• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    And I'm sitting here watching Band of Brothers (I don'r have a copy of The Longest Day) and my wife asks me why I have a pistol sitting next to me (1915 USGI Colt. 45). I looked at the and said,"because I don't have a Garand!"

Women; I swear!

Doug K

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I always have a gun either next to me or on me. My wife also gave up on that 15 years ago. In fact, when we first met, I told her "I carry guns. I hope that's not going to be a problem, because it's not going to change."

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I always have a gun either next to me or on me. My wife also gave up on that 15 years ago. In fact, when we first met, I told her "I carry guns. I hope that's not going to be a problem, because it's not going to change."
    pretty much the same thing i did. you know she loves you when you tell her on the first date she will go before the guns will and she stays with you.:D

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    And I'm sitting here watching Band of Brothers (I don'r have a copy of The Longest Day) and my wife asks me why I have a pistol sitting next to me (1915 USGI Colt. 45). I looked at the and said,"because I don't have a Garand!"

Women; I swear!

Doug K

We too spent the evening watching the story of the 101st and reflecting on the sacrifices made by our fathers....

I must be truly blessed though.... not only did I have one of my 1911s on... my wife had one of hers out too!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    To any of the WWII vets that might be reading these posts, I want to say thank you for all you have done for our republic and the example that you have set for us.

May we honor your sacrifice by preserving our republic, so much under attack both at home at abroad, by preserving her for our children and grandchildren as well as providing them with the values and tools necessary to preserve her for their children and grandchildren.

God bless.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    The absolute bestest part of the Band of Brothers is the interviews with the survivors. Now they were real heroes (and tough SOB's) - not a bunch of whiney welfare recipients that we are growing in this country.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The absolute bestest part of the Band of Brothers is the interviews with the survivors. Now they were real heroes (and tough SOB's) - not a bunch of whiney welfare recipients that we are growing in this country.

A lot of them where drafted, and they went away to war. They fought the greatest battle in our history. We have some great youth joining our ranks today. However, a lot of them are lazy and worthless!

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    A lot of them where drafted, and they went away to war. They fought the greatest battle in our history. We have some great youth joining our ranks today. However, a lot of them are lazy and worthless!

Do not get me wrong, the whiny class I refer to is NOT the current military enlistment. I am talking about the American population in general.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Wow, you Sir are living a dream of mine. :yesway:

I was even born there, just next to the sea. :)
    I know every beaches of Normandy and the whole region.
    I see buildings with bullets holes, bunkers on the beach and military memorials and cemeteries everyday.
    The largest cemetery in the area, the closest to my home, is the Canadian and British military cemetery.
    You have a bunch of American and Allies cemeteries too, a few minutes away.

The D-Day is celebrated 365 days a year here. :patriot:
    You just have to look at the flowers on the memorials and in the cemeteries.

It's like living in a living museum.
    I would be more than happy to be your guide in the region. :yesway:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Here is one of the best speeches honoring the warriors of D Day I have ever seen. I pull it up every June 6.

This is the full version (approx. 15 minutes). It is well worth the watch.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEIqdcHbc8I[/ame]

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just thought I would share a couple of pictures of where I live with you.

It's hard to forget the D-Day when you see things like that anytime you go to the beach.

img-1826.jpg

Or visit the cemeteries of the region.

520px-American_Flag_and_Cross_in_Normandy_American_Cemetery_and_Memorial.jpg

1235_1_1756.jpg

French students visiting the cemetery and leaving flowers on US graves.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom