it, burn it, glue it and blue it.
    Then Ultimately - Shoot it.

I probably voided the warranty on my Glocks the first week I owned them.
    There's nothing wrong with modifying something you have to make it better for your own personal enjoyment. Kind of like getting your wife breast implants. :):

Why are you worried about the warranty?

Lol, I've not put too many rounds through it at this point, I didn't want to make any mods and find out later that there was a problem with the firearm but I had voided the warranty due to modifications.

BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I agree, his comments were in a smart ass additude, but your comment was just rude.

I have alot of customer service experience and if this story played out the way it was explained, it is kind of ****ty that he couldnt get a straight answer out of them. If you called Stihl and asked them an obvious question like how to start your chainsaw, you should still get a clear answer. Same thing with Glock.

That being said, Reading your rebuttle to his smart alleck comment, and taking it at face value, you got a lot of nerve calling someone else a dick.

I agree, I shouldn't have said that! I was in a bit of a mood! No excuse, it just frustrates me when people are smartasses for no reason at all. Consider that I had been told one thing by the gun shop, something different by the first guy I talked to @ Glock, then something entirely different the second time on the phone with Glock.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by happygunner
    Breast implants aren't even good to mash/squeeze. Don't know why some dudes love that when natural feels so much better.

They've definitely improved over the years though...:laugh:Quote:

Do they now come with squeaky toys installed. :):

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington

images

You asked a question on an open forum, expect responses from all different personality types. You should probably ask this question on ar15.com next :rolleyes:

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    I recently sent my G30 in for repair (bouncing brass off my face) and they had a very good tone and dialogue, not the most speedy, told me 4 weeks took 2 months. But in the end they took care of it, they sent me a new G30 and replaced the one I sent...that throws brass in my face...

nb1980

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Columbus
    I had a very good experience with Glock Customer Service. I called to order a replacement base plate for a magazine on a used Glock 22 I purchased. The bottom of the magazine looked like a dog maybe chewed on it or had been dropped badly. The lady in sales said they would just send one to me and charged me nothing.

Top Bottom